Levi's Renders and Art

mxstyliemxstylie Posts: 114
edited May 2013 in Art Studio

Here are a few comps I have been working on the past few days. I just found DAZ about a week ago and am loving it. I have a good amount of photography experience and DAZ is an awesome way to express some ideas without spending a ton of cash. I hope to be trying some animation soon! Feel free to let me know what you think of my work. Thanks for looking!

- Levi

Post edited by mxstylie on

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Welcome to DAZ :)
    I like the intensity of the facial expressions and your knowledge of framing certainly shows (having some of the face out of the picture) and nice work of depth of field! I'm sure you will have a lot of fun with this program and looking forward to seeing more. There are so many lighting options you'll probably go crazy, lol.
    Cathie

• mxstyliemxstylie Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

Thanks Cathie! I can hardly sleep at night thinking of new ideas. I appreciate the nice comments. :cheese:

- Levi

edited December 1969

Here's a couple from today with the Nano-Suit

closeaoki2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    closeaoki.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    stealth.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    edited May 2013

Love the reflection in the visor on the first one, and the depth of field where half the face is different on the second one. That must have been tricky! Very crisp, delightful! You've been busy dude.

Edit: one suggestion? Maybe dim the chest reflection a tad on the third one. IMO, a bit too distracting. Would like to see some shades of gray instead of just bright white. Is your light source white? (try a blue or gray?)

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

Thanks. My lights are white. I see your point regarding the reflection. Yeah that close-up took a while to get the focal distance right. Thanks for the comments.

edited December 1969

Been messing with photoshop a bit more trying to get better at using post processes. Hope you guys like it.

- Levi

aikoscared3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1018K
    edited December 1969

Cool steam! Was that one of Ron's brushes? Are you familiar with those? They are really neat, just wait for the sales. They are Photoshop brushes, would be great for your postwork.

edited December 1969

Thanks for always commenting on my stuff. Yeah they are ron's brushes. I just got the atmospheric bundle earlier today for the steam and smoke set but it has a lot of other great stuff in the bundle. I love them so far. It's going to be hard not to overuse them. I can't wait to try some more.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

As a Art Studio LURKER, (I never miss a render) I just decided to un-lurk and say you have a very nice style in your renders. I do watch, but if I see nothing I can help with I just enjoy and move on. Your art needs no help from me. Post more please.

edited December 1969

Thanks Jaderail. I really appreciate it. Honestly I love having a place to share my art and you guys are great. Here's a couple more I did over the weekend. :cheese:

troppers3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    lorella6.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 517K
    cloneplatoon.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 732K
    edited December 1969

I did this rainy comp yesterday. I'm having fun with photoshop and daz. My dad has a story we might start to work on. I'll post some stuff when we start on it. Hope you guys like this one.

- Levi

raintestlight.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    edited December 1969

I put Lorella on the roof and then I Photoshopped her (like she needs it). I think she appreciates the touch-ups though :-)

lorellafinal2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Wow you have some great artwork :-). I am also usually a lurker....lol. Your lighting is really great....the way it all blends together.

edited December 1969

Thank you very much for the nice comment. I used 4 spot lights and 2 distant lights for her. All different colors, some white some blue some yellow :-)

edited December 1969

Smokin' :coolhmm:

smokin5.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 607K
    edited December 1969

I guess I'll start naming my art. I'll call This one "The Orphan"

orphan.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1016K
    edited December 1969

I've been working with Luxus and LuxRender. Here is a shot with one area light. I'm rendering one right now with three area lights. I'll post it later. L-R Aiko5, Lorella for Aiko5, and Azumi for Aiko5. I used the Luxus shaders for the clothing, the rest is all Daz.

d93logo.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 923K
    edited December 1969

Here is one I rendered yesterday of Azumi. She has the most realistic skin of all the Aiko5 characters that I have.

logod.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 602K
    edited December 1969

Does anybody know how to change the name of a thread? :cheese:

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

mxstylie said:

Edit the first post

edited December 1969

mxstylie said:

Edit the first post

Thanks

edited December 1969

Same shot as post #17 but with three area lights this time.

d164.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 799K
    edited December 1969

Amazing Discovery :-)

ball2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 619K
  • 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited May 2013

Awesome renders :bug: :-)

Do you have a dA account? The subscription notifications here are kinda iffy and I want to follow you :) (in a non-stalkerish way :-P )

Post edited by 3dLux on
    edited December 1969

Awesome renders :bug: :-)

Do you have a dA account? The subscription notifications here are kinda iffy and I want to follow you :) (in a non-stalkerish way :-P )

Thanks for the nice comment. No I don't have a DA account but I will go join right now. I guess I'll figure out how to put a link like yours under my post here. I suppose that is the signature? :coolsmile:

• MegaPMegaP Posts: 178
    edited December 1969

Really love your work.
    Keep them coming.
    We've bought similar things and I'm enjoying your interpretation.
    Composition,colour...fantastic

edited December 1969

megabixel said:
    Really love your work.
    Keep them coming.
    We've bought similar things and I'm enjoying your interpretation.
    Composition,colour...fantastic

Thank you :-). is there somewhere I can look at your artwork?

edited December 1969

I really should start a post of my own.
    I guess like you,you come up with something you think is great then the next render supersedes it.
    I should just take the plunge and start posting:-)

edited December 1969

megabixel said:
    I really should start a post of my own.
    I guess like you,you come up with something you think is great then the next render supersedes it.
    I should just take the plunge and start posting:-)

Yes you should :cheese:

edited May 2013

Ok,I will
    Please look out for me

Post edited by MegaP on