Comments

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,879
    edited December 1969

This is probably the source of your problem. Create the following folders:

Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM

Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/Maps

Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/Presets

Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/geometry

The "maps" folder is the main necessary one as that is where the density maps and such are stored for rendering.

Kendall

Ok, I have done as you suggested and created the folders. In the zip for Female Parted Hair there is only a file called 'Genesis - parted hair female.lmh' which I put in the presets folder. I still get the same render error but this time I got a logfile which I will forward to you at the email address you kindly provided.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,879
    edited December 1969

I'm getting the same hair errors, tried putting the folders in as suggested and still not able to get it to render properly, any other suggestion?
    I am not getting the small error box though, it just renders the pic with skimpy hair.

Hi HeatherLee,

Kendal is attempting to help me via email. I think we have narrowed the problem down but no solution as yet. Will post if there is one.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited April 2013

I'm getting the same hair errors, tried putting the folders in as suggested and still not able to get it to render properly, any other suggestion?
    I am not getting the small error box though, it just renders the pic with skimpy hair.

If you're getting "thin hair" in your renders, you need to increase the hair quantity in the LAMH pane.

EDIT: Depending on how the preset was written, the creator may have used a low number of hairs. The LAMH pane has settings for the normal range of hair densities for most humans.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

thanks, I didn't know about the pane tab and though it just loaded and rendered.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Is the update going to remove the need for those hard-coded folders?

The lookatmyhairAM folder follows the DAZ default "Studio" folder location.
    Which DAZ default location? Remember, there's not just the D|S4 default that's different from every previous location, there's also the DIM default, which isn't even in the User folder. I'm very much afraid this is all going to get hideously complicated — we've already seen lots of posts from people moving to DIM who've got themselves in a mess setting up two separate content locations without noticing, and without realising these defaults can be changed.
    edited December 1969

I just want to say thanks for the free player and to all the artists who have kindly shared their hair presets. This is my first render with this product, and I love the results.

topoftheworldr.jpg
    1000 x 625 - 112K
    edited December 1969

Is the update going to remove the need for those hard-coded folders?

The lookatmyhairAM folder follows the DAZ default "Studio" folder location.

Which DAZ default location? Remember, there's not just the D|S4 default that's different from every previous location, there's also the DIM default, which isn't even in the User folder. I'm very much afraid this is all going to get hideously complicated — we've already seen lots of posts from people moving to DIM who've got themselves in a mess setting up two separate content locations without noticing, and without realising these defaults can be changed.

This is a good point, thanks for bringing it up. We've already run into exactly this once before with Windows8 and the new "Libraries" area showing both the DAZ 3D folders from the DIM and Documents areas.

Kendall

edited December 1969

I just want to say thanks for the free player and to all the artists who have kindly shared their hair presets. This is my first render with this product, and I love the results.

Very nice!

Kendall

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited May 2013

iiii've... got a question (or two). again. ^^

so I finally understood how to create and render a hairstyle with look at my hair, yeah, i'm that slow... :blush:

so my question is: can one create a preset for a gen4 figure that will be useable with another gen4 figure that has morphs applied to it? because it didn't want to work for me. the hair i 'created' on m4 couldn't be used on a character i morphed using the ++morphs.

and the second question is: I can dial up the density but it doesn't get saved. is there a way to save the density with the preset?

thanks in advance :)

Post edited by BlazeMystEra on
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

you can't use the preset on a different gen4, it can only be on M4. They're different figures with different obj files.

It's another great reason I like using Genesis-the hair will work on all shapes, though extreme shapes will need adjusting.

That said i do make some V4 and M4 hair, but they have to be made as separate presets.

AS for density, that's just the preview and doesn't effect the final export. To affect the density of hair, you need to increase the hair count number in the export options and PRESS ENTER. :) For a human head of hair I usually do about 80,000 hair, and for animals more like 800,000

edited December 1969

Ah... the haircount. Thank you :)

I was making a M4 shortshaved kind of hair and tried to use it on a different m4 only this one had morphs applied to him and the hair I made for M4 without morphs didn't work with the other M4 (the one with the morphs) ... and the hair I made on the one with morphs doesn't work on the one without morphs... so what am I doing wrong?

edited December 1969

sorry i didn't see your reply right away! Is the morphed M4 saved as a figure? Are perhaps used two versions of M4? (I have, unfortunately, 3 versions of V4, 4 versions of A3, 2 of M4) as they were updated and stuff. Just checking if that's an issue with you... that's the ONLY time I ever got that message (I made a V4 hair preset on V4.1 instead of V4.2, then tried to load it on V4.2 and was quite stumped for a while).

edited December 1969

Catching up on some things....

Made the hair, the antenna, and the wings all with LAMH! Pretty cute??

FireflyFaieSmCropped.jpg
    1055 x 900 - 884K
  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Beautiful Amy, how did you do the wings?

edited December 1969

Beautiful Amy, how did you do the wings?

Extremely simply! I did each wing separately. Small line selected down the back, brushed out from the back to thin/flatten it, and then from side view, brushed the bottom down a bit, and the top up a bit (large brush) and gathered at the tip. Using a sparkly velvet shader but kept the hair count small... only 500 hair count per wing! Increased the hair size to 250, tip 80 for the wing size. Because of low hair count on the wings, the spaces between each hair give the appearance of opacity. :)

I may make a set of wings to share as a preset.

edited December 1969

sorry i didn't see your reply right away! Is the morphed M4 saved as a figure? Are perhaps used two versions of M4? (I have, unfortunately, 3 versions of V4, 4 versions of A3, 2 of M4) as they were updated and stuff. Just checking if that's an issue with you... that's the ONLY time I ever got that message (I made a V4 hair preset on V4.1 instead of V4.2, then tried to load it on V4.2 and was quite stumped for a while).

No worries :) I'm thankfull you take the time to help me. I believe I tried it out on another M4 that I freshly loaded and morphed, but I'm not quite sure, so I'm gonna try it again this afternoon. It might just be that this is exactly the problem and I'm imagening having tried it out... that does happen sometimes *g*

edited December 1969

Sure, keep me posted!

edited December 1969

unsurprisingly you were of course right... I don't know when I updated Michael, but I must have somewhen in the last 1 1/2 years... funny thing... guess I should start on my braintraining :D

thank you again for your help. I really appreciate how friendly and ever present you are and how you never even distantly give the impression that I'm stupid (which sometimes - I do admit - I am) ^^ I wish I had your patience and suavity... wait... can you write a program for that? maybe not, huh?

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Normally, I'd try to dig this out myself, but as I haven't really been following this at all...

What's the trick to getting the LaMH player to do multiple furry figures? I was using the Mil Big Cat presets from the furrythings website and three Mil Big Cats (full version, SR1) I wanted to do a "lion's den" with Aslan Court, but couldn't get the fur onto more than one cat, even when I created and loaded them separately. (I have 4.5.1.56)

When I tried to re-name the fur preset, DS would crash.

edited December 1969

Normally, I'd try to dig this out myself, but as I haven't really been following this at all...

What's the trick to getting the LaMH player to do multiple furry figures? I was using the Mil Big Cat presets from the furrythings website and three Mil Big Cats (full version, SR1) I wanted to do a "lion's den" with Aslan Court, but couldn't get the fur onto more than one cat, even when I created and loaded them separately. (I have 4.5.1.56)

Multiple LAMH presets are an upcoming feature. The current LAMH versions are limited to 1 LAMH preset, or LAMH affected item, per scene.

Kendall

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Multiple LAMH presets are an upcoming feature. The current LAMH versions are limited to 1 LAMH preset, or LAMH affected item, per scene.

Kendall

Oh good. I wasn't messing something up. :) Thanks. (I'm guessing this was stated somewhere, but since I only have the free player, and haven't been following along, I missed it.)

edited December 1969

I picked this up today, but it keeps crashing daz studio using the newest version of studio 64 bit. The log file really doesn't say much, its getting frustrating

edited December 1969

I picked this up today, but it keeps crashing daz studio using the newest version of studio 64 bit. The log file really doesn't say much, its getting frustrating

Contact me: krsears (at) trdc.biz so we can isolate your problem.

Kendall

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,343
    edited December 1969

I'm trying to re-install LAMH purchased pluging, but activation doesn't work. I'm using the same installation and activation codes like first time. The only difference is now I install the new DS4.6.0.18. I previously uninstall LAMH and erase folder of free player (i had the old manual placed version), installed DS4.6 and now only install LAMH, no free player.

edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    I'm trying to re-install LAMH purchased pluging, but activation doesn't work. I'm using the same installation and activation codes like first time. The only difference is now I install the new DS4.6.0.18. I previously uninstall LAMH and erase folder of free player (i had the old manual placed version), installed DS4.6 and now only install LAMH, no free player.

Hi, please send me the Serial Number and Installation Code displayed in the activation window and I will get you the data immediately.
    My email is: info_at_alessandromastronardi.com (replace _at_ with @).

We are currently improving the activation system and integrate the changes in a future update.

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,343
    edited December 1969

gilikshe said:

Hi, please send me the Serial Number and Installation Code displayed in the activation window and I will get you the data immediately.

We are currently improving the activation system and integrate the changes in a future update.

Send it

edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    gilikshe said:

Send it

Asnwered :)

• acocq_0801c2dc51acocq_0801c2dc51 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sorry, if I missed any info about this ... but

when is the update to LAMH coming out ?

Cheers,
    Andreas

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

...silly question, what does the Player actually do? Does it need the main plugin?

edited December 1969

Andreas_C said:
    Sorry, if I missed any info about this ... but

when is the update to LAMH coming out ?

Cheers,
    Andreas

Hey Andreas, we are currently beta-testing so it should not be too far now.