Problem with Haley for Young Teen

cole4965cole4965 Posts: 28
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I purchased Haley for Young Teen and loaded into Poser 9 and the textures are all wonky on model. I have loaded many Genesis products and no problem. Anyone run into that, Secondly, if you wish to contact vendor directly how do you do that?
Thanks!

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

I don't have Hayley (nor indeed Poser) but I read in another forum thread that she uses S5 UV-Set - do you have this?

• cole4965cole4965 Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

No... I am sure that is the problem then. Thanks!

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

cole4965 said:
    I purchased Haley for Young Teen and loaded into Poser 9 and the textures are all wonky on model. I have loaded many Genesis products and no problem. Anyone run into that, Secondly, if you wish to contact vendor directly how do you do that?
    Thanks!

Did you get an error on loading about a "Stephanie5.dsf" file? Haley and Hayden both require the Stephanie 5 model as they use her UV set. Without it, the textures will default to Victoria 4 or similar, and it will look out of place.
    edited March 2013

I am sure that is the problem. Thanks!!!

Post edited by cole4965 on
  • Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited March 2013

Unfortunately in the store it says Stephanie 5 is required for Hayden but not for Haley, which I'm sure is an error.

Post edited by Dr Stupid on
    edited March 2013

Thanks for response! I am sure you are right

Post edited by cole4965 on
  • edited December 1969

cole4965 said:
    Thanks for response! I am sure you are right

I had the same problem and this was indeed the issue. This thread was what set me on the path to solution, yay.
    Now to determine what hair was used in the promo shots...
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...I wish they wouldn't do things like that.

Not everyone has Steph5. I do and but find myself still using the Gen4 version through GenX far more as there are so many additional morphs and custom morph expansions available. S5 has none of the basic proportioning morphs like her Gen4 counterpart does, only three head/body shapes, and no morph expansions other than characters, which for me was a disappointment.

All the other YT5 characters that come with the Pro Bundle use the V4/M4 UV maps (which probably most people already have), not sure why the same wasn't the case with Hayley

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    S5 has none of the basic proportioning morphs like her Gen4 counterpart does, only three head/body shapes, and no morph expansions other than characters, which for me was a disappointment.

Perhaps a little off-topic, but in response to Kyoto Kid (and as a way of recommending these to everyone), AdamR001 has created Genesis versions of the S4 proportion morphs. They are available for free: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5484/ (not exact copies, but very close)

They work with any Genesis shape, and do not require S4, S5, or anything else in order to function. (Thanks again, Adam!)

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...I wish they wouldn't do things like that.

Not everyone has Steph5. I do and but find myself still using the Gen4 version through GenX far more as there are so many additional morphs and custom morph expansions available. S5 has none of the basic proportioning morphs like her Gen4 counterpart does, only three head/body shapes, and no morph expansions other than characters, which for me was a disappointment.

All the other YT5 characters that come with the Pro Bundle use the V4/M4 UV maps (which probably most people already have), not sure why the same wasn't the case with Hayley

I know what you mean. The only reason I ended up getting Steph 5 was for the UV sets, primarily to use Haley and Hayden but also to ensure compatibility with future products.

There seems to have been a trend of new character, new UV set. With Genesis I feel this is somewhat unnecessary, since there are already such a wide number of UV's available. It would have made more sense to me if more of the older UV maps were supported rather than new ones. It's seems clear it's being done with the intention to force prerequisites for future products to artificially boost sales, and I really hope this plan comes to a close as there shouldn't be a need for it.

Genesis has the advantage of being compatible with virtually any other Genesis item. The minute you start forcing prerequisite UV maps down our throats, it starts to lose that advantage.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited May 2013

..agree 100%. Genesis is supposed to be the most versatile character figure created. Having to actually purchase specific expansions like S5, V5, or even Hitomi (one expansion required her and it wasn't even an anime character) basically contradicts the whole notion of flexibility.

I can see the need for the legacy UV maps when one wishes to use say a Gen4 or Gen3 texture map with Genesis like Thorne's Sylfie or Fabiana's Druscilla Goth. I can even understand it for the new characters to a point as again, just about everyone already has the basic Gen3/Gen4 characters (many of which were offered for free at one time or another).

The one thing that I really do not understand is why there wasn't simply a Genesis Male/Female UV that the new generation characters could be based off of? That would make the most sense.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

If I needed only the head shape, and did not need the materials, can "Haley for Young Teen" ( http://www.daz3d.com/haley-for-young-teen ) be stand-alone?  Or must I have S5 and/or Young Teens 5 Julie even if I don't need the materials?