Possible to save scenes as old daz format?

cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
edited May 2013 in The Commons

Hi there, have a question. I still work with v4 and saving different scenes with different v4 characters I have a problem with because I use the wwg2 figure that is based on v4 (injected morphs base,++,elite) (old story) so, is it possible to save a scene created in ds4.5 as old daz format and not as duf?

Post edited by cosmo71 on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

What is it you're trying to accomplish?

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

cosmo71 said:
    Hi there, have a question. I still work with v4 and saving different scenes with different v4 characters I have a problem with because I use the wwg2 figure that is based on v4 (injected morphs base,++,elite) (old story) so, is it possible to save a scene created in ds4.5 as old daz format and not as duf?

I'm not sure why you would need to? You can certainly save V4 characters in your scenes as DUF; it doesn't require Genesis or anything. The only reason to save in .daz format is to load it back up in a pre-4.5 D|S as far as I know.

But no, one of the big red flags they put up VERY early on was that saving DAZ format files was fraught with danger and broken in various ways in the way 4.5 handled scenes, and so they were removing it entirely.

-- Morgan

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

...and .daz files have never been able to be opened in an earlier version than the one they were created in, so they can't be used for that, either.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited May 2013

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    cosmo71 said:

I'm not sure why you would need to? You can certainly save V4 characters in your scenes as DUF; it doesn't require Genesis or anything. The only reason to save in .daz format is to load it back up in a pre-4.5 D|S as far as I know.

But no, one of the big red flags they put up VERY early on was that saving DAZ format files was fraught with danger and broken in various ways in the way 4.5 handled scenes, and so they were removing it entirely.

-- Morgan

I use the wwg2 figure I have to inject v4 base morphs, morphs++ and elite to. When saving this figure in a scene the problem is I only can work with this character. If I create a new character based on the wwg2 (with the injected morphs of v4) and save this scene as a new scene the character in the former saved scene doesn`t work without errors until I inject the morphs new and save the scene again, but then the character in the second scene will not work correctly until I do the same again on this character. I only can work with one character, that is the problem with the duf files - lost morphs -. the explaination is that ds4.5 save scenes different than ds3 what has to do with genesis.

here is what I mean (answer to one of my older posts by Bejaymac) :

Sounds like the morph channels from the different V4 CR2’s are getting in each others way, in DS4 all Poser figures are converted to mimic how Genesis works, so when you save it, all of the morphs are saved out as morph assets into that figures “Morphs” folder in the “data/auto_adapted” folder, so while Genesis only has one set of morphs in it’s “Morphs” folder, a Poser figure can have two sets, one for all of the empty channels and the other for all of the full channel, and it sounds like DS is trying to load both sets.

Post edited by cosmo71 on