question on figure gender swap

TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi yas. I want to make a new character for a comic and he is pretty much a fem boy, a male who'd be mistaken for a flat chested, pretty girl. I want to be able to have this character use female clothes since this is a feminine character. Any advice on how this can be done?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

What figure do you wish to use? Genesis can be both, V4 has male morphs built in. M4 Enhanced has a female morph for M4. If you're using Gen 3, SP3 can be used as a morph target for D3 to add a female morph, same for A3/H3 or Laura/Luke.

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

Right now, Aiko3. I found something that might help me. I'll post the results once I am finished. :D

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

For generation 4 I'd go with V4 Male morphs and Vittorio - the rigging is what important, clothes-wise, and there are few dresses for M4. If you need boyish character in dress, I'd say go with V4-Vittorio.

edited December 1969

Here is what I have thus far.

Amanda2.jpg
    895 x 870 - 272K
    Amanda.jpg
    902 x 870 - 167K
  • edited May 2013

Have you seen this thread?

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3958/

I recommend one of the CDI morph packages. They are available for a variety of base characters and most have both a Breastflat and one or more BreastMale morphs.

http://www.daz3d.com/capsces-digital-ink

Kioki is based on A3

Morphia is based on V4

Rayne is based on V3

There are 4-5 outfits for each of these figures on the CDI site

http://www.capsces.com/capframe.htm Click on the artist's palette for links.

If you're using Poser, Lyrra Madril has magnet sets to transfer these morphs to other clothing.

http://www.daz3d.com/lyrra-madril

The biggest problem I have is with suspender straps. They tend to widen over the breasts when the magnets are used. I have a supplemental magnet for this purpose if you go this route.

Post edited by casswilde-2131714 on
    edited May 2013

Morphia and Morpheus are amazing but I never used their bodymorphs, can't say anything here.

TheCastellan, I'd say it is quite a female character - the only thing that looks slightly weird for me is a breast area. Size is ok, but the shape is too geometrically spherical, I think.

Just to show my experiments, here is a picture of V4 and M4, both morphed as women. Can you tell which one is which? ;)
    (I used crossdresser here too so clothes aren't indicator)

FemaleDetective.jpg
    748 x 954 - 219K
    V4M4_TaniaPartners.jpg
    597 x 954 - 196K
    Post edited by Kattey on
    edited May 2013

Kattey said:
    Morphia and Morpheus are amazing but I never used their bodymorphs, can't say anything here.

TheCastellan, I'd say it is quite a female character - the only thing that looks slightly weird for me is a breast area. Size is ok, but the shape is too geometrically spherical, I think.

Just to show my experiments, here is a picture of V4 and M4, both morphed as women. Can you tell which one is which? ;)

I used a morph that flattened Aiko's chest, narrowed the hips, and changed the shape of the legs. If you see the character naked, you'd easily tell it's a guy, though a slighty built one....I'd post a picture of him without his shirt, but I'd probably end up getting the standard lecture from the censorship fuss budgets on the site. :P What I am going for is pretty much a feminine face on a male body, very androgynous, like Andre Pejic, as seen here. http://juicy.tuxboard.com/andrej-pejic-pose-pour-les-soutiens-gorge-hema/andre-pejic-hema/ yes, that is a man you are looking at. ;3 That's what I am wanting to make, here.

EDIT: What is with this site? Each time I get in, it wants me to log in, despite the fact I got it remembering my name and password. o_O

Post edited by TheCastellan on
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:

I used a morph that flattened Aiko's chest, narrowed the hips, and changed the shape of the legs. If you see the character naked, you'd easily tell it's a guy, though a slighty built one....I'd post a picture of him without his shirt, but I'd probably end up getting the standard lecture from the censorship fuss budgets on the site. :P What I am going for is pretty much a feminine face on a male body, very androgynous, like Andre Pejic, as seen here. http://juicy.tuxboard.com/andrej-pejic-pose-pour-les-soutiens-gorge-hema/andre-pejic-hema/ yes, that is a man you are looking at. ;3 That's what I am wanting to make, here.
    Heh, in this case his prosthetic bra/breasts need more work to appear as a natural small breasts and not some cups he stuck under his shirt ;)

edited May 2013

Actually, I seen the photoshoot of this ad, it seems that push up bra actually worked, since whatever it seen is all him, not some falses stuck in there. Pretty ingenious ad strategy to use one of those on someone who has none and to make it work. :)

Makes me wonder why all the gorgeous ones seem to live outside the US. -_-;

anyhow, hard thing with most clothes, especially shirts, stockings and so on is that's it's tough to get them to work on the figure once the morph is applied. x_X;

Post edited by TheCastellan on
  • edited December 1969

Here's a link to a similar topic

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3958/

on the second page is my description of how I handle shoes.

edited December 1969

Actually, I seen the photoshoot of this ad, it seems that push up bra actually worked,

No, sorry, I meant that your character's bra needs some work, IMHO, not the live model himself ^^"
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    Actually, I seen the photoshoot of this ad, it seems that push up bra actually worked,

No, sorry, I meant that your character's bra needs some work, IMHO, not the live model himself ^^"

That's the problem with a lot of clothes I find for Aiko, can't truly change the shape of them. :/

edited December 1969

Kattey said:

That's the problem with a lot of clothes I find for Aiko, can't truly change the shape of them. :/
    If you'd had Hexagon it would be pretty easy to do from within DAZ Studio. You can also create custom smoothing with other modellers, but Hexagon and ZBrush both have direct bridges to and out of DS.

edited December 1969

If I had them. this pile of crap computer runs Daz3....and only just. Until I get that better computer I am having made, I'm stuck.

edited May 2013

If I had them. this pile of crap computer runs Daz3....and only just. Until I get that better computer I am having made, I'm stuck.

Oh, sorry to hear that. I'm not sure that DS3 has those bridges or they've came with DS4. What T-shirt is this? Maybe I have it and can make a morph for you...
    Post edited by Kattey on