is there a plugin or tutorial for animated textures for cararra 8??

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

im looking for a plugin & tutorial such like Animated Textures for Daz studio 3 but then for carrara 8 / 8 pro. i cant find it anywahere pls help

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713
    edited December 1969

Carrara already can use animated textures and backgrounds, no plugin needed!
    just open an avi, mov or sequenced image files (eg jpg, it will put up an open using window where you can choose sequenced jpg by clicking little arrow)
    in the texture room or scene backdrop
    you will have a start/finish slider you can position along the timeline under the texture, you can in the timeline keyframe start at beginning, finish at end and then click on the tweener and choose oscillate to make it loop a chosen number of times.

Untitled.jpg
    800 x 524 - 134K
  • edited December 1969

well thank u very much wendy im testing thinks out. speak u laters and thanks for fast respons. tc see ya:-)

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

Wendy is quite correct about loading pre-animated textures, but you can also animate procedural textures in Carrara directly. Set an initial texture, then move forward in the timeline and change some texture parameters - and it is done!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713
    edited December 1969

you can animate just about anything in Carrara if you wish!
    vertex animation (changing the shape of a model) requires selecting all or some mesh, creating a morph target, editing and validating it but that even can be done.
    only thing I have not been able to animate that I wish I could is brushing/restyling of hair and the replicators as in quantity and distribution.