Look at my Hair FREE PLAYER available in DAZ Store!

Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
edited April 2013 in Freebies

Hello folks, we are very happy to announce that the enhanced and free 1.05 Look at my Hair Player is now available through the DAZ Store at the following address: http://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models-and-content/look-at-my-hair-free-player

We hope you will enjoy it and note that there are many presets available for free at LAMH library: http://www.furrythings.com/presets/

And don't forget about RawArt's New LAMH Enhanced figure! http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/21232/

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on

Comments

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
    edited April 2013

thanks for giving us that player !

there's a little issue with .obj export

to get it going ( and not crash DS ) i had to create a

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\lookatmyhairAM\geometry

folder

( i renamed "My Documents" to "Documents" to match the LAMH-Player warning, but could probably leave it as

C:\Users\USERNAME\My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\lookatmyhairAM\geometry

Post edited by mCasual on
  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Casual said:
    thanks for giving us that player !

there's a little issue with .obj export

to get it going ( and not crash DS ) i had to create a

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\lookatmyhairAM\geometry

folder

( i renamed "My Documents" to "Documents" to match the LAMH-Player warning, but could probably leave it as

That is true, sorry about the issue, we are aiming at a fix in the incoming week.
    For the time being, please manually create the following folders so that will be filled with data as needed:

C:\Users\USERNAME\My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\lookatmyhairAM\maps
    C:\Users\USERNAME\My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\lookatmyhairAM\presets

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
    edited December 1969

. . . . .

Thanks ! i was able to export ( a reduced complexity ) version of "Short Side Hair by TheSpisis"
    and render it with Blender Cycles
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2877/P300/

edited December 1969

Casual said:
    . . . . .

Thanks ! i was able to export ( a reduced complexity ) version of "Short Side Hair by TheSpisis"
    and render it with Blender Cycles
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2877/P300/

Very good and nice render too! :)

• JennehJenneh Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I've always wanted to play with hair in Daz....this is awesome! :D
    Thank you for being kind enough to share it!

edited December 1969

Jenneh said:
    I've always wanted to play with hair in Daz....this is awesome! :D
    Thank you for being kind enough to share it!

You're welcome! :)

• edited December 1969

I also want to thank you Alessandro, for bringing LAMH and also the player. For me they are the most brilliant and creative tools ever designed for Studio! I'm having so much fun with those... :)

• blibertyblabblibertyblab Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

This morning, Norton360 refused to allow installation of the "look at my hair player" file I downloaded earlier this month citing it as an: Insight Network Security Threat. (Whatever that is). The threat file says they have been removing the file throughout the entire Norton community as of May 2nd. I tried to re-download the file but now Norton won't even allow the download. I have Norton360 on ALL of my computers. (And no, I am not going to disable it.) Help?!

The following is from the risk warning file generated by Norton:

Filename: 16151_ds4_lamhplayer_1.0.5.0_win64.exe
    Threat name: WS.Reputation.1

Threat type: Insight Network Threat. There are many indications that this file is untrustworthy and therefore not safe

Activity
    Actions performed: Actions performed: 1
    File Actions

File: c:\users\. . .( I removed my file info here). . .16151_ds4_lamhplayer_1.0.5.0_win64.exeRemoved
    On computers as of 5/2/2013 at 10:36:06 AM

File Thumbprint - SHA:
    54be7098371bbb47ce9b81d509fd1d1f67c4e7943e14efae1485a75d49f21794
    File Thumbprint - MD5:

Ouch.
    Does anyone have this file working on a system covered by Norton? If so, how?
    I really hope everything gets resolved because I think I'm going to like this program once I can get it past Norton's Security.

• scathascatha Posts: 756
    edited May 2013

Install Avast or another free anti-virus and get rid of the resource hog and pain-in-the-arse called Norton, just like everyone else does?

Norton is known to cause windows hang-ups, false positives (stating something is a virus that isn't) and uses far too much ram.

Post edited by scatha on
    edited December 1969

This morning, Norton360 refused to allow installation of the "look at my hair player" file I downloaded earlier this month citing it as an: Insight Network Security Threat. (Whatever that is). The threat file says they have been removing the file throughout the entire Norton community as of May 2nd. I tried to re-download the file but now Norton won't even allow the download. I have Norton360 on ALL of my computers. (And no, I am not going to disable it.) Help?!

The following is from the risk warning file generated by Norton:

Filename: 16151_ds4_lamhplayer_1.0.5.0_win64.exe
    Threat name: WS.Reputation.1

Threat type: Insight Network Threat. There are many indications that this file is untrustworthy and therefore not safe

Activity
    Actions performed: Actions performed: 1
    File Actions

File: c:\users\. . .( I removed my file info here). . .16151_ds4_lamhplayer_1.0.5.0_win64.exeRemoved
    On computers as of 5/2/2013 at 10:36:06 AM

File Thumbprint - SHA:
    54be7098371bbb47ce9b81d509fd1d1f67c4e7943e14efae1485a75d49f21794
    File Thumbprint - MD5:

Ouch.
    Does anyone have this file working on a system covered by Norton? If so, how?
    I really hope everything gets resolved because I think I'm going to like this program once I can get it past Norton's Security.

Hi, usually with AV's you can define an exclusion rule, so that a certain .exe, known as a false positive, can be run.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,490
    edited December 1969

I have had thtat problem with Norton... basically they take any "new" file that is unrated and mark it as dangerous. Norton frequently will do this for new files from Daz too. If the first time Norton does this, I hae two options: I disable norton for a minute long enough to download and install, and re-enable, or I wait for the popup notice from norton, click it, and rate as SAFE. This is the best to do, because it sends feedback to Norton that the file is okay, and if a few people do that it wont be listed as dangerous anymore. Frankly, I hate Norton's system and the way all new things are "dangerous" simply because they haven't been used much yet. Norton system is indiscriminate, and does this to my daz files, my rdna files, gimp files, anything really. Hope you manage to over come it (google your Norton version and "reinstating file that Norton removes" to figure out how to get that file back, its different for diff versions of Norton).

you don't want to miss out on LAMH freebies and presets, for sure! :D