Surface Problem, hard to explain, see attached pic

Scotty ZScotty Z Posts: 44
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Ok, so I'm trying to be a good little trooper and get with the D/S 4 program but seem to be constantly having problems. Most of them I don't write about here, I either come up with a work around, or change my idea of what "right" is, but this time I'm really scratching my head.

In making the feet fit properly in the shoes in the picture below I've had to tweak the toes a bit. But it seems that the toenail is disappearing into the toe! I'm not even sure how that's possible but I see it happening.

Foot on left has toes turned upward a bit so as not to be embedded in shoe. I made toenails black for ease of viewing the effect. Notice the toenail on the big toe. Looks almost like toenail was painted and is now chipping off, but if you watch the toe while twiddling the dial you can see it going into the toe.

Foot on right is normal as long as you define normal as toes embedded in shoe.

All of this is with the ToeBigUp-Down, and ToesSmallUp-Down. When trying to use the regular "Bend" that affects all toes a satisfactory position can not be attained without toes poking through some part of the shoe.

And for what it's worth this is v4 and the shoes are PVC-GearD_Shoes (I think by Bat Lab, but I could be wrong).

Anyway, I'm not sure I'm even looking for an answer, because it's hard to imagine what could be done about it, but if you have any ideas I'll give them a try.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Does this happen in preview, software render, or both?

• Scotty ZScotty Z Posts: 44
    edited May 2013

Both.

Edit: Hmm, I'd rather hoped that answering that question would lead to some insight.

Post edited by Scotty Z on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738
    edited December 1969

I'm not seeing that, does it happen with just the morphs or is it a combination of poses and morphs that triggers it?

• Scotty ZScotty Z Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

It must have something to do with the morphs as v4 is in the standard "loading" pose. I tried a new v4 (it's a special v4 cr2 that I made in poser to have some extra functionality) along with the morphs++ and elite morphs injected as well and I'm not getting the same result so it has to be from the character I applied and other misc dial twiddling that I did,

What I find extraordinary is that if I swing the camera around to the side of the foot looking forward to the toes I can actually see the toenails are not attached to the figure. Crazy stuff. I suppose I'll either have to fix it later in photoshop of use some stunt feet for any render that would expose the issue.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

...so it has to be from the character I applied and other misc dial twiddling that I did....

You didn't mention either of these before, which is important in troubleshooting. From your previous posts one reading them would assume you had a fresh v4 unmodified that was causing this.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    ...so it has to be from the character I applied and other misc dial twiddling that I did....

You didn't mention either of these before, which is important in troubleshooting. From your previous posts one reading them would assume you had a fresh v4 unmodified that was causing this.

not if you've seen this before, no assumption needed, the screenshot said it all.

edited December 1969

Ok, maybe you have some wonderful insight into what character morph he might have applied or what settings he might have changed that could have contributed to this, but I see nothing to give me that insight.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    Ok, maybe you have some wonderful insight into what character morph he might have applied or what settings he might have changed that could have contributed to this, but I see nothing to give me that insight.

It's not insight, it's familiarity with the situation. Two injection morphs have incompatible geometry modifications with one another, the solution is turn one off. But I think you're being a little hard on someone who asked for help for something they were having trouble with and otherwise had a very informative post, and IMHO all that will do is make someone reluctant to come back here.

edited May 2013

It wasn't a matter of being hard on him. If someone wants to get help, they need to give all relevant information. It may be that they didn't realize their information wasn't fully articulated but not telling them that is not doing them a favor. I don't think how I stated it was harsh, demeaning or anything that could be construed as negative, it was just factual. As to 'familiarity with the situation' is his request for help to be restricted only to people who have already run into this? If so, that could cut out anyone who might have an answer. I'm not trying to be harsh. I'm simply trying to help people understand what is necessary if they wish to get help when they run into problems.

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
    edited December 1969

I really wasn't trying to be rude btw. I have taken the time to recreate a situation at times just so I could try to figure out and help someone with a problem they are having, as I'm sure others have by their responses. We can only do that if we have complete information. That is all I was really trying to say.