Semicharm's Splendiferous Symposium of Superfluous odditieS [updated 12~26~16]

SemicharmSemicharm Posts: 373
edited December 2016 in Freebies

Behold the sights...behold the wonders... Step right up to
Semicharm's Splendiferous Symposium of Superfluous oddities
a showcase of rarities and oddities unlike you've ever seen!

(well, you might have seen a few in the old Daz forum...)

Here, I'll showcase my current project, and, in the following posts, I'll list some of my other projects in the works and proposed projects that I want to work on when I finally manage to clear out some of my backlog.

Night Slayer: Santa Baby
Turn EvilInnocence's innocent Candy Cane Elf outfit into a jumpsuit or top that can be paired with his other Night Slayers. Works with all versions of the outfit.

12~26~2016
Looks like I have some cobwebs to clean out. Finally got my Chrstmas freebie done...late as usual. LOL

Post edited by Semicharm on

Comments

• SemicharmSemicharm Posts: 373
    edited December 2016

Here's some of my other projects currently in the queue. Note: this list may change as some projects may be given priority over others.

[Updates Pending]

edited December 1969

snagged....

edited April 2013

While working on these, I never got around to doing any updated renders. So, here's a few.

The first one is from G2 Teens. The render includes one of the Color Change shaders for the t-shirt that comes with Olivia and a set of morphs that add the Ultimate Body Morphs to the clothes that come with Jessi or Sydney.

G2UpdateTest1a.jpg
    700 x 700 - 99K
    edited December 1969

Next up is for Little Miki 2. It includes my textures and the dress outfit from the Mamomamo collection.

Lil_Miki2_Update1a.jpg
    400 x 700 - 21K
    edited December 1969

And finally, a debut render of Maeko for Miki 3.

Maeko-Test1.jpg
    700 x 700 - 23K
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Wow - these look fabulous!!

• English BobEnglish Bob Posts: 113
    edited December 1969

Watching with interest - I remember the Little Miki character. Now I'm wondering if the process would work in reverse, to make them older? :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Are these going to be freebies?

edited December 1969

Wow - these look fabulous!!

Thanks!

Watching with interest - I remember the Little Miki character. Now I'm wondering if the process would work in reverse, to make them older? :)

Do you mean older than these child characters, or older than the base figure itself? There are ways of making these characters older, one I've used a few times is to load the base figure and morphs, skip ahead on the animation timeline and apply the child character. Then, you can just move along the timeline to dial-in any age in between.

If you want to go even older, the popular morph sets out there could accomplish that. I've seen others out there specifically for aged characters, such as the Maturing V4 Morph Pack by Tempest or Elder Grandmother Huian and Weici by cyllan.

Are these going to be freebies?

Of course, it's the Freepozitory after all. Some of these are updates for freebies I've already released, and others will be new. The only thing that I cannot offer as a freebie is the skin textures for Little One, as they're based on one of 3Dreams resource kits.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,783
    edited December 1969

Here's a render I did of Little Miki a while back...

LittleMikiScene.jpg
    484 x 600 - 64K
  • English BobEnglish Bob Posts: 113
    edited December 1969

semicharm said:
    Do you mean older than these child characters, or older than the base figure itself?
    [...]
    Elder Grandmother Huian and Weici by cyllan.

Thanks for taking my question seriously, I was just musing aloud. I must remember to stop doing that in public. :)

I meant older than the base figures, although not as old as Huian and Weici - I have them somewhere. I have the Fountain of Youth morphs for V4, and had heard that you could dial them in reverse to make the character older, although I have yet to try it for myself. I was just wondering if these would work the same way, but of course the answer is to wait patiently and then see for myself! ;)

edited December 1969

semicharm said:
    Do you mean older than these child characters, or older than the base figure itself?
    [...]
    Elder Grandmother Huian and Weici by cyllan.

Thanks for taking my question seriously, I was just musing aloud. I must remember to stop doing that in public. :)

I meant older than the base figures, although not as old as Huian and Weici - I have them somewhere. I have the Fountain of Youth morphs for V4, and had heard that you could dial them in reverse to make the character older, although I have yet to try it for myself. I was just wondering if these would work the same way, but of course the answer is to wait patiently and then see for myself! ;)

No problem Bob. :coolsmile: What I meant was that these characters have almost no custom morphs, as I rarely bother to handcraft morphs myself. They mostly use the figure's base morphs, or an off-the-self morph set. Either way, the range of morphs available are definitely capable of doing older characters. In fact, if I were a sane person, that's what I would be doing, as I find going younger is much harder than going older. That's why I do younger characters, purely for the challenge. That, and there isn't that many young characters out there.

edited December 1969

Been a bit under the weather lately. Still making progress though. Here's the promos for the first release, Dressy Purple for Dressy by Karth. It's my first real attempt at doing a promo collage.

Dressy_Purple_Promo2.jpg
    875 x 700 - 93K
    Dressy_Purple_Promo1.jpg
    700 x 700 - 135K
    edited December 1969

Just recently found out that the Dressy outfit is no longer available in Renderosity freebies were I got it. I tried contacting Karth there if to see if it's available elsewhere, but haven't heard back. Does anyone know of a better way to contact her? After all this, I going to release my texture regardless, but it would be nice for those who didn't already have the outfit to be able to enjoy them.

In the meantime, I'm working on the next release, a texture set to turn the swimsuit into a strapped blouse. Still waiting on the new render, which I hope to post soon. :)

edited December 1969

I sent her a message though other channels, so hopefully she'll see it soon and post...:)

I did a search for the outfit and don't see that it's available anywhere at this time.

edited December 1969

Well, while that's getting sorted out here's a promo for the next one, Purple Paradise for Sun by 3Dream.

SunRender01comp.jpg
    700 x 700 - 65K
  • KarthKarth Posts: 709
    edited December 1969

Hi

i have reupload the Dress for a little time so that everyone who is interested can download.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/68927/view/11/Poser/LittleOne-Dressy

Textures are looking good Semi !

Thanks Alisa for email...i was not often online this week.

edited December 1969

Thank you, Karth!!

{{HUGS}}

Semicharm - looks nice! :)

edited December 1969

Thanks Karth! I'll hopefully get those textures posted tonight.

edited May 2013

Finally! My first texture for LittleOnes released on ShareCG. Dressy Purple is an embroidered blouse and skirt texture set for Karth's Dressy, both available on ShareCG.

edited December 1969

semicharm said:
    Finally! My first texture for LittleOnes released on ShareCG. Dressy Purple is an embroidered blouse and skirt texture set for Karth's Dressy, both available on ShareCG.

Thanks so much!

edited December 1969

Finally got the chance to work on Purple Paradise again. The script for translating mats from DS to Poser doesn’t get the displacement and specular settings right, so I had to go back to rebuilding the Poser mats from scratch. Just have to wrap up a few things and it’ll be done.

edited May 2013

Purple Paradise is now up on ShareCG and DeviantArt.

I found some other textures for various cuts and styles I was working on for the Sun swimsuit. If they turn out ok, I'll post those as well. :-)

edited December 1969

semicharm said:
    Purple Paradise is now up on ShareCG and DeviantArt.

I found some other textures for various cuts and styles I was working on for the for the Sun swimsuit. If they turn out ok, I'll post those as well. :-)

Thanks!

edited December 1969

In what free time I've had lately, I've been sort of bouncing around from project to protect. Still making progress all the same.

Here's a small preview, my latest attempt at getting Little Miki 2 working in DS4.5. Miki 2, the base figure, works just fine. It's the PMD injections from the Ultimate Morphs sets that's the problem. Since the old PMD plugin was never updated, and seems to have been abandoned, I'm investigating a few workarounds. This one used a secondary CR2 file to load the PMDs on the original figure and setup the morph channels. The upside is that this works in DS3 as well as Poser. The downside is that the initial setup is a PITA. However, actually using them would only require a simple ReadScript command to load the support file I made for each PMD.

{
    version
    {
     number 6
    }
    readScript ":runtime:libraries:character:Miki2:Miki2.crz"
    readScript ":runtime:libraries:morphs:Miki2:Ultimate Morphs:Miki2_UBM_INJ.p2z"
    readScript ":runtime:libraries:morphs:Miki2:Ultimate Morphs:Miki2_UHM_INJ.p2z"
    }
    LM2DS4.5_test_.jpg
    800 x 800 - 65K
    edited December 1969

Still jumping around a bit from project to project. In the last few weeks, I've been working on my texture sets and characters for Little One, DS4.5 compatibility for Miki2 and my Little Miki2 character, Maeko and some clothing conversions for Miki3, and a character project for Antonia.

It took more work that I thought, but I'll be releasing more of my textures for Little One. The Summer Sun product currently includes textures for a two piece swimmers set and a tanktop in bright youthful colors for the Sun swimsuit to match my characters. I'm thinking of expanding the set to the Bikini set as well.

I hope I have a final morph for Little Miki2 that should address the majority of the issues I had with the past versions. There's less distortions and pokethru issues on the chest, however it required tweaking the joint parameters a bit. I made a pose to apply the new settings to clothing that should work, though I'm still testing this. I think the figure itself could use some other joint parameter tweaks as well, but I'm not willing to deal with the clothing compatibility issues that would create.

I also hope that Maeko is close being done. One of the issues I came across is that Miki3 don't have much footwear, let alone anything suitable for her age. I finally got around to testing out CrossDresser4 to convert some of Miki2's kicks and I'm very pleased with the results. So far I have conversions for Sensible Shoes and Canvas Sneakers. I can do others on request.

In dusting off my old projects, I came across some characters for Antonia and decided to take another try at them. I'm mostly satisfied with the results this time. They used
    drapak12's and DieTrying's free morph sets, so these characters will be 100% freebies all around. I'll have to see what other wardrobe I have for them and try to post some renders.

edited June 2013

It's late and I don't have time to do a proper render, but here's some rough previews. The first is of Maeko with my Miki3 shoe conversions. The second is of Little Miki 2 and the updated joint. She can now bend forward without distortion or pokethru.

Maeko-Shoe_test1.jpg
    550 x 664 - 27K
    LM2D4.5Test2_.jpg
    693 x 691 - 35K
    edited December 1969

Cool! Looks like you're really working hard on a lot of projects all at once :)

edited July 2013

It's been a month and a half since my last update, but I've been busy with a number of projects. So far, Miki2 and JessiG2 along with their Ultimate Morph sets are working in DS4.6. I still really need to work out the neck seam issue though. My attempts at creating a patch didn't work. There was a patch script on the old forms, but I don't know who made it or where to find it anymore. I do have another option, but it requires manually editing the cr2 file.

I'm not totally pleased with the morph setup either. Sure, it works fine in DS3-4.6, and Poser as well. The problem is that DS4.x, my current platform of choice, still can't import additional morphs without creating support files first, and those morphs can't be added to a figure already in the scene. A whole new figure has to be added to replace the current one--not an idea solution. Short of having a working pmd pose plugin or converting the morphs to the new DS morph format, there isn't much choice.

What do you guys think? Should I keep the current one-size-fits-all, but less than idea, solution, or convert the morphs to the DS format and leave everyone with the existing pmd support?

In the meantime, I've also been working on my projects for Little One. I've put in a lot of hours on the Summer Sun texture project. It's sort of gotten away from me.:D What started as a two-piece swim set conversion of the SunSuit now has both one and two piece sets with nine styles and six colors. Then it expanded to six other items as well, with many styles and matching colors. Below is a small sample of what's included.

The "Little Ones" set has also been expanded. The set originally had just girls of three ages, but I'd eventually replaced the older college-aged girl with a more mature mother character. I still liked the college girl, so I updated her to match the current set. There also was a young boy of similar age as the youngest girl, but I had trouble finding anything suitable for him. That's changed with my new summer lineup, so I've not only brought him back but have three more guys of various ages to match the girls. To fit everyone in, I'm changing the name to "Little Family". I just finished a test render of the new set.

Littles_Test1.png.png
    700 x 325 - 265K
    SummerTest2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 151K
    edited December 1969

Just got through over a hundred mat poses for SummerSun. Many more to go!

Luckily, with just a bit of creativity, I can get Notepad++ to do most of the work for me.