Flash Sale alerts

araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
edited May 2013 in The Commons

Edited to change thread title, critters by Nikkelah Ghaz still cute.

Post edited by araneldon on

Comments

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

araneldon said:
    Also some new cute critters by Nikkelah Ghaz

Thanks!
  • galactica1981galactica1981 Posts: 1,250
    edited December 1969

I think it's already over!

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Flashest Flash sale ever. I wonder if they jumped the gun on that and it was meant for tomorrow?

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

iz why it's called a Flash sale.

sorta like showbiz - here today, gone later today.

edited December 1969

Yep. But there are Flash Sales and then there are Flash Sales. The one on 26FAHRENHEIT's Store has been going on for two days now. :)
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Yep. But there are Flash Sales and then there are Flash Sales. The one on 26FAHRENHEIT's Store has been going on for two days now. :)

hmm. i dunno if 2 days can constitute a Flash sale? unless it's a Flashback sale, extra qualifier.

a flash is like, you only see the glow of it's passing, there's no opportunity to actually catch something like a flash, hence the superpower known as Flash

• GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    The one on 26FAHRENHEIT's Store has been going on for two days now. :)

The banner for 3D Universe's 60% off Flash Sale said, "4 hours only"

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
    edited December 1969

Mr Leong said:
    tjohn said:
    The one on 26FAHRENHEIT's Store has been going on for two days now. :)

The banner for 3D Universe's 60% off Flash Sale said, "4 hours only"
    Then I guess since the time span for the 26FAHRENHEIT store Flash Sale is not given, it could conceivably approach infinity? ;-)

edited December 1969

My point is, really, that I wish Flash Sales would last longer, because a 4+ hour gap in my browsing the DAZ Shop is an everyday occurrence.
    Unfortunately many of us will miss some nice sale opportunities.

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    My point is, really, that I wish Flash Sales would last longer, because a 4+ hour gap in my browsing the DAZ Shop is an everyday occurrence.

Especially those of us in other time zones. I'm sure I've been sleeping through a few :(

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,704
    edited December 1969

4 stores (Predatron. 3D Universe, Silver, Raiya) on Flash again this morning, ended at 6.00 UTC I think, not sure when it began.

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

And I've worked through most.

It's ridiculous really. Not like many of us can just browse the DAZ store anytime we feel like it.

tjohn said:

Especially those of us in other time zones. I'm sure I've been sleeping through a few :(

edited December 1969

what kind of flash sales percents are we missing? > 50?

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

My credit card is very happy because I could not get online during weekend and thus missed all these cool flash sales. Especially 3D universe´s sale could do real harm to my credit card, so my CC now sings merrily and does a happy dance... That´s why I cannot be really mad for missing the sales.

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited May 2013

what kind of flash sales percents are we missing? > 50?

The ones I saw were sixty.
    Post edited by araneldon on
    edited December 1969

Ohhhhh, okay, now it hurts to miss it. sixty are my favorite sales

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    edited December 1969

Has there been a Stonemason sale? I need some City Ruins!! :P I'm prepared to lose sleep!!

edited December 1969

Another one, SickleYield

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,858
    edited December 1969

The flash sales are not making any sense at all. They are of different durations. I posted in my art studio thread about forbidden whispers store being 60% off- then the flash sale started later (about 30 minutes later) So things might not even be synchronized. (As a webmaster, trust me, it's not difficult to upload pages within minutes or a minute of each other, plus a banner.)

I pounced on all the stores and bought up what I wanted for the most part- with this internet sales tax thing possibly looming, I don't intend to add 6.5% (Florida) to my purchases if I can get them now at a discount.

edited December 1969

How do you find the Flash sales?

i've missed every single one of them.

Budget is tight this month, my content is starting to lag.

do the Ferengi have rules of content acquisition? :)

edited December 1969

How do you find the Flash sales?

i've missed every single one of them.

Budget is tight this month, my content is starting to lag.

do the Ferengi have rules of content acquisition? :)

Watch the scrolling images at the top of the New Releases page.
    edited May 2013

Here's a small (free) Windows app that can keep track of changes to the sales ads. Just set the check interval, click Start and click the Minimize button in the upper right corner, it will then close to the tray (it can be opened anytime by clicking the "SW" icon). If some of the ads have changed whenever it checks, if will pop up and play a sound. New ads will have a border around them, it should stay until next time something changes. The borders can be reset by clicking Start again if you want. Left click on an ad to get the context menu, from here you can open the page it links to in a new browser window.

There is a test feature: click Start while pressing the Shift button. Then click the minimize button to send it to the tray. It should now pop up after 30 seconds, simulating that some ads have changed (showing the border around them). Click Start again to reset the borders.

If you change the check interval while it's running, you must click the Start button if you want it to take effect immediately.

It only downloads a small amount of data (only the HTML code for the page) each time it checks. The images are downloaded once, when they are updated ( = new item).

I actually haven't tested it for real yet, only the simulation, as there hasn't been any changes to the ads yet, but it should work as far as I can tell (and if DAZ doesn't do something that breaks it). Let me know if there are any problems.

BTW, I sort of stole the idea from Cypherfox, hope he doesn't get mad at me... :-)

http://taosoft.dk/software/freeware/sw-daz/sw-daz-0501.zip

saleswatcherdaz.jpg
    574 x 804 - 154K
    Post edited by Taoz on
    edited December 1969

Fixed bug with image links pointing to the wrong pages:

http://taosoft.dk/software/freeware/sw-daz/sw-daz-0502.zip

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,038
    edited May 2013

Can we change the thread title to just flash sale again? Since we are discussing flash sales in general lol.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,018
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:

Today I'm seeing the Wicked Footwear show up twice in the ads in this tool, and Highland Lad isn't showing up at all. I tried Refresh, but that didn't help. I tried waiting 15 minutes, but that didn't help. Did DAZ change something to break it already?
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Can we change the thread title to just flash sale again? Since we are discussing flash sales in general lol.

Done.
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

araneldon said:
    Zev0 said:

Done.
    Thx! :)
    edited May 2013

barbult said:
    Taozen said:

Today I'm seeing the Wicked Footwear show up twice in the ads in this tool, and Highland Lad isn't showing up at all. I tried Refresh, but that didn't help. I tried waiting 15 minutes, but that didn't help. Did DAZ change something to break it already?

Looks like it. The links normally look like this:

However, with the missing one it looks like this:

Don't know if this is something new or just some alternative reference they use sometimes. In any case it's difficult to do anything about. I could skip the links and just show the pics, that should work I guess.

The first item in the slideshow code always appears to be repeated at the end of the list also for some reason, that's why it's showing up twice. It can be filtered out, but it doesn't do any harm, so it has low priority.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited May 2013

Nightshift3D's store just showed up!! Four hours only!!

Post edited by Miss B on
This discussion has been closed.