Toe Control For Genesis - Now Available (Commercial)

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045

Hi Guys. I have been working hard on this and have just completed Toe Control for Genesis. As most of you know each toe cannot be controlled seperately. I have designed movement morphs to change that. It was difficult at first because there are no toe bones to work with, and the morphs had to be made in a way that it works on multiple shapes, but in the end it turned out the way I wanted it to. The seperate toe morphs are controlled by master controllers. EG dial it up, and the bend up morph loads, dial down and the bend down morph loads.

Each toe will have up, down, left, right, straight and curl morphs so you have full flexibility and can create realistic or crazy looks. You can also control the length of each toe as well. Here is a preview pic. Enjoy:)

Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• ZetharaZethara Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

:D That is really neat! LIFE for the toes!

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited May 2013

Love it.

It's great to see you're covering yet another area of morphing that hasn't yet been done with genesis. Great work man! :cheese:

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So need toes, ever try to Bow drill a Fire with just one movable toe? Not pretty, not pretty at all.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Now that is interesting! Looks like this pack will suit the primitives project perfectly :)

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited May 2013

I like soul eater's Medusa toes, I always want separates toes for genesis to do my own like Medusa girl. I purchased a set with toes shapes for genesis...but it isn't enough versatile. Your work look very attractive and useful zev0.

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2010/249/7/a/medusa__s_wiggling_toes_by_match25-d2y73xs.png
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jfkCNdS422M/UIQ0ugYcu6I/AAAAAAAAAXA/S74lFHUf660/s1600/Bild+98.png
    http://hofit-mil.deviantart.com/art/Sole-Eater-s-Medusa-260595795

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited May 2013

Thanks Gilikshe. Here I did a quick attempt at one of your examples. So I am sure you can do those type of poses. There are limits on the Genesis mesh and what you can and cannot do (limited by poly count) but I made these morphs as flexible and universal as possible:)

1.jpg
    600 x 720 - 87K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • the3dwizardthe3dwizard Posts: 495
    edited December 1969

I pick up stuff with my toes, can Genesis do that now? :)

Morphs look fun!

Cheers!

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

I so need this! Totally into toes although that's TMI :cheese:

• sfaa69sfaa69 Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

This reminds me of the old Spike Jones bit where he pretended to play the piano with his feet!

edited December 1969

Here is one of the promo's

popup_2.jpg
    1300 x 693 - 375K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Oh yea, love this. Instant buy!

edited December 1969

This little piggy went to market, this little piggy went Wee wee wee right into my renders...

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited May 2013

Looks good.
    How do they work with morphs such as the three toe morph? I'm thinking of things such as Dariofish's HFS morphs.
    Thanks

Post edited by scorpio on
    edited May 2013

These were not designed for 3 or 2 toe Characters. You see, the problem is Genesis has no bones in the toes and the movement relies on the morphs. So if a vendor makes a new character and totally redesigns the foot, I have no idea how the morphs will react since they were designed on the default shape where 5 toes are present. I will test this on a 3 toe character and tell you what happens. But it all depends how and what that vendor did to the foot. If they distorted the polygons at sections where the toe morphs occur then I have no idea how it will react.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    These were not designed for 3 or 2 toe Characters. You see, the problem is Genesis has no bones in the toes and the movement relies on the morphs. So if a vendor makes a new character and totally redesigns the foot, I have no idea how the morphs will react since they were designed on the default shape where 5 toes are present. I will test this on a 3 toe character and tell you what happens. But it all depends how and what that vendor did to the foot. If they distorted the polygons at sections where the toe morphs occur then I have no idea how it will react.
    LURKING, want to see the hilarity that ensues.
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

about time Genesis got a foot job...nicely done Zev0...again. ;)

edited May 2013

I just did a test on the 3 Toe morph. Immediately I saw the toes were distorted and had mis-alligned the toe nails but that was because they never had to take toe movement into consideration and worked perfectly for their shape needs. This means when a movement morph is applied the results are not that great. But there still is a certain level of usability, but the results aren't perfect. Also when you apply a texture, most of the issues are masked:)

2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 46K
    1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 47K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • FuselingFuseling Posts: 242
    edited December 1969

That's amazing! :) You're amazing! Good job!

edited May 2013

Lol thanks Fuseling. Dont think I'm amazing lol..just doing what I can:) Here is another promo showing how they can be used with two feet together.

promo2.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 311K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

fuseling said:
    That's amazing! :) You're amazing! Good job!
    yeah we try not to tell PA's that they are amazing as it could have an effect on the space time continuim for which the earth would shink to the size of a pea. We do tell then they are doing a good job but never more that that. :)
  • creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Great,

but hoped that you rigged the toe's in genesis.
    still prefer complete genesis toe rig over morphs.
    why can't daz solve this problem?

edited May 2013

You are not allowed to Add Bones to Genesis. That means If I did, the entire base rig would be different and every other products wouldn't work properly because they were designed for the old rigged Skeleton. There are rules to Genesis and making content. This was the simplest method there was.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Thanks Gilikshe. Here I did a quick attempt at one of your examples. So I am sure you can do those type of poses. There are limits on the Genesis mesh and what you can and cannot do (limited by poly count) but I made these morphs as flexible and universal as possible:)

Yes! this look excellent. This is the pose!

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,754
    edited December 1969

What can I say. You've really hit the toe-nail on the head with these new digital digits, for which I can only express toe-tal gratitude from the bottom of my sole. I'll be waiting impatiently, as usual, for the product to come out, with my little piggies-bank at the ready.

(checks watch)
    Are they out yet? No...?

How about now? No?

Sigh...

This toe-tally sucks...

edited December 1969

Not here yet? Sigh...

No luck Toeday, maybe next Toesday...

edited December 1969

Lol I haven't been given a release date yet, but it will be this month:)

edited December 1969

Later this month? What am I supposed to do without toes till then? I mean I got my toes but I need these toes. Umm.. I don't need these toes I got my toes but I need these toes for Genesis. ARGH!! You know what I mean! Just sell me these toes already.

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Lol I haven't been given a release date yet, but it will be this month:)

Man, that's toe-tally gnarly! I want my gnarly toes now!

(Cries wee wee wee all the way home.)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,003
    edited December 1969

Looking forward to this. Be sure to include a promo shot with the product with toe reaction to foot-tickling. :lol:

edited December 1969

It's Toes-Day, are they here yet?

No? Obviously there must be a sinister plot afoot.
    Sigh.

(Hangs up stocking and waits for Santoe Claus)