Rigging issue when using Figure Setup Tools

GeorgehazeGeorgehaze Posts: 152
edited May 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

I'm either doing something wrong or Poser hates me....

I'm in the process of building an "item" that requires an articulating hinge joint, which I've built in DS using the Figure Setup Tools.

Everything looks fine.... in DS, but when I try to use the file in Poser....

Specifically, the hinge joint is attached to a framework of an aircraft canopy and the glass is parented to the frame.

Once I set the proper XYZ, etc, the controller works perfectly in DS as the frame moves upa and down as planned. But, in Poser, the frame stays put and the glass moves!

What am I doing wrong?

Post edited by Georgehaze on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

Do the group names in the OBJ match the bone names?

• GeorgehazeGeorgehaze Posts: 152
    edited December 1969

Yes.

I'm considering merging the frame and glass as a single obj file to see if this corrects the problem.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Yes.

I'm considering merging the frame and glass as a single obj file to see if this corrects the problem.

I would recommend doing just that. If they are a single piece in the OBJ then there should be no issue. None that I have encountered anyways.

edited December 1969

OK. Tried that..... It didn't work.

This time, although it worked fine in DS, in Poser nothing would move at all.

Poser hates me.

edited December 1969

Eureka!!!

Solved it (albeit by a counter intuitive method)...

Since Poser is determined to make the frame stay still but move everything else, I redid the CR2 build....

I used a cube primitive (to limit polygon count), reduced it to almost microscopic size and set that as the "hinge point" and then parented the frame and glass as child bones to the hinge, reasoning that whether or not a microscopic hinge point is 'seen' to move or not would be irrelevant since it is buried within the frame obj.

As I said, makes no since at all but, since Poser is determined to treat my CR2 this way I figured that I'd play along and... viola! It works.

Project back on track.