Only one thing to say. WOW

http://poser.smithmicro.com/poser10-poserpro2014/

Bill

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

You beat me to it ... yes, wow!

• edited December 1969

Yup. That's the software I think I'm going to save up for.

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Yes it really wowed me to, that realtime toon shader was insane !!!

• randym77randym77 Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

And soft body and hard body dynamics! I can hardly wait.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

some ...... move my thread

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

Cloth fitting to any figure and the improved morph brush made me drool a little. Real time wind sym was also very cool. DAZ better get on the ball! lol The human meshes look really nice. Wonder if it's Les' creations as he kinda stopped talking about them over at RDNA. forum thread?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Well that ups the ante doesn't it.

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited December 1969

Looks like lots of exciting features - I WANT IT NOW!!

• edited December 1969

It looks like Tyler and Miki are going to get a LARGE wardrobe ;)

Bill

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,873
    edited December 1969

I have to admit I am very impressed with SM so far from what I see. Its good to see that they are not just pushing out another minor upgrade and calling it new. The integration of OpenSubDiv and bullet physics its a really nice touch. It may be worth investing in so I can take advantage of some of the new tools.

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

I think the new uni mesh will be the answer to genesis plus the new fitting room feature.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    edited December 1969

hard for me to get excited. i was an early adopter of Poser 2012 and haven't enjoyed it much, mainly due to the crappy, slow loading library palette which doesn't appear to be any different using Adobe Air still. I also don't care for the node based material room, which makes very little sense to me thru 5 versions of poser. I got Reality 3 thinking it might get be back into Poser 2012, but so far, it has been utter frustration, so i am back using DS4.5/Reality which works for me and my workflow. Will see how this one plays out since it has some great new features.

• edited December 1969

%&^#%$#&^%$#!

(shakes crystal ball)
    I don't know WHY it never seems to be working these days... ;)

If I'd known it was coming out right now, I guarantee that I wouldn't have bought 9. That's the only thing I'm not happy about. .:[
    Anyway. Other than that, it looks great. :) And as always, there will be real-live standard documentation. Yay.

edited December 1969

The library isn't slow at all for me. I bought 2012 even though I already had Poser 9 (good price at Amazon, and I wanted Pro's faster speed). I've been more than happy with it.

The Material Room is kind of confusing, but the results you can get are amazing. I would like to see them simplify it somewhat. But not at the expense of its power.

I had my doubts when Smith-Micro took over Poser, but dang if they aren't doing a great job with it. Great improvements to the product and (knock on wood) Poser's been very stable and bug-free, at least compared to how it used to be.

edited December 1969

%&^#%$#&^%$#!

(shakes crystal ball)
    I don't know WHY it never seems to be working these days... ;)

If I'd known it was coming out right now, I guarantee that I wouldn't have bought 9. That's the only thing I'm not happy about. .:[
    Anyway. Other than that, it looks great. :) And as always, there will be real-live standard documentation. Yay.

Don't know if it applies to you, but they are giving free upgrades to those who purchased the current version recently.

• TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited December 1969

Got the official newsletter in my inbox this morning. I've only had a quick look at the website, but it certainly looks interesting. The addition of Bullet physics (including rigid and softbody physics) in particular sounds really cool. No word on how much it'll support Genesis DSON though...

http://poser.smithmicro.com/poser10-poserpro2014/?hq_e=el&hq_m=1042890&hq_l=4&hq_v=098076d118

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

where did you see that Randym?
    (I bought PP2012 fairly recently)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

drats, looks like I missed out by a couple of weeks!

• DoricDoric Posts: 80
    edited December 1969

Couple the improvements with the M4K4 script from Colorcurvature, Everything I've hoped for someday, is here now.
    D.

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,602
    edited December 1969

I've seen this as well. There's a lot of good stuff in it. I especially like the bullet physics and the Cartoon mode, and the Pro version's fitting room looks very useful if it's as good as it looks in the ad.

I think DSON compatibility is a question for Daz. AFAIK Daz created it as a plugin for Poser 9 and Pro 2012 so it will be up to them to update it for 10 and Pro 2014.

• jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

interesting
    I saw the video ... I do not understand: this pixar subdivision is to make a character lowpoly model in a high resolution?
    Does this apply only in low-resolution models?

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,873
    edited December 1969

interesting
    I saw the video ... I do not understand: this pixar subdivision is to make a character lowpoly model in a high resolution?
    Does this apply only in low-resolution models?

http://graphics.pixar.com/opensubdiv/

• TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited December 1969

To put it simply, you can use it on any model, but you'll only see any real benefit when using low-resolution models.

Speaking of SubD, anyone notice that Poser 10 has separate subD options for the Viewport and the Render? So the model can look low poly in the viewport (thereby introducing no additional lag), and then high poly in the final render. This is also how it's done in 3DS Max, and i'm quite surprised Daz Studio doesn't do this.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

Poser users will have new toys to play with very soon with a May 21st 2013 release date http://poser.smithmicro.com/poser10-poserpro2014/?hq_e=el&hq_m=1042890&hq_l=4&hq_v=2de2fee9ac

Some exciting new features coming in this release be interesting to see what happens with Genesis compatibility with this new version..

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

Ah well thread stuck now as can't delete it.