scifi firearms problems

ILJacksonILJackson Posts: 20
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have a couple problems with the Sci Fi Firearms by Valandar.
1. Only the pistols are in the Props folder for daz studio, and they don't load.
2. The pistols and rifles are in poser folders after I loaded the poser file, but there are also supposed to be files in a Smart Content folders...which do not exist in my library and never have. I am running Daz Studio 4.5 Pro, 64 bit.
I would think that even if the folders hadn't existed the installer would have made them.
Is there a known problem with these props?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,665
    edited December 1969

I imagine the files in the DS Props folder are either hand poses or material settings - since Valandar usually supplies presets that apply on loading the model I'd guess the former. Not sure about the Smart Content issue - is it working generally?

• ILJacksonILJackson Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

They appear to be material settings, but the ones for the rifles are missing. It's just for the pistols. The rifles and pistols load from the poser folder fine. Though I thought these would come with hand poses and there are none that I can see, unless the smart content folder that the ReadMe says should be there is the key. Had I known they hadn't come with any hand poses I probably would have made a different purchasing decision on that one...

edited December 1969

As long as you purchased within the last 30 days you can always request a refund.

• ILJacksonILJackson Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

should I have a "Smart Content" folder? Does everyone else?

edited December 1969

Smart Content is a different pane, under Window>Panes(Tabs). Things that show in Smart Content will also show in the Content Library under one of the So-and-so Formats heading, but the reverse isn't always true.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited May 2013

I have looked at this set, the Handguns are in Pz2 format. If all the items are, the rifles do not say, I expect all you will have is the Props in the Content Library Tab in...
    Poser Formats>My (DAZ 3D) Library>Props>Vendor or item name
    And materials and poses in...
    Daz Studio Formats>My (DAZ 3D) Library>Poses or Props or both>Vendor or item name

The (DAZ 3D) without Brackets if you use DIM without DAZ 3D if you do not.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

PZ2 or PP2? The latter are props, which is what I'd expect them to be.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The rifles & hand guns are in PP2 format. There should be .dsa MATs for both the rifles & hand guns.

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited May 2013

Both the rifles and pistols are supplied in Poser .pp2 format in a Poser runtime props directory.

However, with regard to DS files, the rifles and pistols are handled differently.

The RIFLES prop directory contains .dsa scripts alongside the pp2 files, so when you load the rifle pp2 in DS, the DS materials are applied for you.

The PISTOLS prop directory only contains the Poser files, so when you load the pistols in DS they load with the Poser material settings. But there is a separate DS content props directory for the pistols that contain DS .dsa material files for the pistols.

So, you load both rifles and pistols from the Poser format props folder. But whereas the rifles load with DS settings, for the pistols, after loading them from the Poser format props directory you have to go to the DS format content directory, select the pistol in the scene and apply the DS material to it as a separate action.

It is a bit of a dog's dinner, and the pistols really should be updated to have DS-material-loading scripts alongside the pp2 files like the rifles do.

Post edited by DavidGB on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I did misread PP2 as PZ2 but the end result was still that the Items load from the Poser folder, I was wrong only about the rifles auto loading the proper textures. I am sorry for my mistake, it was based on just reading the Info page of the items.