UV map missing

assmonkeyassmonkey Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

...Ok, I have V5...and I went to use the V5 texture...and the UV map wasn't there

Under it, I only have V4, M4, Kids 4. basic female, and basic male.

I don't have any other maps

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

...Ok, I have V5...and I went to use the V5 texture...and the UV map wasn't there

I just "only" my V5 installer, textures are here:

Runtime > Textures > DAZ > Characters > MilWom > V5

• assmonkeyassmonkey Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

But I"m MISSING the UV maps...that's what I"m getting at.

I installed V5 and all them...the UV maps are missing

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited December 1969

The Victoria 5 product should have installed a Victoria 5 UV file in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/UV Sets/DAZ 3D/GenePool/Victoria 5.dsf

Be sure you're loading a fresh genesis figure and not using a previously saved genesis figure.

edited December 1969

As I said, it's NOT there.

It's not showing up in Daz, it's not with my other UV maps.

edited May 2013

Well that is curious. The suggested procedure then would be to download a fresh installer and try running it again.

13439_Victoria5_1.1_trx.exe is 106mb.

edit to add n.b.: V5 'must be' installed to the same place as Genesis was. [I'm sure the OP knows this but others reading might not] If it's not, the installer won't run.

Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

clearly...none of my Gen5 UV maps even went on. Weather the files are outdated or not, they should've still went on

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

What exactly are you referring to as a "UV MAP" ?

I think of these as being templates which you can use to make your own textures for products, and they are usually found under the "Resource FIles" on the store page.

I am probably reading this query wrong, but did wonder.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited December 1969

Good point, I was interpreting the OP issue as the Victoria 5's UV Set was missing from Genesis' Surfaces tab, hence my reply.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes, I just wasn't certain, Was why I thought I would ask.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

As the OP notes the drop down list in an earlier post, I think it's safe to assume it's the UV set which is missing.

As to why it's missing, now that is a puzzle. Your best bet is to contact Daz and inform them that you're missing the file. At the very least they can confirm receipt of the sale and send you any missing files by email. The UV set is a very tiny file which sits in the UV folder in the Genesis directory, so it wouldn't take up much inbox space.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

Are the V5 morphs there? If not that may indicate a problem with the install.

edited December 1969

clearly...none of my Gen5 UV maps even went on. Weather the files are outdated or not, they should've still went on

It's not whether they were outdated or not, every now and then the installer doesn't download 'completely' but it looks like it does and runs like it did. But pieces can be missing. That's why I mentioned the size of my file that includes the skins.

Also I'm going by your list of folders there that it is the coloured skins you're looking for. As far as I know the blank templates [what some would also call uv maps] for painting on are available elsewhere [link not handy atm].

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited May 2013

Simple question. Do you have V5 or just a character that uses V5? A character is not the V5 morph for genesis. If V5 is installed properly the Drop down should list the V5 UV.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

It's not whether they were outdated or not, every now and then the installer doesn't download 'completely' but it looks like it does and runs like it did. But pieces can be missing. That's why I mentioned the size of my file that includes the skins.

Also I'm going by your list of folders there that it is the coloured skins you're looking for. As far as I know the blank templates [what some would also call uv maps] for painting on are available elsewhere [link not handy atm].

The issue seems to be the UV Set for V5, that tells the figure how to apply the maps, not the templates.

edited May 2013

Are the V5 morphs there? If not that may indicate a problem with the install.

Yes, the dial for V5 is there, the texture Bree went on. There is Supermodel V5 on there. All the Gen5 shapes and Textures made it on...no UV map setting

And yes, I have the one-click link to load V5, then tells me the UV map is missing

Post edited by assmonkey on
    edited December 1969

Well, I unintalled the Young Teens 5 and put them back on...those characters seem to load now

though...I don't seem to see their UV maps in the data folder

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well, I unintalled the Young Teens 5 and put them back on...those characters seem to load now

though...I don't seem to see their UV maps in the data folder

The YT's use the default UV set they do not have a separate UV file. As suggested above just reinstall V5 and see if it installs the UV set. No need to uninstall unless the version numbers have changed on the installer.
    edited December 1969

The issue seems to be the UV Set for V5, that tells the figure how to apply the maps, not the templates.

Okay. Need to get me one of them mind reading machines lol ...