Easy Environments by Flipmode - great stuff

cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
edited May 2013 in The Commons

Hi there,

just want to say that I have bought two sets of the "Easy Environments" by flipmode today and so far I (can) must say, damn great sets.

Have bought the road to hell and the desert set and it looks great, will post some renders as soon as possible in my thread :)

thanks for that Flipmode :) and create some more :)

suggestions:

swamps
lake
river
sea/beach/cliffs
australian outback (with a dusty road and without, maybe with some rocks and hills) I like this red ground they have there
mid western plains (US)

Post edited by cosmo71 on

Comments

• K T OngK T Ong Posts: 483
    edited May 2013

A further suggestion:

Underwater. ;-)

Plus create IBL sets for all the Easy Environments.

Post edited by K T Ong on
  • cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited May 2013

a first test :)

the trees are from AM ultimo paradiso the rest (except of Dixie and her clothes) is from flipmode :)

dx_desert_fox_5_-_Kopie.jpg
    1600 x 800 - 189K
  • FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 880
    edited December 1969

Just to say thanks for the nice feedback guys, always pleasant to find such friendly comments =)

Underwater, Australia-style (red rocks) and beach (not the sunny california kind though) will hopefully be amongst the next sets. But I am going terribly slow right now, and have to finish one other set first...so it`ll be a while.

The render looks great cosmo, the trees fit in perfectly. Poor girl has a long way home.

IBL ... tbh. I don`t see much benefit from that for the easy environments. The skybox wouldn`t be affected anyway, and on terrain uberenvironment light has a nasty tendency to produce shadowing errors.

edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Just to say thanks for the nice feedback guys, always pleasant to find such friendly comments =)

Underwater, Australia-style (red rocks) and beach (not the sunny california kind though) will hopefully be amongst the next sets. But I am going terribly slow right now, and have to finish one other set first...so it`ll be a while.

The render looks great cosmo, the trees fit in perfectly. Poor girl has a long way home.

IBL ... tbh. I don`t see much benefit from that for the easy environments. The skybox wouldn`t be affected anyway, and on terrain uberenvironment light has a nasty tendency to produce shadowing errors.

thank you :)

well my render was rendered with überenvironment light + one distant light with shadow and one from buttom to top without shadow and low light intensity. there is one thing you can have errors on shadows but only if the displacement maps has high values, had this effect on the path, the normal desert was not effected. it appears with the distant light if you turn the shadow bias down to 0.01 if you turn it down to 0.1 - 0.05 than it works :)

edited May 2013

have created a landscape with lots of terrain-items from different vendors and in parts reworked textures. the road is from Jack Tomalin and the rocks are from FirstBastion, bushes and trees by Lisa. That may can give you an inspiration for another terrain :) here it is:

autostop_-_Kopie.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 299K
    edited December 1969

Wow, that looks great too...I can`t even see where the road set and the landscape meet, guess I have to look up the sets later ;)
    And yes, it is somewhat inspireing, such a set may work well as all-in-one combi.

UE lighting, sure it works.
    But tbh. I couldn`t have told you used it there, I just don`t see much of a difference on sets where ambient occlusion doesn`t do much.
    Then again...it does of course make more sense with added props or characters. I shall reconsider should I ever get to do a skybox addon.

edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Wow, that looks great too...I can`t even see where the road set and the landscape meet, guess I have to look up the sets later ;)
    And yes, it is somewhat inspireing, such a set may work well as all-in-one combi.

UE lighting, sure it works.
    But tbh. I couldn`t have told you used it there, I just don`t see much of a difference on sets where ambient occlusion doesn`t do much.
    Then again...it does of course make more sense with added props or characters. I shall reconsider should I ever get to do a skybox addon.

it was a bit work to rework the texture of the sides of the road, normaly it is the road has checkerboard pattern at the sides :) have used the texture from the grassy rocks by firstbastion to fit the road to the rocks :) a bit tricky it was but it worked :)

edited December 1969

Another desert render:

"Forgotten Outpost - get done"

desert_outpost_1.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 299K
    edited December 1969

The following are two different renders of the same scene (plus and minus some lights) using the lovely 'Top of the World' set, one using 3DLight and the other Reality.

For some reason I could never get the mountain images of the skybox to render sharply in Reality. (Someone else around here could, though.) They always looked blurred. DoF wasn't on, so I just dunno what happened...

BTW, Flip, how about creating some cloud props for this great set in future? ;-) Oughta be great to have some clouds around when using this set!

mountainscene_~_reality.jpg
    1365 x 768 - 407K
    mountainscene_~_3dlight.jpg
    1365 x 768 - 395K
  • WAVEDELSHWAVEDELSH Posts: 100
    edited December 1969

I"ve use Easy Environments Top of the world for a Music Video
    And its brilliant and very easy to use ... I'm Going to get the others for my next Animation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZtLS2ijJso

Great Renders by the way Cosmo

edited May 2013

I'm sure the animation must have been a lot of hard work.

I was actually thinking more of another work of music when looking at the scenes provided by the 'Top of the World' set. But I suppose our tastes are just a bit different. ;-)

edited December 1969

K T Ong said:
    I'm sure the animation must have been a lot of hard work.

I was actually thinking more of another work of music when looking at the scenes provided by the 'Top of the World' set. But I suppose our tastes are just a bit different. ;-)

Sorry, I forgot to mention that its one of my own songs where i do all the music and the singing myself

But thanks for Watching

edited December 1969

You must be a pretty talented gentleman to be able to sing, compose music and create 3D animation. :)

edited May 2013

To Flip (in case you're still following this thread):

Just one more suggestion. I just thought I'd really like a FOREST Easy Environment. :-)

Imagine a dense, lush forest, where the sky above is virtually all blocked out by the thick canopy of leaves and branches. I think that would be lovely.

If such a set could be made, I'd be really happy!

edited May 2013

How about a Cityscape Easy Environment

Post edited by WAVEDELSH on
    edited May 2013

wavedelsh said:

I"ve use Easy Environments Top of the world for a Music Video
    And its brilliant and very easy to use ... I'm Going to get the others for my next Animation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZtLS2ijJso

Great Renders by the way Cosmo

really cute video :)
    The song is written by you? Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! Great voice by the way fit perfect to this kind of music (that I really like) :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

My first use of Top o th World....

Brog_TOTW.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    My first use of Top o th World....

good job jader :)

• DavageDavage Posts: 84
    edited December 1969

Picked up top of the world, I now how three projects in the works with it. Awsome product, will have to go back and pick up the others at some point. Anyhow, this is one I think I'm done with. Having problems with a title, At first I was calling it Eagles flight, but now I keep thinking Littlewing.

Littlewing_resize.jpg
    1778 x 1000 - 602K
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    have created a landscape with lots of terrain-items from different vendors and in parts reworked textures. the road is from Jack Tomalin and the rocks are from FirstBastion, bushes and trees by Lisa. That may can give you an inspiration for another terrain :) here it is:

What, no links? lol

Wonderful scene :D

edited May 2013

cosmo71 said:

What, no links? lol

Hi there, for the set of this render I have used lots of terrain items of:

rocky flats
    http://www.daz3d.com/rocky-flats

texture of rocky flats - grassy stone
    http://www.daz3d.com/rocky-flats-grassy-stone

road from the set A Curious Bus
    http://www.daz3d.com/a-curious-bus

bushes from Lisa's Botanicals - Dead Bushes
    http://www.daz3d.com/lisa-s-botanicals-dead-bushes

to create this huge landscape and believe me, it is huge :)

edited December 1969

Where is my hero :) (first render with top of the world)

dx_-_where_is_my_hero.jpg
    1800 x 800 - 363K
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:

suggestions:

swamps
    lake
    river
    sea/beach/cliffs
    australian outback (with a dusty road and without, maybe with some rocks and hills) I like this red ground they have there
    mid western plains (US)

hm, a swamp would be nice indeed :D

edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    cosmo71 said:

What, no links? lol

rocky flats

Glad I asked :D

I would have never seen the potential in most of these sets ... lol. They now are waiting in my cart until pay day :D

Thanks for sharing :D

edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    cosmo71 said:

What, no links? lol

rocky flats

Glad I asked :D

I would have never seen the potential in most of these sets ... lol. They now are waiting in my cart until pay day :D

Thanks for sharing :D

well, it is a bit of work to create such a landscape and some tricky things you have to do :) it is not sooooo easy :)

edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:

well, it is a bit of work to create such a landscape and some tricky things you have to do :) it is not sooooo easy :)

Oh, I can tell heavy lifting went into it :D

I was trying to PM you, but I get an error telling me your inbox is full.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Flipmodes Greenlands and LisaB's Heart of the matter. Easy to do great things with these the Enviro's.

Elven-Dress.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:

Oh, I can tell heavy lifting went into it :D

I was trying to PM you, but I get an error telling me your inbox is full.

now it is empty :)

edited December 1969

K T Ong said:
    To Flip (in case you're still following this thread):

Of course I am!
    I am not a very active forum user in general, but checking on the feedback and renders here is one of the best parts of the "job". =)
    And so much cool new stuff showed up here.

@ cosmo: Ok, after taking a look at the list of sets you used I am even more impressed by what you did on the road render. Must have been a lot of work putting it all together indeed.

@ wavedelsh: Doh, animation! Very cool. The song has a nice Neil Young vibe in the first half. Great guitar, well played and a nice 12 string sound. (FX or real 12 string?)

@ Davage003: That`s a great style on the render imo. Did you see Painted Skin 2 ? Your render reminded me of the (?) sparrow demon there. Big fan of those chinese fantasy/wuxia movies. ;)

@ Jade: Greenlands for a change! Glad to see that one put to such good use. Whatever you did to the ground (retexture?) it works great.

---
    Clouds prop >
    good idea, no clue how it could be done for DS/Poser properly. I guess the standard solution would be a particle system, but if we have something like that built-in I didn`t even find it yet.
    ---
    Forest >

Imagine a dense, lush forest, where the sky above is virtually all blocked out by the thick canopy of leaves and branches.

You know this is a funny suggestion for a series which relies heavily on skyboxes? lol ;)
    I really understand the longing for good forest scenes, but I fear there is nothing "easy" about it. Difficult to create for Poser/DS, and likely incredibly slow to render due to all the transparency.
    But do you know Stonemason`s Enchanted Forest? I don`t own it, but the promos look incredible.
    ---
    Swamps >
    Already been discussed on the Easy Environments product thread. Rather unlikely for the Easy Environments series, similar reasoning like on forests. Similar suggestion as well...Enchanted Forest with an added water plane might work very well for such a scene. (I don`t even want to imagine the rendertimes having all that foliage reflected though!)
    ---
    Cityscape >
    I might do something that fits the bill, but not as Easy Environment.
    Tbh. I have a half finished set with a city theme, I stopped working on in favor of the environments though. I plan to pick it up again at some point.

Sorry for the lengthy post...there just seemed to be so much stuff to be covered.

edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    I really understand the longing for good forest scenes, but I fear there is nothing "easy" about it. Difficult to create for Poser/DS, and likely incredibly slow to render due to all the transparency.

Let's have some 'Difficult Environments', then. LOL. :lol:

There's actually already a great Forest set by Andrey Pestryakov, but it's very large and somewhat unwieldy. I was hoping for something smaller and easier to work with.

Anyway, keep up the good work, willya?

@Cosmo: It's terrible seeing the poor girl plunge to her death... 8-/