Water like in the preview images?

greysgreys Posts: 335
edited December 1969 in New Users

I picked up the Dream House Bathroom + Accessories and Poses (http://www.daz3d.com/dream-home-master-bathroom, http://www.daz3d.com/dream-home-master-bathroom-fixtures & http://www.daz3d.com/master-bathroom-fixtures-poses). In some of the images for the pose set the shower is on and the bath is full of water - is there a way to do this, or does it require additional products/post work etc?

Comments

• x3rigenx3rigen Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

i'm pretty sure it requires additional water and body materials >__<</p>

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

The shower looks like postwork with Ron's water brushes. There was an animated falling water shower here in the store for a while, but I can't find it now. The bath effect you can get with a primitive plane and Fisty's free water shaders. Neither comes with any water effects on their own (I have them).

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738
    edited December 1969

There was an animated falling water shower here in the store for a while, but I can't find it now.

http://www.daz3d.com/the-spray-tool ?

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited May 2013

The bath effect you can get with a primitive plane and Fisty's free water shaders.

Alternatively, just apply the water shader to the floor section that you have to make invisible to see the inside of the bath. Moving it up and down for a less full bath is possible, but the x- y- z-translate dials are hidden.

Edit: never mind, I just tried this. Because of the way the set's built, all of the floor is the one material. I ended up with the whole bathroom floor turned to water... whats the Dream Home Plumber's phone number, again...? :red:

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • greysgreys Posts: 335
    edited May 2013

Well that's a bit of a pain in the ass. Ah well. Wish they'd mention these things on the product page. :/

Thanks for all the prompt help guys. :] Looks like I'll have to hold off on this render until next fortnight and then pick up the splash tool, then, since I've used my budget for this pay.

Post edited by greys on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited May 2013

Edit: never mind, I just tried this. Because of the way the set's built, all of the floor is the one material. I ended up with the whole bathroom floor turned to water... whats the Dream Home Plumber's phone number, again...? :red:

1-800-Too-Wett
    (Wow, my 1200th post was about a plumber's phone number....)

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

Well, for my 1201th I'll do something productive for you. Here's what I found by Googling. (I swear everytime I see that word it sounds like someone is doing something they shouldn't.)

http://afina79.deviantart.com/art/Creating-Water-In-Daz-Studio-159064896

edited December 1969

Will someone pop in to my art studio (Link by signature) and take a peek at the water- I used that tutorial and just have a nice blue reflective plane, lol. I used the default light to give it something to reflect, and just used my Kaetl scene to quickly try it-

I'm not getting this bump thingie. Is it like glossy where the more you increase the number, the less it does it? I've posted two spot renders with increase in bump, etc. Don't know what I'm doing, but that's why I'm doing it :) (as usual.) Also, how do you change the dimensions on the plane once you set them? The tutorial had 100 x 100 and I'm wondering if that is my problem too- what I have doesn't look like water, just a blue plane that reflects.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Will someone pop in to my art studio (Link by signature) and take a peek at the water- I used that tutorial and just have a nice blue reflective plane, lol. I used the default light to give it something to reflect, and just used my Kaetl scene to quickly try it-

I'm not getting this bump thingie. Is it like glossy where the more you increase the number, the less it does it? I've posted two spot renders with increase in bump, etc. Don't know what I'm doing, but that's why I'm doing it :) (as usual.) Also, how do you change the dimensions on the plane once you set them? The tutorial had 100 x 100 and I'm wondering if that is my problem too- what I have doesn't look like water, just a blue plane that reflects.

Bump increases with the increasing bump values, but sometimes bump isn't that visible when you're not close up (it provides an illusion of topology where displacement creates actual topology).

edited December 1969

Yes, I had read about actually displacing vs bump :) Since lighting is so important for all renders, I was thinkin' it was because my scene was so dark, that's why I turned on the default light too. When I added a point light, the detail disappeared, and I had to do that because when opacity is lowered (for transparency) my lighting dimmed (I would guess reflective dropped?) I wasn't looking to add water to my scene but since I'm experimenting thought I'd try that plane thingie. At least I know how to make a frozen lake, lol! Appreciate your input :)