Sheer Greatness! Official Thread (Commercial)

13»

Comments

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,755
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    FW set is awesome:) Don't forget this will also be out this month in a few days.

Gah... You're killing me. Or my wallet, anyway.

Hey, is that the "Last Day" texture from LOGAN'S RUN? Can it be stretched all the way up the torso...?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

Never heard of logans run:). And no that is the max height for this set..sorry:(

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited April 2013

Zev0 said:
    Never heard of logans run:). And no that is the max height for this set..sorry:(

Logan's Run
    Post edited by BWSman on
    edited December 1969

hmmm..looks like my kinda movie...will see where it is available if possible..

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

Wait! So these shaders can be applied to anything? Not just the stockings? So this could totally help creating some interesting underwear/bras/lingerie type items?

If that is the case I am sold. I have been trying to find nice sexy lingerie type clothes for a series of images I am working on.

edited April 2013

Yes, the shaders can be applied to other clothing. In the promo's it says so as well:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Well - in Geminii23's defense I have to say I came to the same conclusion initially - luckily I found out the truth!

• PatroklosPatroklos Posts: 533
    edited December 1969

Hi, I am a novice at this.

I cant get anything out of the shaders. I don't understand them, do they show up in the openGL window?

Thanks

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

OpenGL will not render any shaders properly so that will be a no.

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

Patroklos said:
    Hi, I am a novice at this.

I cant get anything out of the shaders. I don't understand them, do they show up in the openGL window?

Thanks

Here's a quick tutorial on using shaders: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7170/

edited December 1969

Just realized that I've been having a blast with these for a month and never posted any renders. Then I had to find one that was "DAZ safe" 'cause, ya know, you haven't made a top-generator to go with this yet. ;)

stocking_test_1_SM.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 882K
  • jsdaz_5811013940jsdaz_5811013940 Posts: 118
    edited December 1969

Hello,

I really like the SG pantyhose. Very fun to work with. Fit much better than others I've tried. One little problem, I get some panty hose poking through the Turtleneck sweater dress. See the image. I could turn off visibility for the hip and pelvis, but would prefer a different method as that leaves the crotch uncovered. Do you have any thoughts? I have tried a number of the morphs without success.

DS 4.5. Genesis. Turtlenck dress.

Thanks,
    Jim

pantyhose_poke_through.jpg
    1234 x 1522 - 484K
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Create a Geometry Shell for Genesis, add Smooth Modifier to dress and set collision to geometry shell, adjust offset of geometry shell if necessary.

edited December 1969

jestmart said:
    Create a Geometry Shell for Genesis, add Smooth Modifier to dress and set collision to geometry shell, adjust offset of geometry shell if necessary.

And, in a pinch, if you have the Supersuit, you can use it to accomplish much the same thing: http://youtu.be/zO9AQlzdrfg
    edited December 1969

Thank you jestmart and cybersox13. The supersuit video is super helpful. I get the idea of playing off an offset, and collisions with an invisible article of clothing. Might be compute intensive, but it works nicely.

I solved the problem by simply setting collision item to SG pantyhose and iterations to 2. I recognize that this could be a problem if the dress did not fit genesis. Fortunately the turtledress plays nicely with genesis.

PS. Jestmart I love your tag line. I live by the notion of pressing buttons.

edited May 2013

jsdaz said:
    Hello,

I really like the SG pantyhose. Very fun to work with. Fit much better than others I've tried. One little problem, I get some panty hose poking through the Turtleneck sweater dress. See the image. I could turn off visibility for the hip and pelvis, but would prefer a different method as that leaves the crotch uncovered. Do you have any thoughts? I have tried a number of the morphs without success.

DS 4.5. Genesis. Turtlenck dress.

Thanks,
    Jim

For that render, dial opacity down of the material zones of the waist and upper part of the leg on the pantyhose instead of making the hip\ pelvis group invisible.. Since its not an upskirt shot, you can hide certain parts of the pantyhose that are causing the pokethrough by dialing opacity down on the desired material group on it.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Zev0, Thanks for the reply. I was able to solve using collisions and iterations, but dialing down the opacity is a good idea too. Will use that in future.

edited May 2013

Cool:) You can also use the polygon selection tool and hide selected polygons on the pantyhose instead of dropping the opacity of an entire material group. So you can just hide small areas where poke-through occurs, alternatively just apply the deformer tool on the turtle neck and pull that area out slightly till the poke-through disappears. So yes, there are multiple ways to solve the issue:) Me I just use the clonestamp and postwork in Photoshop lol.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,130
    edited May 2013

Another one from me...
    Title: Dancer
    Used Pantyhose and Sheer Greatness lace shaders on the pantyhose, top and skirt.
    EDIT: Oops, wrong thread! Meant to be posted in the competition one.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

the shader make a great alien skin. :)

aliens.jpg
    800 x 640 - 302K
    edited December 1969

Sheer greatness is just that.

Tried a bunch of shaders, but can't get a look that I want. Really glossy tights have a linear highlight that is narrow, but runs nearly the length of the leg. See the image. Playing with glossiness and specular were unsatisfactory. Tried some chrome shaders, but the legs looked like finely polished metal. Do you have any suggestions? I am happy to buy shaders to get this effect.

Thanks,
    Jim

Glossy_example.jpg
    824 x 1034 - 46K
    edited June 2013

We struggled to get that thin shine with the shader in DS. Only way to get that look is if you assign a custom reflection map. The Sheer Leggings addon has one as you can see below. I am still going to release a mapped pantyhose set addon and that will have proper reflection. I was also like "bleh, we can't get that result", so when time frees up I will hop onto it. If we find out how to do that with the shader that will be even better.

1.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 627K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    the shader make a great alien skin. :)

Cool. I never tried applying it as a skin lol..Wonder if it can be combined with SS...

edited December 1969

Thanks for a lightning fast reply. Will play with some lights tomorrow. I had some success with Poser 2010 using anisotropy. Don't know DS well enough yet to cook my own shaders from scratch. But, learning fast. Will let you know if I can make anything work.

Jim

edited December 1969

BB released the perfect pantyhose shader for Poser and gives that result you want. It was just hard to find those similar funtions in DS. I'm sure they are there somewhere lol.