Griffin Wings, Griffin Wings Daz Horse2, and Griffin Lord(Out Soon) (Commercial )

Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112

Griffin Wings is the the latest product from Midnight_stories and a precursor to the stand alone figure “Griffin Lord” . These are a conforming set of wings that will fit any figure with an upright chest bone, so that give you a huge range of figure that it can fit. There's both a Poser and Daz Studio version, separate figure all together and NOT a DSON port.
It comes with diffuse bump and transparency maps with 8 different materials. It have a host of dials an animation dial so it real easy to create your own movie. What make this so compatible is the different approach to rigging that allows for adjustments. It's as simple as drag and drop then a few tweaks of the dials which include up-down front-back move-sideways tilt twist and a scale, all act independently of the chest bone. For posing of the wing there's plenty of dials as well plus separate dials for left and right wings. I've also included 4 aniBlocks to help with animation which can use the aniBlock Importer for Poser. This is a great addition to any fantasy or Sci-Fi library and can be used on so many figures. I've also done a HD video tutorial on fitting and saving presets here.

http://youtu.be/wIdnwtPqGaQ
http://youtu.be/x6u5YH0nkPo

Post edited by Midnight_stories on

Comments

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited May 2013

Griffin Wings for Daz Horse 2 is an adaptation of the “Griffin Wings” for the new Daz Horse 2 . These are a conforming Wings prop set with all the dial of the “Griffin Wings”.
    It comes with diffuse bump and transparency maps, and has 11 different materials that match all the horse material presets. It have a host of dials an animation dial so it real easy to create your own movie. For posing of the wing there's plenty of dials as well plus separate dials for left and right wings. This is a great addition to any fantasy or Sci-Fi library. Create your own Pegasus.

Please note: this is a Daz Studio 4.5 asset only, it can not be used in poser due to being a conforming prop.

Popup03.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 383K
    Popup02.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 446K
    Popup06.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 336K
    Popup05.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 320K
    Main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 386K
    edited May 2013

Griffin Lord

The Griffin Lord is a new stand alone character for Daz Studio and Poser, with separate versions for each platform. He is the Master and Lord
    of the mythical Griffin. With a powerful body and eagle head and claws and Lion like tail, he is a creature of legends. A complete and fully
    rigged character with Head morph dials, grip dials for all hands and feet plus easy pose bend dial for the tail. 4K textures 12 different
    material 6 with tattoos. It has matching material for those of you who have bought the Griffin Wings. It's got conforming fiber-mesh hair for
    the tail a Skull staff prop. There's 11 poses 3 for the staff, plus hand poses to help make your own set. I've tried to match both Daz Studio
    and poser versions as close as possible. This will be a great addition to any fantasy collection. Please note Griffin wing are not included
    and may purchased separately.

http://youtu.be/nyJmY1ygnoI
    http://youtu.be/E3SikLxw1zQ

Popup03.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 390K
    Popup02.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 554K
    New02.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 424K
    New03.jpg
    937 x 1200 - 357K
    Main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 310K
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Wow, all of these are looking great!

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

The wings are a must-buy.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

:bug:

Ooo, nice! I'd definitely like to buy the wings, and maybe the horse set as well. How will this be arranged, as a basic wings set then a horse expansion set, or what?

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited December 1969

Nice! Like them all. Must buy!

edited December 1969

Wow, all of these are looking great!

Thanks yes been a bit quiet lately. The hardest thing to do wasn't the wings or figure but the Utube video I was totally packing death, no script totally winged it LOL. Now you know my slow talking Ozy voice, it was bit like the kings speech without the trainer, thank you pause button :)
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

oh those wings are going STRAIGHT into the cart when they are released!!! Particularly for the HORSE, that's the one I'm REALLY excited about! :D

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

........ the Utube video I was totally packing death,

and if i hadn't already known you were a fellow aussie, the "packing death" would have confirmed it. *laughs* :D

edited December 1969

:bug:

Ooo, nice! I'd definitely like to buy the wings, and maybe the horse set as well. How will this be arranged, as a basic wings set then a horse expansion set, or what?

Sorry missed this they are both separate versions basically the one for the horse will have the same dials but are a conforming prop, It's a drop and drag set and I match all 11 horse mats.
  • VilianVilian Posts: 281
    edited December 1969

OMG, those wings are AWESOME! Will they work in P7 properly, or do I have to struggle with that wonky interface in P9? ;)

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

are they usable with mil horse 1 or will I have to get #2 to use them

edited December 1969

Vilian said:
    OMG, those wings are AWESOME! Will they work in P7 properly, or do I have to struggle with that wonky interface in P9? ;)

Sorry they have weight maps so they won't work in P7.
  • JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

this looks awesome!

edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:

OK just downloaded the mil horse 1 and tried them out they seem to work without any problems all they need is a few tweaks with the adjustment dials and they fit fine. Remember this is in DS4.5 only, here some pics to prove it.

Millin-Horse02.jpg
    879 x 918 - 237K
    Millin-Horse01.jpg
    879 x 918 - 165K
  • BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

I never could say no to a pair of feathered wings. Bring on the Griffin Lord!

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:

OK just downloaded the mil horse 1 and tried them out they seem to work without any problems all they need is a few tweaks with the adjustment dials and they fit fine. Remember this is in DS4.5 only, here some pics to prove it.

wonderful, always wanted to create a pegasus

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

All of these products will most likely end up in my cart. The Griffin Wings are just plain beautiful with regards to the look and how they pose and they look a bit like Sphinx wings in certain poses (Greek mythology like Delphi Sphinx) - by the by wouldn't mind a Sphinx morph for Horse 2 actually ;) These wings should work for certain story characters I got in mind and also for statues. As for the Griffin Lord, apart from the general shape I quite like that it comes with tattoo options additionally.

One question though, the textures between Genesis and Horse 2 wings are interchangeable or do they differ?

Regardless of the answer to that this looks like three products I have to look out for in the end :)

edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:
    All of these products will most likely end up in my cart. The Griffin Wings are just plain beautiful with regards to the look and how they pose and they look a bit like Sphinx wings in certain poses (Greek mythology like Delphi Sphinx) - by the by wouldn't mind a Sphinx morph for Horse 2 actually ;) These wings should work for certain story characters I got in mind and also for statues. As for the Griffin Lord, apart from the general shape I quite like that it comes with tattoo options additionally.

One question though, the textures between Genesis and Horse 2 wings are interchangeable or do they differ?

Regardless of the answer to that this looks like three products I have to look out for in the end :)

Yes they are made from the same mesh so the mats will work both ways. Thanks for the kind words hope you enjoy them !!!

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

So these do not work in DS3? Do the Poser wings?

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

As he said the wings are weightmapped, even in Poser, they won't work in DS3.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    As he said the wings are weightmapped, even in Poser, they won't work in DS3.

Bummer :(

And I don't really know what weightmapping is ... lol. I just play with the stuff. I leave the technical stuff to others.

Thanks, though.

edited December 1969

OK the Griffin wings have just been released the horse wing and griffin lord are pass QA and in the art Dept. Hope you enjoy!

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    ........ the Utube video I was totally packing death,

and if i hadn't already known you were a fellow aussie, the "packing death" would have confirmed it. *laughs* :D

too true!!! lol

Are the wings geografted or conforming only?

Love the wings either way...

edited December 1969

Conforming only that's why they can fit any figure with a chest. Plus poser can't do the geo-graft stuff I tried to aim for the biggest market I could.

edited December 1969

Conforming only that's why they can fit any figure with a chest. Plus poser can't do the geo-graft stuff I tried to aim for the biggest market I could.
    Fair enough...
    edited December 1969

I prefer conforming for something like this. Geograft usually only works with the body texture it's made for, and with wings that's a bad idea.

edited December 1969

I prefer conforming for something like this. Geograft usually only works with the body texture it's made for, and with wings that's a bad idea.

I've been thinking about this issue and was wondering if anyone had created lie presets to help blend the geografts? If it was done in the same colour as the geograft it could ease the transition from the graft texture to the character texture....

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

I've been thinking about this issue and was wondering if anyone had created lie presets to help blend the geografts? If it was done in the same colour as the geograft it could ease the transition from the graft texture to the character texture....

The geograft does not share the UV map of the main body, it just blends with it at the edges. So you'd need a separate LIE preset for the body and the graft, and you'd have to blend them in the same way the original was made (probably in a 3d program). That's not impossible, but it's hard enough that the people who could do it are probably just making a body texture to go with their geografted piece.

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

The geograft does not share the UV map of the main body, it just blends with it at the edges. So you'd need a separate LIE preset for the body and the graft, and you'd have to blend them in the same way the original was made (probably in a 3d program). That's not impossible, but it's hard enough that the people who could do it are probably just making a body texture to go with their geografted piece.Fair enough...