Miss Fisher's Wardrobe...WOW!

ameesa001@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 282
edited December 1969 in The Commons

This popped out of left field for me, I don't remember seeing even a whisper about it. But after seeing the video, I popped it straight into my cart. This dress doesn't disappoint folks, might even become my new MFD. Tons of mats zones, and it's no secret how much I enjoy shaders, which BTW there are some included. The morphs are down right awesome! Aave Nainen, where have you been hiding? I'll be looking forward to your next release.

Sorry not much for renders, yet. I had so much fun playing I ran out of time before work. I did want to say how great I think this dress is though.

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

A link would be nice :)

• edited December 1969

Thanks for the heads up - I put it on my wish list right away. All of those drape morphs and mat zones look fabulous! It looks a lot more versatile than the MFD based on the promos.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Jimmy

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Brilliant dress. Wish I could produce something like that!:-)

• ameesa001@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

Sorry about the lack of link, was on my way out the door and wanted to get that in before I left.

• Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Ameesa said:
    This popped out of left field for me, I don't remember seeing even a whisper about it. But after seeing the video, I popped it straight into my cart. This dress doesn't disappoint folks, might even become my new MFD. Tons of mats zones, and it's no secret how much I enjoy shaders, which BTW there are some included. The morphs are down right awesome! Aave Nainen, where have you been hiding? I'll be looking forward to your next release.

Sorry not much for renders, yet. I had so much fun playing I ran out of time before work. I did want to say how great I think this dress is though.

Thank you so much for the lovely words and compliments on my first submission to Daz Studio store! As well, a big thanks for commenting on the You Tube video. It did take me a long time to finish and submit this dress, every time I started back to work on it I couldn't resist stopping to play! I was a bit hesitant on trying to become a published artist, hence no talking about it in the forum! I hope everyone who buys this dress has as much fun with it as I do!

My second submission is almost ready......every bit as fun and versatile as the "Fabulous" dress!

edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    Brilliant dress. Wish I could produce something like that!:-)

Oh Wilmap! I have all of your lovely free texture sets in my library.......I use them on my own personal projects a lot! Could I by chance get your permission to use them in my commercial projects as a merchant resource? Perhaps a limit of 4 per set? I would make sure I put credits in the READ ME!

Aave

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

From the YouTube video, all the drape morphs were designed around the Basic Female shape for Genesis. How well do they adapt to other shapes after collision & smoothing has run? Anyone with renders of V5SM wearing it, for example? Or Hitomi? Thanks.

edited May 2013

cwichura said:
    From the YouTube video, all the drape morphs were designed around the Basic Female shape for Genesis. How well do they adapt to other shapes after collision & smoothing has run? Anyone with renders of V5SM wearing it, for example? Or Hitomi? Thanks.

While making this dress and doing the morphs I did do a bit of experimenting with the different female shapes.........with some tweaking it is possible.......strangely the V4 and V5 are the least co-operative. I did have more success starting from the Basic Female shape and creating custom morphs and leaving Basic Female dialed up at least 50% also made a difference. If I get enough interest I would consider doing "sets" of draping morphs for this dress and putting them in store as add-ons. Custom morphs are also a possibilty..........

Aiko_4_demo.jpg
    500 x 650 - 76K
    Post edited by Aave Nainen on
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited May 2013

It's hard not to be impressed by the amount of work that's clearly gone into this dress. Oodles of material groups and a plethora of morphs make it easily worth the asking price and more. For a first entry to the Daz store, this is pretty amazing. I'm quite stunned with how silently this one slipped by.

If I could just make one tiny recommendation, if you were to show the material groups either through your video or in an image on the page it might encourage people who are on the fence. As for me, I'm throwing it into my cart the minute I finish typing this out. This is my new favourite.

Thanks for posting this Ameesa.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

I wasn't sure about buying this at first, but the drapes are a work of art.

Looking at the folder structure, it looks like this dress might be the first in a series, the "Miss Fisher" possibly indicating a Roaring 20's sense of style?
    Poirot... Poirot who? hehehe

If so, knee length dress/skirt would be a nice add - there is a morph that brings hem just below knee... but another dress starting at knee going to mini would be nice too (could double as a slip or silky nightie too).

Irrespective of the above, based on this dress alone, I'll sure be interest in seeing what this vendor offers us next.

The poses are great, very little tweaking required on custom shapes, just move the hands a little (at least the ones I've tried). Here's one using a custom shape that's sort of V5 supermodel with a slightly bigger BMI...

DressTest.jpg
    786 x 900 - 294K
  • ameesa001@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

Looking at the video, I see within Miss Fisher's Wardrobe, Fatale, Fetching and Frivolous. Names for upcoming additions perhaps?

edited May 2013

Very observant! ;-) Although just as a teaser the next edition is named "Fantastic".........

Post edited by Aave Nainen on