ADA-type question about Bryce...

edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hey all,

So here's the thing-- I would LIKE to be able to use Bryce and not have to go to Vue. If it were just a matter of paying $175 for Vue Esprit, that might be one thing, but I really don't know exactly what would be impossible to do in Esprit vs. Studio et al. Someday I'll buy the most complete version of everything... But NOT now!! HOWEVER...

The difference in size in the preview window (Vue vs. Bryce) is important if you have any visual issues. NOT going to call it a disability. Positive attitudes are important... :) I would LOVE to know if anyone knows about any way to make that window larger... some kind of general accessibility solution if nothing else? I really think it might be preferable to go with Vue if I can't work this one out. And I'd rather not! (Well, Powerball IS up to $162 million, I think. (goes off to find a lottery ticket. :)

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2013

Do you mean like this

bryce_screen.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 387K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • edited December 1969

I'm a LITTLE confused...

I mean the eentsy preview window in the upper left hand corner of the screen.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I think it's called the Nano Preview in Bryce, and the size of it cannot be changed to the best of my knowledge. There may be a new 64 bit version of Bryce sometime in the future, and who knows what may be possible then, but it wont be any time soon.

• OroborosOroboros Posts: 326
    edited December 1969

Yeah... Oddly, the main Nano Preview window is the smallest preview size in Bryce.

I often use one of the Preview windows in a Lab to get a better idea of the entire scene, usually the Light Lab or Sky Lab... But even these guys are pretty small.

Last year I started 'wire-framing' a new interface for Bryce. The largest objections raised were by the extremely small yet highly 'passionate' Bryce fanbase who tend to resist change out of hand. Good thought exercise at the time - I enjoyed it, and it led to my current position with an IT firm, as well as interest from a sound company looking for an interface designer.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Yes, sadly the only way to make the nano preview window bigger is to clip a large magnifying glass onto the top left hand side of your monitor.

Or run your monitor in the old fashioned 640x480px resolution which will make everything bigger.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,103
    edited May 2013

Problem is, the preview renders very slow and often needs to be set to wireframe in order to work on a more elaborate project. The other previews in the labs also render slow. None of them takes advantage of multicore processors.

Post edited by Horo on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

In the mean time... I wonder if there are any desktop magnifiers that might work over Bryce? I've seen people use these in FPS video's, it would make the preview a bit larger?

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,103
    edited December 1969

I don't think this is a helpful option. Information is missing. You can multiply the pixels to get a pixelized version or blur while enlarging. What I sometimes do is set the document size low and render this "preview".

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

I'm a LITTLE confused...

I mean the eentsy preview window in the upper left hand corner of the screen.

the preview is not any bigger in Vue - not in my copy any way