Render artifacts in Daz

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,038
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Why am I getting these colour squares?

Comments

• edited December 1969

My guess is uberenvironment + deep shadow maps. It's a known issue, try moving the camera a little and make sure nothing is blocking its pov. I had this happen to me acouple of times but never with version 47. Alternatively you could switch to raytraced shadows.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,038
    edited December 1969

But I like deep shadows:( oh well...

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

I use deep shadows the majority of the time and have only had this problem on the very odd occasion, I'm sure I've also read somewhere that it has to do with memory.
    The time I had it the worse was when using the Visual Toon shaders.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,038
    edited December 1969

But I have an I7 2600 with 8GB DDR3 running daz64bit.. I doubt its ram. I can easily fix with postwork but sometimes it appears on a place that I cannot just clone stamp out lol. Oh well, Just to be safe I'll try with raytrace and soften the shadow blur and see if I like it. Thanks guys.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited June 2012

My understanding is that this is a renderman (the render engine behind DS) issue. The slight camera tweak ( alittle roll or angle) and often they'll go away. The only sure fire method to eliminate them is to switch from DSM to Raytraced Shadows.

Post edited by adamr001 on
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

I used to get some of them using LDP2, but not very often. I think it's something to do with the angle of what is reflected (due to how the adjusting the camera might fix this issue). But I am mostly using raytracing with UE2, so this issue is moot for me. Besides, I discovered that UE2 gave better shadows than Shadow-mapping does, and is waaaay faster on rendertime!

Post edited by Norse Graphics on