Setting up net work rendering

deadspeakdeadspeak Posts: 28
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi, am trying to set-up network rendering for Carrara 8 pro. I have Rendernode loaded on a Mac pro & an older G5 PPC connected through a 1000 gigabit switch. I have gone through the tutorial for setting up the nodes but cannot get Carrara to see the G5. The computers are connected & see each other but in the Manage Rendering Nodes, I only see the Mac pro, & when I do try to render nothing happens across the network, rendering happens in Carrara. I've setup IP address automatic & manually get nothing, I've also tried to set a master but there are no tutorials on how to do this.
If anyone knows how to set this up & can give me some direction, thank you in advance.
Chris

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

I use C7.2 Pro and am currently rendering over a network. The main machine is a G5, the other two are an Intel iMac and a MDD G4. I have the computers networked through a router. I have left each machine's settings at the default. If you cannot get it to work any other way, reset the preferences on each machine and see if it works.

Now for a couple tips I learned a long time ago: Make sure the nodes are launched before the main machine's Carrara is launched. I do not know if this still is required in Carrara 8. I should also point out (just in case) that you need to render through the Batch Queue to take advantage of the network render nodes.

• deadspeakdeadspeak Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

Hi thanks for the response, but still confused.
    I thought that I was supposed to use the Batch Queue to render across the network. Thats what I've been trying to do, the render nodes have been installed on both cu's but C8 is not seeing the G5. It only sees Mpro & even then still will not render. I followed the link below to do the setup & I have reset preferences after setting them manually
    & have started up the G5 first but no go.
    Again thanks for the help.
    Chris
    https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/21209178-How-to-set-up-Render-Node

edited December 1969

deadspeak said:
    Hi thanks for the response, but still confused.
    I thought that I was supposed to use the Batch Queue to render across the network. Thats what I've been trying to do, the render nodes have been installed on both cu's but C8 is not seeing the G5. It only sees Mpro & even then still will not render. I followed the link below to do the setup & I have reset preferences after setting them manually
    & have started up the G5 first but no go.
    Again thanks for the help.
    Chris
    https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/21209178-How-to-set-up-Render-Node

What about firewalls?

• deadspeakdeadspeak Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

Evil thanks, but it's not the firewalls I can netrender using Cinema 4D net render & it works fine. This has to be a bug with V8 & i will contact Daz directly to see if they can fix this.
    Thanks again
    Chris

edited December 1969

Sorry I couldn't help. Trying to troubleshoot network issues remotely through a forum is like trying to- Nevermind. The analogy I was thinking of wasn't family friendly... :red: ;-)