Some Missing Smart Content for Genesis products (not a DIM issue)

KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
edited May 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

I'm sorry, people -- I know there's a solution to this posted somewhere on the forums, I know this has been asked and answered because I saw it. Now I can't find it. Help?

So, last week I took the DIM plunge -- I deleted My Library, reset the database in Content DB Maintenance, had DIM redownload all my DIMable content, and had it install the latest half of it (which includes everything for Genesis).

But now when I have Genesis selected the Smart Content tab doesn't see a lot of the content it should be seeing, even though I can find them in the Content Library fine. Some examples from my most recent purchases: Wet Body Gen 5 and Xavior Hair show up in the Smart Content tab, but Adventure Land Outfit and TyRex don't.

Before running DIM for the first time I set it to install content to C:\Users\KickAir8P\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My DAZ 3D Library. When I installed DAZStudio version 4.5.2.40 I used the same for its default content directory. And I've verified that's actually the path both DIM and DAZStudio are using. In Content Database Maintenance I've run Remove Un-Mapped Base Paths and Orphans, Remove Orphaned File References, Consolidate File References, and (just in case) Process Metadata Queue.

Post edited by KickAir 8P on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Make sure CMS is running and try "Re-Import Metadata"

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Make sure CMS is running and try "Re-Import Metadata"

CMS is running. I was trying to avoid "Re-Import Metadata", it takes forever. But okay. Thanks!
    edited December 1969

You could just try re-importing a few items to see if that fixes the problem.

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 1969

There may also be an issue with the metadata. Some of the products I've downloaded and installed through the DIM weren't showing in smart content because the metadata was referencing incorrect file paths. You might check the log file after re-importing the metadata, see if the program is having trouble finding files.

edited April 2013

You could just try re-importing a few items to see if that fixes the problem.
    Well, I could have, although it's difficult since the metadata re-import doesn't have a filter and seems to sort more-or-less by SKU#. Ran it overnight instead. Didn't work. Infoblurb says the Genesis is in C:/Users/KickAir8P/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis/Genesis.duf , which as far as I can tell is where it's supposed to be.

There may also be an issue with the metadata. Some of the products I've downloaded and installed through the DIM weren't showing in smart content because the metadata was referencing incorrect file paths. You might check the log file after re-importing the metadata, see if the program is having trouble finding files.

I'll try that when I get home from work, although I don't know what a failure to find things by a filter-word in the Smart Content tab should look like in the log file.
    edited December 1969

Hmm, not sure what the problem is, Adventure Land outfit shows for me in Smart Content with Genesis selected. Do you have multiple content folders listed in DS or in DIM?

edited December 1969

Hmm, not sure what the problem is, Adventure Land outfit shows for me in Smart Content with Genesis selected. Do you have multiple content folders listed in DS or in DIM?

C:\Users\KickAir8P\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My DAZ 3D Library is the only content folder DIM knows about (after I set it I deleted DIM's path reference to C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library, and that was before I let it download or install anything -- I also verified afterwards that it was installing content to C:\Users\KickAir8P\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My DAZ 3D Library). DAZStudio has both C:\Users\KickAir8P\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My DAZ 3D Library (set as default) and C:\Users\KickAir8P\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\Old Content mapped -- the Old Content folder is from the backup of DS3 (which was never installed on this computer) and nothing's ever installed to it.

I'll post some screenshots when I get home from work.

• Jewel DesignsJewel Designs Posts: 1,467
    edited December 1969

I have the same problem. After installing dim and setting up the correct path in daz for downloading products, they all appear in content library, but NOTHING appears in smart content. (see my earlier post in this forum). I have read all the posts I coudl find about this problem, and because I am not that computer savy, I really don't understand a lot of what they are talking about. The jist of what I can find is that somehow dim corrupted by content manager file? If you figure this out, and the solution is understandable by the common (non-computer savy) lay person, please post it so I can try to fix this. I can still use DAZ, but all my icon pictures are gone in smart content (products), and nothing appears in smart content (files).

I hate it when they force you to change something but have not worked out all the bugs.

edited December 1969

I have the same problem. After installing dim and setting up the correct path in daz for downloading products, they all appear in content library, but NOTHING appears in smart content . . .

Nasty problem! Not quite the same as mine, though -- with Genesis selected I can see a lot of its content in the Smart Content tab, but certain items which should show up there are missing.

I've had that happen, though, what you're getting -- DAZ's Content Management Service had stopped, once I restarted it everything showed up fine.

edited December 1969

How do I restart content management service? I tried the control+alt+delete key, and indeed the content management service says stopped. When i right click, it says "access denied." i have only one user on this computer (myslef), and i do indeed have administrative ability so I don't understand why i get access denied. Sigh,

edited December 1969

Try the link on your Start menu: Programs > DAZ 3D > DAZ Content Management Service > Start DAZ Content Management Service

If it doesn't work, right-click on it and choose "Run as Administrator".

edited December 1969

Okay, i ran it from the menu... didn's work. Right clicked and started as administrator... Still didn't work. When we loaded dim, and had to change the location for the files to get dowloaded, there was also a second box, i believe for the location of the content manager stuff to be downloaded to. Does anyone know what that second box location should read? I'm not sure if i screwed this up or not.

edited December 1969

Okay, this is really, really weird. I can get the CMS to run if I activate it through the menu option. Then I check it with cntrl+alt+delete, and it says it is running. So, then I go into DAZ and there is still nothing in my smart contents. So I close Daz and then do cntrl+alt+delete and now it says CMS is "stopped." Long story short, It seems that when I go into Daz, it stops the CMS. Anyone got any ideas now?

edited December 1969

C:\Users\KickAir8P\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My DAZ 3D Library is the only content folder DIM knows about (after I set it I deleted DIM's path reference to C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library, and that was before I let it download or install anything -- I also verified afterwards that it was installing content to C:\Users\KickAir8P\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My DAZ 3D Library). DAZStudio has both C:\Users\KickAir8P\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My DAZ 3D Library (set as default) and C:\Users\KickAir8P\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\Old Content mapped -- the Old Content folder is from the backup of DS3 (which was never installed on this computer) and nothing's ever installed to it.

I'll post some screenshots when I get home from work.
    And here they are: my content directories mapping, Priestess for Genesis Female (which is showing fine in Content Library tab but not in the Smart Content tab), and Genesis Ultimate Military Basic (which is showing fine in both, included for comparison). Please note the info-box in the lower right of the last two which are both showing the paths.

Any ideas?

screenshot.30-04-2013_21_.08_.27_.jpg
    1161 x 826 - 474K
    screenshot.30-04-2013_21_.06_.58_.jpg
    1161 x 826 - 427K
    screenshot.30-04-2013_21_.18_.34_.jpg
    776 x 484 - 207K
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

if your setting is no problem,, I think,, the meta-data of your files may have not compatibility with genesis.
    to check them,,
    go to the product category in Content library, then serch your products which can not be shown correctly
    when you select genesis.

from option menu,,or r-click of content library tab, > content DB editor.

select the assets duf
    (not material, and not other preset) , and check compatibility with of the assets.
    do they have compatibility with genesis?

and if the product are up-dated, and you use DIM to install the products,
    the meta-data must be installed to your runtime/support.

as mike said,, you need not re-install all meta-data again.
    you can check on and select which meta-data you need to re-import from your support folda to CMS.

if I were you,,
    1. delete the meta-data of product from CMS, (to avoid duplicate meta-data)
    2 re-install the product by DIM (it may overwrite meta-data in runtime/support)
    3 if need, re-import meta-data by Content Database Maintenance.
    by check the product only.

meta-data.JPG
    1002 x 835 - 161K
    contenteditor.JPG
    1087 x 742 - 159K
    edited April 2013

. . .

from option menu,,or r-click of content library tab, > content DB editor.

select the assets duf
    (not material, and not other preset) , and check compatibility with of the assets.
    do they have compatibility with genesis?
    No . . . no they don't. :bug: See screenshot below.

. . . and if the product are up-dated, and you use DIM to install the products, the meta-data must be installed to your runtime/support.

as mike said,, you need not re-install all meta-data again.
    you can check on and select which meta-data you need to re-import from your support folda to CMS.

if I were you,,
    1. delete the meta-data of product from CMS, (to avoid duplicate meta-data)
    2 re-install the product by DIM (it may overwrite meta-data in runtime/support)
    3 if need, re-import meta-data by Content Database Maintenance.
    by check the product only.

I've got no idea how to delete the metadata of the product from CMS. I had DIM delete the product itself instead. Then reinstalled and checked, still no good. Reimported the metadata after that, still no joy.

I know it's possible to edit the metadata so it points to Genesis (I'd need to learn how), but should I? If the problem's with the installer, why am I the only one affected? If it's not, how could DIM or DAZStudio be making this mistake so consistently?

screenshot.30-04-2013_23_.20_.37_.jpg
    1246 x 1576 - 603K
    edited December 1969

OK,, (sorry I think if I need to how to delete the product meta-data only, ^^;
    if you know well, I afraid bother you ^^;)

right click the product name, in content library product category.
    and delete installed meta-data. it may remove the product meta-data from your database.

(there is "delete" to,, but I can not clear the difference,, anyone tell me clear the difference,
    so I just use "delete installed meta-data" )

after that,, you need to re-import meta-data again from runtime/support

if the meta-data which DIM offered you are correct, it must work.
    and you can change compatibility with.. you are right.
    I sometimes modify product meta-data,
    but at that case,, I must make meta-data with different name.
    so that,, I can clear, which is my handmade product meta-data, or daz offered meta-data.
    without it,, if daz version up meta-data,, and still keep some problem,,
    it overwrite my correct meta-data.

I sometimes experienced the,, up-date meta-data still keep problem, and
    overwrite my modify product meta-data,
    so that,, i set different name and keep the meta-data.
    then if daz offered correct meta-data,, and there is no problem
    I delete my meta-data, and install (import) the good meta-data from runtime-folda.

deletemetadata.JPG
    533 x 448 - 51K
    edited December 1969

Anyway I think,, if you set correct meta-data,, it do not make more problem now.

select the Assets whch you want to set compatibility with, in content DB editor,
    then select "genesis" from compatibility base list.

then accept. I check on "auto export"
    it overwrite the meta-data o product which you installed by DIM,
    in runtime/support too. (I think so)

exportmeta-data.JPG
    1069 x 751 - 141K
  • niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi KickAir...

Looking at your screen shots, I see that your using Product View in the Smart Content Pane and then using Search to look for a specific item...

Now I'm just asking, but have you double-clicked on the Product Icon that is displayed in the results?

That should open a new panel above were the product icon is displayed that shows the Product and a category list, and the panel should may also populate with content depending on how the Meta-Data is setup... otherwise use the category list next to the Product Icon to navigate the Meta-Data categories...

Have you looked under Files in Smart Content to see if the Meta-Data is there?

If this isn't working and re-importing the Meta-Data didn't work, then it could be that the CMS is broke and needs re-installed... just guessing on that though...

Hope this was of some help... :)

edited May 2013

Back at work (no DAZStudio here :down: ) but . . .

OK,, (sorry I think if I need to how to delete the product meta-data only, ^^;
    if you know well, I afraid bother you ^^;)

right click the product name, in content library product category.
    and delete installed meta-data. it may remove the product meta-data from your database . . .
    Thanks! I'll give it a shot tonight. It's days like this that I really wish there was an easily-searchable manual -- somehow I can never find this stuff in the wiki. :red:

niccipb said:
    Looking at your screen shots, I see that your using Product View in the Smart Content Pane and then using Search to look for a specific item...

Now I'm just asking, but have you double-clicked on the Product Icon that is displayed in the results?
    Not sure what you mean -- in the example posted, the product icon displayed in the Smart Content results when I select Genesis and filter by the word "Priestess" is for Suranian Priestess 2, no other products. It's not showing the product icon for Priestess for Genesis Female which should be there, that's the problem.

. . . examples from my most recent purchases: Wet Body Gen 5 and Xavior Hair show up in the Smart Content tab, but Adventure Land Outfit and TyRex don't . . .

Hmm, not sure what the problem is, Adventure Land outfit shows for me in Smart Content with Genesis selected . . .
    And now it's showing for me too, as is TyRex -- I was filtering by "Tyrex" and "adventure", which apparently don't work. >:-( IIRC in the last version of DAZStudio this field was not case sensitive! Or am I wrong?

Anyway, together these two issues seem to cover my some-products-not-showing-in-the-Smart-Content-tab problem, at least for everything I had time to check this morning (although I'm still wondering if I should report Priestess for Genesis Female for bad metadata if I'm the only one having the problem, especially since I can't see how I could be the only one having this problem). Right now none of this looks to be a DIM screw-up.