DAZ saves me money

msep_aec684d3fdmsep_aec684d3fd Posts: 32
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Thanks to all of the DAZ Studio only products. DAZ is unintentionally saving me a lot of money. I will frequently see an item that I like, but then note that it is not for Poser, which is the only program I use.

Comments

• JazzminJazzmin Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

LOL... they save me lots of money too, for that very same reason.

• lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 593
    edited December 1969

They are saving me heaps as well but for a slightly different reason. I don't want to use DS4, perfectly happy with DS3A with my Finder plugin (not being upgraded to DS4) so most of Daz's new products pass me by as well.

• WahilWahil Posts: 307
    edited June 2012

I have the Manga Studio software by Smith Micro, but not their Poser software ( $499.99 for Poser Pro 2012 ? ).

I really like their Orc King Figure Pack, but they don't make it compatible with DAZ Studio so Smith Micro saves me money. ;-)

LOL

Post edited by Wahil on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702
    edited December 1969

My hours being cut at work saves me money because um I do not have enough of it to spend. I also cannot get a credit card so that saves me money also.

edited December 1969

Worgaam Orc Beast is awesome too.

But it's only for Poser so I can't buy it.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Denny L said:
    I have the Manga Studio software by Smith Micro, but not their Poser software ( $499.99 for Poser Pro 2012 ? ).

I really like their Orc King Figure Pack, but they don't make it compatible with DAZ Studio so Smith Micro saves me money. ;-)

LOL

Actually Poser Pro is on sale for $299.99 right now, although that should be the original price and should be on sale for $99.99 or less, then I might buy it, but probably not since DS is free.

edited December 1969

I have not paid full price on Poser. Maybe I did with Poser 5 but that was the first version of poser I got. That felt like a long time ago.

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,846
    edited June 2012

egaeus said:
    Thanks to all of the DAZ Studio only products. DAZ is unintentionally saving me a lot of money. I will frequently see an item that I like, but then note that it is not for Poser, which is the only program I use.

Good, save your money for now, as according to the latest update there is this quote:

You will begin (in the coming months) to see more products coming with compatibility with Poser and DAZ Studio (read into this what you want…that’s all I’m going to say for now).

- Updated 6-19-12 What Store Issues are being currently addressed and Why the New Store?

Seems to me that compatibility is coming, I bet it is the Genesis stuff.

Update: Hey, this is a family friendly website! I have an excuse, it was way past my bedtime. LOL!

Post edited by nDelphi on
    edited December 1969

um you mean coming. All I am saying is you used the wrong word.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited June 2012

He was probably a bit excited when he typed that

Edited to say: or she

Post edited by ledhead on
    edited June 2012

um you mean coming. All I am saying is you used the wrong word.

If it's NOT the wrong word, it still makes sense . . . . . after all, Genesis (biblically) has to do with the beginning of
    creation and so does . . . .

%-P

Post edited by Wahil on
  • KGKG Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ha ha ha that´s hilarious , would be more with this face next the word :snake:

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Agree. DAZ is helping me save money to spend on other things, like LOTRO. I haven't bought anything from DAZ for quite a while and I don't use poser; I'm a carraraest. It's not that I can't use genesis or genesis content; how well I can use them is a different question. But it's the pricing that put me off; the antiV issues with the installers; avast has fixed that, didn't help. As it stands most genesis content is close to twice the price of similar mil4 content, and using it in carrara is sort of a crapshot.

• creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

'm saving money to buy c4d or maya. if i buy a full year no content here, i almost can buy one of these programs.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm saving TONS, since the Daz store messed up my last 2 orders I don't shop here any more!

Unfortunately, now all the money is going to RNDA and Rendo....! So I guess it's not really SAVING me a nickel!

I got PPro 2010 for $99 from Purplus. Sure, it's not free, but it has a manual! And lots of third-party books! And even Python! :snake:

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

'm saving money to buy c4d or maya. if i buy a full year no content here, i almost can buy one of these programs.

I'm saving for C4D Broadcast. I figure, 6-8 months of eating inexpensively, a very low content budget, and not going out more than once a month and I'll have the cash! :grrr:

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Is it just me or has DAZ lost a lot of their old customers? Seems a lot of people jumped ship when DS4 and genesis was introed. And it seems for the past year it has been one rushed out the door screw up after another.

I don't know maybe one day some one at DAZ will WTFU. {wake the....}