Free Chain With ERC Pose Controls

SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
edited December 1969 in Freebies

Get it here at Haven Digital.

This is an 80-bone chain with a steel shader that comes with pose controls to aid in movement. It requires DS 4.5 to work but does not require Genesis or any other specific figure to work.

Comments

• SemicharmSemicharm Posts: 373
    edited December 1969

Looks nice, but the site refuses to process my order.

"The following errors were detected: Unfortunately there are no suitable shipping methods available for your order. This may be because the total weight of your order is too high or we cannot ship to your country. "

LOL! I'm in the US and there's no shipping for a download. Oh well...

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

semicharm said:
    Looks nice, but the site refuses to process my order.

"The following errors were detected: Unfortunately there are no suitable shipping methods available for your order. This may be because the total weight of your order is too high or we cannot ship to your country. "

LOL! I'm in the US and there's no shipping for a download. Oh well...

Try again? I found the error and fixed it.

• SemicharmSemicharm Posts: 373
    edited December 1969

Try again? I found the error and fixed it.

Works. Thanks! :coolsmile:
  • sfaa69sfaa69 Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

I know nothing about this site, and am reluctant to trade my e-mail address for access to who knows what. But the chain looks interesting.

edited December 1969

sfaa69 said:
    I know nothing about this site, and am reluctant to trade my e-mail address for access to who knows what. But the chain looks interesting.

It's my own site using CubeCart's store software and hosted with JaguarPC. It's as secure as I can make it, and I will not sell your email or other information to anyone. I have stores here and at Rendo as well as a long-running DA page, so you can glance around and verify that I'm not a shady character. ;)

Although the thought of me as an evil internet hacker is pretty hilarious, given I can barely code HTML with a reference in front of me...

• SyndarylSyndaryl Posts: 521
    edited December 1969

sfaa69 said:

Make a throw-away account at hotmail or something if you're concerned and have no intention of ever coming back. *shrug*

edited December 1969

Ah, if it's your site then that's fine. I know and love your work here and at the other sites.

edited December 1969

sfaa69 said:

It's my own site using CubeCart's store software and hosted with JaguarPC. It's as secure as I can make it, and I will not sell your email or other information to anyone. I have stores here and at Rendo as well as a long-running DA page, so you can glance around and verify that I'm not a shady character. ;)

Although the thought of me as an evil internet hacker is pretty hilarious, given I can barely code HTML with a reference in front of me...

Maybe I missed something, but how was I to know this was your site? I know you from your products and the forums, but that doesn't mean I am willing to join an unknown site to get a freebie. And the idea of using a fake e-mail seems to me to be cheating the website, if it is offering the item in exchange for an honest subscription. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but then again, I'm old.

edited December 1969

sfaa69 said:
    sfaa69 said:

Maybe I missed something, but how was I to know this was your site? I know you from your products and the forums, but that doesn't mean I am willing to join an unknown site to get a freebie. And the idea of using a fake e-mail seems to me to be cheating the website, if it is offering the item in exchange for an honest subscription. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but then again, I'm old.

For me personally it's enough that people learn the site exists. I don't care whether or not you subscribe, I just am not experienced enough to know yet how to offer a freebie without requiring signup on the existing store software (if another CubeCart 4-using vendor would like to PM me the info, it's very appreciated, as google has been unenlightening). I would especially like to be able to do this in light of the fact that I know DAZ has considered not allowing freebies to be listed here that require signup to download.

I'll be sure to mention that it's my own site next time I advertise a freebie. I certainly don't want people to have security concerns.

Also, thanks to the large number of people who downloaded the freebie even though they haven't posted in the thread. There will be more as time goes on. ;)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I went, I picked Register, I filled out the asked for information. I went to the Free section added the chain set to my cart and then checked out.
    A Screen opened asking for information never asked for on the reg page, not that I'm against the info asked for, but when I think I have done what is needed to Download a Free item after doing the steps displayed by the web site just to be told NO your not done yet I just left. The software or the Web master of the site one should fix the default Registration so a user is finished with registering on the default page.

I love SY's work, I just wished to see the chain, I have others made in this same manner so I do not need it. Just wishing to point out a bit of bad Web design in my point of view that might cause others to shy away for the very same reason that I did.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I went, I picked Register, I filled out the asked for information. I went to the Free section added the chain set to my cart and then checked out.
    A Screen opened asking for information never asked for on the reg page, not that I'm against the info asked for, but when I think I have done what is needed to Download a Free item after doing the steps displayed by the web site just to be told NO your not done yet I just left. The software or the Web master of the site one should fix the default Registration so a user is finished with registering on the default page.

I love SY's work, I just wished to see the chain, I have others made in this same manner so I do not need it. Just wishing to point out a bit of bad Web design in my point of view that might cause others to shy away for the very same reason that I did.

You were finished registering. You just weren't logged in.

There's a small line at the top of that screen that says "already registered? log in" which will let you bypass re-entering your info when clicked. You don't have to re-enter anything.

edited April 2013

Thank you for the Info, but still not very obvious on the site. I will go get the chain now. Looking forward to playing with it.

GOT it now. And I'll be checking the site as I added it to my store list now.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Just a note to say that many Freebie sites are now requring a registration before you can download a freebie, and many will require that you receive a conformation email of the registration before you can go back and actually download the freebie.

This is done to try and make sure that only "real" people are using the site anf not spambots and the like.

At one stage we were talking about possibly doing this on my site, having had it taken down twice because of bandwidth problems due to other peoples misuse of the site. (mass downloaders etc as well)

edited December 1969

That's good to know, Chohole. I've downloaded many freebies of yours over these two years!

And I'm sorry about that, Jaderail. Hopefully at least you get a nice chain out of it.

edited December 1969

That's good to know, Chohole. I've downloaded many freebies of yours over these two years!

And I'm sorry about that, Jaderail. Hopefully at least you get a nice chain out of it.

Every thing is all good, I added the Site to my Store list and the chain is WAY good. To bad my Primitive folks did not have chains to play with back then.
  • xgd720xgd720 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

excuse me.
    is it still available for free?
    i‘m a starter, just want to have fun ;)

edited December 1969

xgd720 said:
    excuse me.
    is it still available for free?
    i‘m a starter, just want to have fun ;)

If you mean the one from Haven Digital, it's on my DropBox now for free, yes:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9aue7qacpxs1t9k/SYFreeChain.zip?dl=0

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited December 1969

Thank you, It looks great.

edited December 1969

You're welcome! I just keep forgetting to put it at ShareCG.

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited December 1969

That is what i was thinking about too :) now i remembered one picture, lets see http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/29457 oh btw DAZ gallery HAVE option to favor a picture :). Now that is good, My Likes at the beggining. I was looking for that for some time, now it will be much easier to see those pictures I mark as liked.