Mac blues...

mjhatchmjhatch Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I just went completely "Apple" with a Mac Book Pro 15" 2.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM. Sweet beasty even if it cost me an arm and a leg, worth it. Anyway, it runs Lion 10.7, and I can't run Bryce, aaagh!! But it does run "Studio 4" perfectly :) I was wondering if anyone can tell me how it's going to take to fix Bryce for Lion 10.7...;)

Comments

• aliendoughnutaliendoughnut Posts: 40
    edited December 1969

you could run snow leopard till bryce fixes lion issues, its not ideal i know

• HaslorHaslor Posts: 402
    edited December 1969

you could run snow leopard till bryce fixes lion issues, its not ideal i know

Running Snow Leopard on the newest Mac's is not optimal and doesn't have drivers for some of the new hardware.
    So not sure that is the answer.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

A friend of mine sent Bryce 7 to a bootcamp when it wouldn't behave on her Mac under Lion. :coolhmm:

• dyretdyret Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

The newest Macs will NOT run Snow Leopard. Boot camp is the best sollution it seems. Trouble is that you need a licence for Windows, wich makes it more expencive.

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
    edited December 1969

This is exactly why I'll never own a Mac or run Linux.

• OroborosOroboros Posts: 326
    edited May 2012

vrba79 said:
    This is exactly why I'll never own a Mac or run Linux.

Your vague exactness and preference of 12-year old systems over modern advancements is exactly why neither Mac nor Linux communities want you >:)

Post edited by Oroboros on
  • nightg1nightg1 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Parallels 7 is another solution. It allows you to run Lion and Windows (and Linux) on your Mac desktop. It does require you to obtain a Windows license however which adds to the cost.

I am forced to run a lot of Windows software at home for my job which is why I went this way,

edited December 1969

Please, we do all Know that Mac Users have problems using Bryce 7 on the latest OS X.

Can you please keep this thread clear of any Mac versus PC type arguments.

Thankyou

• mjhatchmjhatch Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I did try running Bryce under XP using VMware. Got no where, everything else ran like a dream, just not Bryce. So I'll try bootcamp sometime on the weekend. I used to play round with IBM "OS 2 Warp 4" so I'm used to doing things a little different. I'll keep you guys posted as to my success...;)

• dyretdyret Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

Please try to keep things on target. I for one would REALLY want to hear other peoples experience on this forum with Bootcamp , Windows and Bryce. I think I have an old copy of XP somewhere and since Bryce isn't 32 bit I really shouldnt have to run 64 bit Wndows so XP should be fine. @Mjhatc: Looking forward to hearing your result with XP and Bootcamp.

• vannar14vannar14 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

mjhatch said:
    I just went completely "Apple" with a Mac Book Pro 15" 2.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM. Sweet beasty even if it cost me an arm and a leg, worth it. Anyway, it runs Lion 10.7, and I can't run Bryce, aaagh!! But it does run "Studio 4" perfectly :) I was wondering if anyone can tell me how it's going to take to fix Bryce for Lion 10.7...;)

Any of you know when Bryce will work in Lion? Last time i tried using Bootcamp it didn't actually work and I don't want to try it again even in the new Mac Book Pro... I think I'll never get used to Windows...

edited December 1969

We don't have a time scale. We do keep giving them a little poke every now and then. :coolsmirk:

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

I have successfully used bootcamp with win7 x86 and x64 on snow leopard, works very well indeed, have also used win xp x86 with good results, I won't be 'upgrading' my mac to Lion or Mountain Lion until Bryce is upgraded.