Free Clothing Prop For Genesis Female!!!!!!!!!

DigitalPimpinDigitalPimpin Posts: 33
edited April 2013 in Freebies

This is my first self made outfit, and I'm excited to have another freebie to offer back to the community! I am a newbie so please give me feedback so I may learn and grow. It imports as one object but will separate if that's easier for you guys, just let me know if you want it separate so I can re-post. Daz4 users use transfer utility after import

http://depositfiles.com/files/r580mfhq3

Post edited by DigitalPimpin on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The file that you have uploaded is an OBJ with a MTL file. It cannot be conforming, as it is not rigged. You would need to load the pants and top seperately into DAZ Studio, and rig them for Genesis. There is a lot more work to do before these can be used in DS.

There are many threads on the forums here on how to do that, but you could ask in the New Users Forum, or look for threads by wilmap and Patience55, and there are several tutorials on ShareCG by Patience55 on how to do this.

• DigitalPimpinDigitalPimpin Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

I understand that but this is conforming, well you have to run transfer utility on it after importing but like I said I am a newbie. Conforming to me means that once applied to 3d avatar, if the avatar is morphed the outfit will conform to the changes. I know I am a beginner but not a total idiot.

edited December 1969

I'm going to clear up a few things. I made this in Marvelous Designer 2 (designed to Genesis Figure) and it exports as conforming. This was the first I have made but I have several skirts and a few shirts as well and they all conform to the Genesis Figure, including if you apply morphs, after you run the transfer utility to fit it to Genesis. Again I am a beginner so please all Intermediate & Expert designers bare with me, I am just trying to give back after all I've been handed down from the Daz community. I am open to receiving tutorials if you guys have any or just paste a link for me to learn.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

An obj file is not conforming, it has to be rigged.

edited December 1969

Go to marvelousdesigner.com and check it out. Maybe I'm missing something or I was missinformed or I'm just saying it wrong. If you google how to make conforming clothing for Daz Studio, a video for marvelous designer pops up. watch what I did and you will see why I'm saying it is conforming. This stuff is like learning a new language, I'm ignorrant to terminology unless I see it first hand OR missinformed by another student or teacher

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

In the Poserverse (that's were you are BTW) for something to be conforming it has to be a figure, and to be a figure it's needs to be rigged with a skeleton, what you have supplied is a static prop rather than a conformer.

Oh and using the Transfer Utility is just the starting point of rigging content for Genesis, and definitely not the end point.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,798
    edited December 1969

just call it a clothing prop instead of conforming,
    Poser users can use it dynamically and maybe suggest DS4 users try the transfer tool

edited December 1969

Ty Wendy that's all I needed to hear. I only called it conforming because that's what I was told. Clothing Prop got it, again thanks for clearing it up.

edited December 1969

I wouldn't bet on it Wendy, I've just looked at the mesh, it will fall apart in Posers cloth room.

1) When making content for Genesis you NEED to built it around the default shape and not around a morphed shape like you have.

2) Having a two piece outfit in one OBJ will cause problems when rigging especially when they overlap like yours does.

3) If you want to make content for this universe then get a 3D modelling program, rather than using a pile of crap like MD or Optitex as neither of those systems creates a very good mesh.

edited April 2013

ok I have maya 2013 but its kind of hard learning (self teaching) so MD was a starting point for me a I wanted to give other newbies a chance at content since Daz charges for everything. Your info is very useful, I also have hexagon and in the process of learning it. A lot of gizmos to remember and their functions lol. I'm 2 months new to the actual design work of it all. thank Bejaymac for the better path of direction. I will also separate the items from now on.

Post edited by DigitalPimpin on
    edited December 1969

Getting clothing from things like MD to work right is a problem for most, but for someone like me who makes his own content it doesn't take too long to get things to work half decent in DS. The attached pic is your outfit conformed and rigged to Genesis, to get it like that I dialed up the basic female morph in Genesis, then I used the Transfer Utility to reverse the source shape, the result of that was an outfit with a lot of wrinkles in it, so I applied a smoothing modifier, set it to Generic and the smoothing to 30 to get rid of them, I then "baked" the smoothing modifier and exported the smoothed mesh as a new OBJ. After deleting the old outfit from the scene I then imported the OBJ I just made, and rigged it with the Transfer Utility, I also used your mesh as a Morph Target to create the Basic female morph, and smoothed and baked it for a better finish.

Would be better if I was to split the top from the pants and have them as separate items, but it's not too bad for 10 minutes work.

Rigged.jpg
    378 x 647 - 35K
    edited April 2013

did fit quite nice using bodysuit in transfer utility with smoothing modifier

will grab some links for saving as clothing asset

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2174/
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15863/

outfit.gif
    300 x 300 - 479K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

Wendy I wouldn't bother, go check the UV mapping, that needs to be fixed before this outfit is worth rigging.

edited April 2013

nm

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited April 2013

This is my first self made outfit, and I'm excited to have another freebie to offer back to the community! I am a newbie so please give me feedback so I may learn and grow. It imports as one object but will separate if that's easier for you guys, just let me know if you want it separate so I can re-post. Daz4 users use transfer utility after import

http://depositfiles.com/files/r580mfhq3

Hmm ... okay ... yes I have been known to make tutorials, and then take some down as programs get updated and/or whatever else happens on bad hair days.

1. Re-posting ... of your new improved model when ready, yes please. To someplace like sharecg.com which is one of the more popular forums for shares in the community.

2. "Come into my parlour" in a little while and "feedback" shall be forthcoming.

3. It's a good idea to also do some texturing and making clothing items through to finished product as it does help one see better how to model whatever it is they are making. This is just a general comment, nothing to do with the outfit, which does look cute.

4. Parlour link [updated link to relevant post start]

Post edited by patience55 on
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

First, i'll start by saying thank you for sharing!! It takes bravery to share a freebie the first time, especially when comments can be mean instead of encouraging! No fun!
    So here's a ton of HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH for you :)

I don't know much bout MD, except that its crazy expensive....haha!
    People obviously have different views about what is good or 'crap' (I personally love optitex stuff.... sad that Optitex reneged, but major kudos to Martin who still works hard to keep making dynamics all on his own!) If you find something that works for you, sure! It just matters that you like what you're doing.:)

If you model for genesis though, keep in mind that to rig clothes for Genesis, clothing needs to be made to fit the BASE default genesis shape. If you create clothes for Genesis, I could help you rig them. This particular suit was easy. I split them up, rigged the back of the top as a skirt, and auto rigged the pants. I put shaders on them and it worked wonderfully. :)

Hey, i can rig things now, but i can't model much. So we all learn different things in different orders

Don't let this get you down! :) Great work, it just needs a few more steps to make it a finished clothing item to use in Daz Studio or Poser. :)

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited April 2013

Bejaymac said:

1) When making content for Genesis you NEED to built it around the default shape and not around a morphed shape like you have.

This is a major misconception, totally untrue, and may eventually lead to Armageddon (if you doubt me, I will link back to this very post when and if Armageddon occurs in a few months). Anyway, if you're making clothing with a specific end shape or gender in mind, you really should either model it around that end shape or at least the appropriate gendered base.

For example

1) model around base female
    2) load model into studio
    3) load genesis
    4) in this case, set genesis shape to base fem
    5) using the transfer utility make sure you have "current" selected in both item shape boxes
    6) check "reverse source shape from target box"
    7) run transfer
    7b) if resulting neuter mesh is fugly, take it back into your modeler and clean it up
    7c) bring less fugly neuter mesh back into studio and transfer the rigging from default genesis (again)
    9) load your original base fem mesh in as a morph target for the neuter item, call it fbmbasicfemale to overwrite the auto generated shape (studio has already forgotten about your original clothing shape)
    10) use your base fem shape as a starting point for other female bodyshape morphs that you make in your modeler

Post edited by JoeQuick on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    Bejaymac said:

This is a major misconception, totally untrue, and may eventually lead to Armageddon (if you doubt me, I will link back to this very post when and if Armageddon occurs in a few months). Anyway, if you're making clothing with a specific end shape or gender in mind, you really should either model it around that end shape or at least the appropriate gendered base.

LOL...I thought that there were two important things when modelling around a shape other than the original base:

1. Make sure that you have genesis at 100% scale when exporting.

2. Make sure you tick Reverse Source shape from target in the options and change default shape to current/morph/clone depending on what you are doing.

I do know that works when creating morphs for clothing as I've done it.

I think that there is still lots of unknowns when creating clothing for Genesis, little tricks that we will get better at as we learn more about how to do it.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

I always model my clothing on Genesis base, even those I have made in MD. Most of those I had done using the female shape didn't transfer well enough, and were not very smooth under the bust area.

I will download the item and let you know what I think.

Good luck with your modelling, I know how daunting it is when you first start to give away free items you have made. Don't give up!!:-):-)

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited April 2013

Well I had to re-UV map the textures first, but I loaded the object into Daz at 100% and it came in the correct size!

I then shaped Genesis to basic female and ran the transfer utility and it worked fine. Shaped Genesis to V4 and apart from the bust not being as smooth as I would have liked, it was OK.

Just one problem area, and I find this in a lot of MD clothing - the back has a large ruck which need smoothing out in a modelling program.

Otherwise a good first attempt.:-)

Here is an image to show what I mean.

_Test_Image_2.png
    600 x 600 - 148K
    _Test_Image_1.png
    600 x 600 - 113K
    Post edited by Wilmap on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    Bejaymac said:

For example

1) model around base female
    2) load model into studio
    3) load genesis
    4) in this case, set genesis shape to base fem
    5) using the transfer utility make sure you have "current" selected in both item shape boxes
    6) check "reverse source shape from target box"
    7) run transfer
    7b) if resulting neuter mesh is fugly, take it back into your modeler and clean it up
    7c) bring less fugly neuter mesh back into studio and transfer the rigging from default genesis (again)
    9) load your original base fem mesh in as a morph target for the neuter item, call it fbmbasicfemale to overwrite the auto generated shape (studio has already forgotten about your original clothing shape)
    10) use your base fem shape as a starting point for other female bodyshape morphs that you make in your modeler

I've also found modeling around the basic Genesis figure [nothing dialed in] tends to produce better results and less work-a-round fixes being required. However using Wilmap's 100% import [which I gather is the Daz size import for 1cm] the item did load on the figure. [With the also common Poser settings the item comes in HUGE] And I used the steps 1-7 and it worked! Thank you.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Joequick said:
    Bejaymac said:

LOL...I thought that there were two important things when modelling around a shape other than the original base:

1. Make sure that you have genesis at 100% scale when exporting.

2. Make sure you tick Reverse Source shape from target in the options and change default shape to current/morph/clone depending on what you are doing.

I do know that works when creating morphs for clothing as I've done it.

I think that there is still lots of unknowns when creating clothing for Genesis, little tricks that we will get better at as we learn more about how to do it.

True that esp about your 1. point. When making fit morphs for the SuperCape for Genesis and dialing up Freak 5 or Mr. Hyde to create those morphs in ZBrush I found things not so forgiving so looked in the params and found that both shapes had their default scale set up higher than 100%. So put each shape at 100%, GoZ to ZBrush and redid the fit morphs and worked beautifully. When the fix was in place I then went back to the parama, clicked on the little gear icon under Scale and it pops up a little menu and clicked "Reset" and up popped the full sized version of each shape and the fix remained good.