BRYCE RENDERING CHALLENGE Inaugural Challenge NEW BEGINNINGS.

124»

Comments

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Eva1: Thank you. I really wasn't thinking about offsetting the center mountain, but trying to get the mountain directly behind it into the scene. Getting a better angle so it could be seen. You have, however, given me more information about setting up a scene. Thanks.

• Eva1Eva1 Posts: 1,249
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @Eva1: Thank you. I really wasn't thinking about offsetting the center mountain, but trying to get the mountain directly behind it into the scene. Getting a better angle so it could be seen. You have, however, given me more information about setting up a scene. Thanks.

Hi, your're welcome:) If you or anyone else here are interested in some more information on techniques for composition here is a quick intro on the rule of thirds - there are loads of resources for this on the web.

http://digital-photography-school.com/rule-of-thirds

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,996
    edited December 1969

Guss - I like what you did with your latest renders especially the last one.

Sean - looking forward to seeing your final entry.

David - thanks for showing us the different cool ways of using Bryce.

Good Luck to everyone who are participating in the contest.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

OK, I finally got round to posting a clean thread, for the final completed renders to be posted in for judging.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/21183/

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

@mermaid010 and @Eva1, thanks!

@Chohole, thanks for adding the clean thread! I've added my entry to it. Now off to do some badly-needed PC maintenance now that that PC is freed up.

edited December 1969

@mermaid: Thank you.

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Here is my entry to the bryce challenge. So, this is another test to fake Vue render. I’m really proud of this picture because of the way it look. I let you appreciate but to me it deffinitly reache a standard Vue render.

You can see caustics under the bridge, lots and lots of details here and there. The whole scene is taking about 3,5 Gb of memory usage and the saved file is about 900 mb..Plants and trees are from Xfrog bundle, shrubs from Bryce and xfrog. The small wall surrounding the cottage house was modelled in Bryce with boolean extrusion of stones.

House is inspired of Helmut Schaub one and is all modelled by me in Bryce except for the thatched roof made in wings3d. Ivy generator for the ivy. This picture is inspired of the fantastic Vue artist : Dominic Davison.

Bridge modelled in Bryce with a arroway texture bump on it.

Car from the web. Dead tree on the right from walli available here : http://www.wallis-eck.de/2009/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/The_Noble_One.zip

Render in 64 rays/pix T.A mode with S.S.S correction and boost light on, it take 3 days to calculate at this resolution.

Good luck to everyone!

cottage.jpg
    1200 x 774 - 711K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,117
    edited December 1969

Very nice to see you here, Marco, and with such an outstanding Bryce render! The "Deux Chevaux" (as we call that car) brings back memories. Incredible details.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

c-ram said:
    Here is my entry to the bryce challenge.

Remember to add it to the final judging thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/21183/ when you are ready!
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

c-ram...oooohhh, I like that - a warm feel to it, too.

Jay

edited December 1969

@c-ram: Wow, nice work. That cottage looks like it's been there for years. The entire image gives one a feeling of a cozy place to stay for several days.

edited December 1969

@ c-ram

You need to edit yiur post in the entry thread, to attach your image :coolsmirk:

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited December 1969

Also - I'm not seeing c-ram's image...

edited December 1969

I've got some trouble to upload my image, I'll try to restart it at home this evening.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,117
    edited December 1969

@Dan - right on topic. Great idea.

edited December 1969

@ horo : thank you, if I remenber, I've promise you my previous picture as a gift at bryce5.com.. well the render is now finish and I'm in holiday next week, so I'm going to send it to you.

@ chohole : I'm sorry, I've got trouble to upload my cottage picture but now it's done.

edited December 1969

SO OK If everyone has now moved their finished renders over to the Clean thread I shall hand it over to the judges.

ANone got any ideas for a topic for the May Challenge?

edited December 1969