Where to file old file?

KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
edited April 2013 in New Users

Never mind, I found them all under products then used the ABC's list.

Hello, I installed http://www.daz3d.com/mellany-hair in the new my daz library using the new installer but can't find the file even if I search. I know there is an old my library but half the time it won't load since I got the new my library folder. I have search the new library and found the file at C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Libraries\Pose but it is not in libraries, that folder is empty. I've been looking in folders for a week now and simple can't find quit a few of my older files.

Any thoughts where the new my library would put this hair and other old files?

Thanks

Post edited by KimberSue on

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

I use Windows Explorer and often search under: My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/

Poser files are kept there.

• KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    I use Windows Explorer and often search under: My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/

Poser files are kept there.

I can find the files using windows but the path doesn't match the directory in daz.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Did you POINT the old installer to My DAZ 3D Library or did you let it install at the default settings?

edited December 1969

In the Content Library Tab you will find a similar file path under Poser Formats/My Library/

The Character folder you see in Windows Explorer will be listed as "Figures" under that path. Beyond that, everything else is pretty much the same.

edited December 1969

Ah I just caught the Nevermind thing. Kimber if you EDIT your first post you can EDIT the thread TITLE and add SOLVED that will let others know you need no more help with this.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Ah I just caught the Nevermind thing. Kimber if you EDIT your first post you can EDIT the thread TITLE and add SOLVED that will let others know you need no more help with this.

Always helpful :)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Did you POINT the old installer to My DAZ 3D Library or did you let it install at the default settings?

I pointed the new installer to the new My Daz 3D library. I have found must my old products when V4 is saying: "The "Victoria 4" support folder could not be found" I reinstaller her using first the DIM installer then by hand and I still get the message.

edited December 1969

AH, so it's still not working link to the Item and I'll check my files. If I have it I'll take a HARD look for you.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    AH, so it's still not working link to the Item and I'll check my files. If I have it I'll take a HARD look for you.

The hair http://www.daz3d.com/mellany-hair is working as long as I get it via the product > abc file listing under M.

V4 is not working and says The "Victoria 4" support folder could not be found

Sorry, I rushed and didn't explain it well enough.

edited December 1969

How was V4 installed? Is it in a older content folder you Mapped to DS4.5. The DIM and the older content folder is two different places.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    How was V4 installed? Is it in a older content folder you Mapped to DS4.5. The DIM and the older content folder is two different places.

Since I have the new "My DAZ Folder" I reinstalled everything into it using the DIM installer into C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library

There was no V4 and I found her today in the products > V > Vic 4 base folder

After getting the error I opened the DIM and uninstalled and the V4 files then reinstalled them. I still bet the same error message.

Thank you
    Kimberly

edited April 2013

Something is OFF, I have V4 installed in DS4.5 with all DIM installs and I get no errors. Can you give a screen shot of your Content Directory Manager with all paths opened?

By the Way I still use my Content Library TAB more than Smart content.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Something is OFF, I have V4 installed in DS4.5 with all DIM installs and I get no errors. Can you give a screen shot of your Content Directory Manager with all paths opened?

By the Way I still use my Content Library TAB more than Smart content.

I've never used the smart content much. I liked the search feature which btw isn't work well either since I use the DIM to re set up my whole runtime. My old runtime was a mess and I put everything in the poser file but thought with the new DIM that I could start over fresh with a new daz runtime.

Clipboard01115.jpg
    651 x 538 - 116K
  • islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Could you try removing the documents folder out of the other formats and add it under the Poser formats part also I think you need to map the Public folder one under Poser Formats also :-). Hope this helps. Hopefully someone with more experienced will come along and correct me if I am wrong :-).

edited April 2013

I'm seeing some issues, and Here is what I believe you should have. If the New Content Set has no paths listed it should not exist at all.
    I'm not sure if this 100% as I say. But I know most of it is.

Clipboard01115.jpg
    651 x 538 - 170K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I'm seeing some issues, and Here is what I believe you should have. If the New Content Set has no paths listed it should not exist at all.
    I'm not sure if this 100% as I say. But I know most of it is.

AND V4 LOADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't thank you enough!

Now, what is it I need to buy so V4 works with Genesis? Or am I mistake there a way to use V4 with genesis?

edited December 1969

The V4 is a Generation 4 figure Genesis is a New figure. You can not use items like Morphs for V4 or characters on Genesis. To do that you would need the Gen X full program. It can transfer the V4 morphs and shapes to Genesis.

Your clothing for V4 will mostly work on Genesis with the Autofit feature DS4.5 has just follow the prompts when you put V4 clothing on Genesis. The Genesis can also use your V4 skin textures without needing anything else.

If you need more help just ask.