IS THIS PRICE FOR REAL?!

LEI1LEI1 Posts: 0
edited June 2012 in The Commons

I'm feeling like this has to be some sort of mistake. Are the new Boxing Shoes > http://www.daz3d.com/shop/fm-fight-club-boxing-shoes/ really meant to be $31.47?

And that's the intro sale price too, the regular is listed as $44.95 … I could've sworn Daz had the word "affordable" in their mission statement, so am I missing something here?! I mean this is around the price of an entire Stonemason set … for a pair of bloody SHOES. I really like them but I certainly will NOT be buying them … ever … if this price is correct.

Post edited by LEI1 on

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,683
    edited December 1969

From the shoe's store page:

Only available as a bonus item during the intro sale for Fight Club Clothing. Both items must be in shopping cart together to receive boxing shoes free

They put it at that price so people would buy fight club clothing to get the shoes for free.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,505
    edited December 1969

According to the description, it is supposed to be only be available as a bonus item when you purchase the Fight Club Clothing. I think the high price is DAZ's way of making sure that no one will buy it separately, they did a similar thing with a either Stephanie Petite or a Genesis shape if I remember correctly.

• LEI1LEI1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

According to the description, it is supposed to be only be available as a bonus item when you purchase the Fight Club Clothing. I think the high price is DAZ's way of making sure that no one will buy it separately, they did a similar thing with a either Stephanie Petite or a Genesis shape if I remember correctly.

Really :gulp: I wasn't aware they'd done it before … but that's terrible logic on their parts. All their doing is ensuring that I won't be buying either item ...

• LEI1LEI1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Only available as a bonus item during the intro sale for Fight Club Clothing. Both items must be in shopping cart together to receive boxing shoes free

They put it at that price so people would buy fight club clothing to get the shoes for free.

That seems silly! They ought to have just included it as a free gift with the fight club clothing then, rather than putting it in the store on its own. And I have no desire to buy the set either since I have quite a few similar pieces already ...

edited December 1969

LEI1 said:

That seems silly! They ought to have just included it as a free gift with the fight club clothing then, rather than putting it in the store on its own. And I have no desire to buy the set either since I have quite a few similar pieces already ...

They tried that with the Genesis morphs and the free item was the expressions. It did not work out well. They are probably afraid that something similar would happen if they tried again.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

Note that these are not DAZ items, they are still owned by Flipmode. Presumably it was done this way as the shoes are a limited time bonus, so they couldn't be made part of the main product (otherwise they'd either be missing when people who bought them reset their orders, or people who bought later would get them through a reset).

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited June 2012

:lol: At this price we need em with SHACKLES to keep them from being RIPPED OFF our figures...
    RE: See Adidias SHACKLE SNEEKERS http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/06/19/155348916/adidas-cancels-its-shackle-shoes

Post edited by Dream Cutter on
  • FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 881
    edited December 1969

Just to confirm, the shoes are not intended to be purchased at all, they are just a free bonus item during intro sale for the clothing set.

I didn`t know they would be listed this way either, I thought it`d just not be buyable at all, probably stating a $0 price. I actually mailed Daz earlier today because it confused me as much as you.

Anyway, sorry for the confusion!

edited December 1969

:lol: At this price we need em with SHACKLES to keep them from being RIPPED OFF our figures...
    RE: See Adidias SHACKLE SNEEKERS http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/06/19/155348916/adidas-cancels-its-shackle-shoes

They decided not to go with those shoes after all.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited June 2012

Note that these are not DAZ items, they are still owned by Flipmode. Presumably it was done this way as the shoes are a limited time bonus, so they couldn't be made part of the main product (otherwise they'd either be missing when people who bought them reset their orders, or people who bought later would get them through a reset).

I am just curious as to what is accomplished by having something available for a limited time only. How can you consider it as being something like a collectors item when you can't resell it because it was a limited edition. I collect limited edition WWII Aircraft, but I can resell them for a profit someday, 3D content can not be resold, so I do not understand.

Edited to add: The aircraft are 1:72 scale die-cast.

Post edited by ledhead on
  • Velvet GoblinVelvet Goblin Posts: 532
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

I am just curious as to what is accomplished by having something available for a limited time only. How can you consider it as being something like a collectors item when you can't resell it because it was a limited edition. I collect limited edition WWII Aircraft, but I can resell them for a profit someday, 3D content can not be resold, so I do not understand.

Edited to add: The aircraft are 1:72 scale die-cast.

Indeed. It does not really make sense.

I do not think it's a good idea to sell digital content and make its availability limited for a certain period of time. It invites people to rationalize pirating thusly, "Well I WOULD pay for it, but I can't even do that, so I'll just take it for free."

I'm not saying people are right for thinking this way. But lack of legal availability is one of the main reasons that items get downloaded illegally.

edited December 1969

I am fine if something is free with another purchase for a limited time, but later offered as a regular item at regular price. I just wish that the Genesis expressions will come back in the store when I have money for it. Or make it a permanent item so I can get it whenever.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

There are quite a few expression packs for Genesis Miss Wolf!

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/animations-poses/?cat=1098&compat_figures=28

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,792
    edited December 1969

having an exclusive limited time item means your renders can be unique giving one a bit if a status boost!
    so prob encourages people to buy the bundle.
    did not work on me as I am broke anyway!

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

I didn`t know they would be listed this way either, I thought it`d just not be buyable at all, probably stating a $0 price. I actually mailed Daz earlier today because it confused me as much as you.
    Anyway, sorry for the confusion!

I feel you do not need to say sorry at all.

I have throwed your many products in my wishlist since I know daz.
    Your products are so attractive for me, (and not low pice) that I am happy about your sell,

(though I hope the free bonus itmes are applied another set of your products.)

and this sale ease my frastration about the way of daz busineess.

I noticed the price of your free bonus shoes is shown as high price.

I'm convinced this is the way of daz business.

The more good products they sell , the more easy people notice the irresponsible of business.manner.

edited December 1969

Thanks kitakoredazu, glad you like my products!

I felt the need to say sorry because I want satisfied, happy customers...and obviously something went wrong here with the free bonus item ;)

I hope most people understand the price tag on the page is "fake", it`s a weird way of showing the product.

Ledhead, I think the comparison with collectors editions doesn`t really work. Those are usually extra expansive and have a chance to get more valueable over time. The shoes however are a free item.

Btw, my personal intention for not adding them to the clothing set was mostly that those are boxing shoes and the clothing set is MMA, so I wanted them seperated.

edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Thanks kitakoredazu, glad you like my products!

I felt the need to say sorry because I want satisfied, happy customers...and obviously something went wrong here with the free bonus item ;)

I hope most people understand the price tag on the page is "fake", it`s a weird way of showing the product.

Ledhead, I think the comparison with collectors editions doesn`t really work. Those are usually extra expansive and have a chance to get more valueable over time. The shoes however are a free item.

Btw, my personal intention for not adding them to the clothing set was mostly that those are boxing shoes and the clothing set is MMA, so I wanted them seperated.

I just put the shoes in my cart and it tells me I will owe 30+ dollars, that don't seem free to me.

edited December 1969

You need the shoes and the clothing in the cart at the same time, if I understand the instructions correctly.

edited December 1969

Well then, that means it's not free if you have to purchase something else. Give me $30,000 for my worn out pair of blue jeans and give you a free car.

edited December 1969

It didn't claim to be free - it's free with the clothes, as a limited time bonus.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

I am just curious as to what is accomplished by having something available for a limited time only.

The point is to encourage people to buy, as simple as that. I'd guess that for a lot of items the majority of sales occur during the initial offer period. An extra bonus during that period, that won't be available afterwards, will serve to encourage the waverers, who want it, but are hesitating on price (and are unlikely to buy once it's off offer) to buy while they can because of the perception they are getting something for nothing. Marketing is all about manipulating people's perceptions of value, and sale+limited time freebie is a powerful combination for convincing people they absolutely need to buy it NOW ;)

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Dear Flipmode, Would you mind the "limited bonus shoes" will be sold as "separate products" after your sales period finish?
    (though I will get your shoes on this sales with fight club clothing.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions/flipmode-store-sale/fm-fight-club-clothing/
    , Now I agonize which I buy,, G-suit, fighter set, or other awful sceane set .it is happy and agonizing)

I do not know the reasonable price (it is mostly of what items they want, and it is different by each,
    but the price of daz shop is obviously incorrect and dishonest. )

I feel limited items make people sad who hope to buy the item after events.

As for me, I often want to get items which was sold as sale price,

I regret not to buy it on sales , But even if I will buy it as high price, it is much better than I can never get it.

edited December 1969

...Would you mind the "limited bonus shoes" will be sold as "separate products" after your sales period finish?...

To be honest, yes. I just don`t see them as a sales item.
    But of course I understand that the whole bonus item thing didn`t quite play out the way intended.
    I thought customers of the clothing set would be happy about a little extra (and I guess they are), but didn`t expect anyone to be interested in the shoes alone.

For now, lets say I am aware of the issue and am thinking about it. But I can`t do anything about it on my own.

@DWG
    You are basicly right, it`s just a pretty negative way to look at it, and doesn`t really reflect what happened in this case.
    It`s really not an evil marketing campaign or something, I just found myself with an item I didn`t want to charge money for it. So it is indeed a bonus, and not something that was part of the price calculation.

• tyd2tyd2 Posts: 31
    edited December 1969

Hmm, well the shoes are featured in the current newsletter as a separate item with a SAVE 30% UNTIL 6/24 flag.

This kind of fake pricing is very illegal here in Australia.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on