nude previews in store

edited December 1969 in The Commons

"NOTE: Images below contain nudity. Your Personal ArtZone Gallery Filters will be applied when viewing. "

So how does this work? I don't wont to spend $40 on something sight-unseen.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

That will be a product that had images posted at the old Art Zone site, and linked from the page, as the store doesn't allow images with nudity. Unfortunately ArtZone was closed down and the images are therefore not available. There should be at least some, non-nude, images on the product page - if they aren't showing enough I would suggest searching the Deviant Art or Renderosity galleries for renders using the set.

• edited December 1969

I guess i don't understand why this is still an issue. This was a problem on the old site as well. Do the people working on the web pages not fix broken links? How many months has it been impossible to view the links on these pages?

Just to make sure. You are saying Daz has no plans to have nude previews of their products. Is that correct? And if I want previews of daz products I have to go to a competitors website to see them?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

Galleries are planned to be added later, once the rest of the site is working and any additions ahead of them in the queue have been dealt with. Whether they will have a flagging system like that in the old AZ galleries I don't know - it may well depend on how they are implemented. For now, given the complete lack of flags in the forum and the continuing policy on store images, there's no way to show breasts on female figures or genitals on either sex on the DAZ site.

As for updating the product pages, if you would post links I'll pass them on for attention.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited June 2012

As for updating the product pages, if you would post links I'll pass them on for attention.

The links to ArtZone went dead months before the store switchover, and the product pages never got fixed. All of the Gen4 Elite texture sets have this problem:
    Amy, Lana, Maya, Marie, Rob, Stratton, etc.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/?q=elite+texture

BTW, all of the elite textures are very fine products. Although I would prefer to buy them on sale, they are worth it.

Post edited by SlimerJSpud on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553
    edited December 1969

joe2235 said:
    I guess i don't understand why this is still an issue. This was a problem on the old site as well. Do the people working on the web pages not fix broken links? How many months has it been impossible to view the links on these pages?

Just to make sure. You are saying Daz has no plans to have nude previews of their products. Is that correct? And if I want previews of daz products I have to go to a competitors website to see them?

Don't hold your breath, it's the main reason i don't purchase character addons from DAZ usually, can't view all the product.. Even when Artzone was up, most DAZ vendors didn't have nude promos posted there.

I know it's a huge pain, but you can purchase and request a refund if the unseen parts of the product don't work for your project or contact the vendor for additional product promos.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

If you find an item on the Daz site, check for similar items by the same artist at one of the other sites where you get a more "complete" view of the product. That's one way to get around the problem. You will generally not be able to find the same item for sale here and on the other sites. The items are usually on exclusive status with each store. I did view all of the Elite texture previews on the old ArtZone site, and they all looked great. You might find sets on other sites at a better price too. Your choice.

• edited December 1969

I understand that most items are exclusive to daz. So they aren't competing item per item. But the other stores have lots of eye candy and I only have so much money. :down:

Also I found a lot of samples of the product and they aren't any where near as good as the few samples here. So I have actually learned something very valuble. I won't expect the same amazing results the Daz pros get. Instead I will be aware of what beginers like me will actually be able to do.:red:

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    edited December 1969

If I remember correctly, when I first discovered Daz3d, they had nude promos in their store. I remember looking at a M3 character I think and it showed his extra part or maybe it was M2. I never found out what happened to that product as I have never found it since.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

If I remember correctly, when I first discovered Daz3d, they had nude promos in their store. I remember looking at a M3 character I think and it showed his extra part or maybe it was M2. I never found out what happened to that product as I have never found it since.

Was you looking for the product or the extra part :question:

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

Was you looking for the product or the extra part :question:

I guess I was looking for the product but i cannot find it in the store so I guess it is no more.