GunShip WIP

wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
edited April 2013 in Hexagon Discussion

OSD Edge Creasing is making this project possible for me. don't think I could do it any other way.

But this is the extremely low poly project which will go to DAZ Studio eventually. Part of a larger one... This is going to be a gunship.... Many, but not all, of the edges will have level 1-3 creasing assigned to them in D|S... so I'm not even subdividing it in Hex save to check the parts that will be curved. The base cage will go directly into D|S once it's UVMapped.

Post edited by wancow on

Comments

• TapiocaTundraTapiocaTundra Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

Very interesting, have checked out your posts concerning the open sub division algorithm in Daz Studio, prey tell us from which version of Daz Studio does this apply and does it use more than one type of sub division now? personally I have not used Studio for a while and every time I check there seems to be a new release, the downloads are burning my wires :)

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited April 2013

OpenSubDiv is in the beta release 4.5.2.40 and yes, we now have Catmull-Clark (marked as Legacy subdiv) and Catmark (OpenSubDiv).

You reminded me I need to ask about the edge creasing... because I think it needs tweaking on the part of the Developer Team...

Post edited by wancow on
  • TapiocaTundraTapiocaTundra Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

Thank you wancow. Your post here was the first I had heard of "open subdivision" I fear that I am losing touch and not keeping up as usual.
    Here is a relevant Pixar Open Subdivision page that helped explain it a little more to me, if anyone is listening.

• Waleed - JordanWaleed - Jordan Posts: 0
    edited April 2013

wancow said:
    OSD Edge Creasing is making this project possible for me. don't think I could do it any other way.

But this is the extremely low poly project which will go to DAZ Studio eventually. Part of a larger one... This is going to be a gunship.... Many, but not all, of the edges will have level 1-3 creasing assigned to them in D|S... so I'm not even subdividing it in Hex save to check the parts that will be curved. The base cage will go directly into D|S once it's UVMapped.

nice ship , also you can depend on other styles try to experiment yourself with another software Like Bryce see this might you like

daaaa.JPG
    986 x 616 - 511K
    file_2428552.jpg
    850 x 532 - 478K
    pd_222_copy.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    Post edited by Waleed - Jordan on