Where Oh Where Have My Purchases Gone

DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,815
edited April 2013 in The Commons

So you purchased this wonderful new item and now you are all ready to go download it and make your wonderful artwork, but where oh where did that pesky download get to O.o

Well the following little tutorial will help you navigate your way to artistic bliss by helping you find those downloads which may be trying to hide from you :)

1. Once you have purchased your item, you want to go into "My Account" which you will find located in the upper Right Hand Corner of most pages throughout the site (might be all pages but in case not)

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on

Comments

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,815
    edited April 2013

2. Once you have clicked on that link you will see the following page. On this page you want to click on "Product Library" which will then take you to a list of all the products on your account (as seen in Screen Cap 3)

ScreenCap2.jpg
    1011 x 449 - 105K
    edited April 2013

3 & 4. Once in your Product Library you will see a list of your purchases which can be sorted by Name or by Purchase Date. (If for some reason these buttons are not working for you, please delete your cache and any cookie you may have for DAZ3D as it wasn't working for me and that solved the issue) If you click on the Name or Purchase Date Button a second time, it will reverse the order. So if you click name once it sorts the items from punctuation, then numbers, then A-Z. If you click it again then it switched the order to Z-A, then Numbers, then punctuation. Same goes for purchase date. Initially it will go newest to oldest. If you click the button a second time it will go oldest to newest.

ScreenCap3.jpg
    1007 x 890 - 154K
    ScreenCap4.jpg
    991 x 676 - 117K
    edited April 2013

5. You can also type in the field above the Name and Purchase Date Buttons (next to Filter and Clear) This will narrow your list down. So if you were to look for something you have for David, you would type David in the field and then click the Filter Button and it would bring up only items on the list that have David in their titles. If you searched for only Da in the word David then you would get a list of every store title that has those two letters together in the title so I suggest if using this feature to try to be as specific as possible. If after searching you would like to do a new search, click the Clear Button and then go to the next word you want to search. Starting a search after just finishing one without pressing clear will then search for the new term (like say Starter) within the last results. So in the case of David if we didn't clear and then searched Starter it would bring up all the items which had David in the title and then also the word Starter. This can be handy if you have a big list of items under specific headings and need to search even further within. (In my case if I search for Victoria my list is very very long so I could further search deeper by not clearing and adding a second filter like shoes which would give me all the Shoe packs I have bought for any version of Victoria.

ScreenCap5.jpg
    1002 x 823 - 144K
    edited April 2013

6. At the very bottom of the list you will find some squares with numbers as well as a field you can type in. To navigate through your download list, you can also use these numbers to jump around the list. In addition if you are looking for something that starts with the letter M and don't want to Filter your list by M (see #5 on how to do this) then you can use the blank field to type in a guesstimate of where you feel M would be to jump pages forward at a time. To do this, simply type the number and then press enter on your Keyboard. The total number of pages you have will be shown by the last number square at the bottom. So in my case, I have 57 Pages of Downloads. As rule of thumb if jumping page to page this way, try to think about how many of what letter you may have and where in the alphabet that letter is. With 57 Pages, for me to find M would be about half way through so checking page 28 or 29 would be a good place to start (57 Divided by 2 since M is about halfway through the Alphabet) and in my case letter M starts on Page 28 at the bottom and goes to Page 30 so it would have been a really good guess :)

ScreenCap6.jpg
    968 x 635 - 68K
    edited April 2013

Hope this helps! If you have any questions, please let me know :)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

6. At the very bottom of the list you will find some squares with numbers as well as a field you can type in.

Would it be possible to duplicate this at the top of the list, either above or below the filter/sort buttons? The new setup with the jump-to-page option is a big help, but right now I'm contantly scrolling up and down to see the top of the list, then see the page buttons.

Two other things: can we see more items on a page (preferably a lot more);

and can we see a visible difference — e.g. alternating background tints — in the left-hand list between items in different orders? (This was done in an earlier incarnation of the old all-in-one Purchase History page, and it was a great help to visualise at a glance what belonged in one order and what didn't.)

edited December 1969

6. At the very bottom of the list you will find some squares with numbers as well as a field you can type in.

Would it be possible to duplicate this at the top of the list, either above or below the filter/sort buttons? The new setup with the jump-to-page option is a big help, but right now I'm contantly scrolling up and down to see the top of the list, then see the page buttons.

Two other things: can we see more items on a page (preferably a lot more);

and can we see a visible difference — e.g. alternating background tints — in the left-hand list between items in different orders? (This was done in an earlier incarnation of the old all-in-one Purchase History page, and it was a great help to visualise at a glance what belonged in one order and what didn't.)

I'm not sure what they can or can't do but I will gladly pass on your thoughts for them to consider. I know I liked the alternating background as well and agree it would be nice to have the page number stuff at the top over at the bottom though not as big of a deal I don't think as breaking up the lines is for me personally :) Adjusting how many items can be viewed (like we can on the store pages) would also be vary nice especially for those of us with long lists. As I said, I can most definitely forward on your ideas though I can't guarantee what will or won't work out within the website since I don't do that end of things :) But I will definitely point out your post and ideas :)

• edited December 1969

It worked fine - thank you for your explanation!

Gina

edited December 1969

It worked fine - thank you for your explanation!

Gina

You're more then welcome! If you have any issues on how to find anything at all, please just let me know :)

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

Well done! I'm sure even non-noobs will appreciate this. I know that I did.:coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

Elowan said:
    Well done! I'm sure even non-noobs will appreciate this. I know that I did.:coolsmirk:

So glad it was helpful! :)

• majjcmemajjcme Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Thank you for your help! Great stuff! :-)

edited December 1969

majjcme said:
    Thank you for your help! Great stuff! :-)

You're Welcome! So glad it was helpful! :)

• edited December 1969

So what do I need the DAZ 3D Install Manager for if it doesn't actually download anything? Following your advice I was able to finally find the item and download it; it used to be much easier to do.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Obclown said:
    So what do I need the DAZ 3D Install Manager for if it doesn't actually download anything? Following your advice I was able to finally find the item and download it; it used to be much easier to do.

It does, but not everything is available through DIM yet.

• toothfaerietoothfaerie Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Daz never answered my question. I figured out how to download. My next question was that I was too stupid to believe your warning it wouldn't work on the new Apple OS. I'd been using Bryce for years on an older system and hoped it was patched for OS 10. I got no answer to my question of is a fix in the works. If not can you suggest an alternative, since I've already purchased the product and you have my money.
    Can anybody step up and answer?

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674
    edited December 1969

If it don't work on your system, I would ask for a refund. Maybe rebuy it when they get around to making it work right. That is my 2 cents at least. From lurking the forums, it seems to me MAC support is usually a bit lagged behind.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Daz never answered my question. I figured out how to download. My next question was that I was too stupid to believe your warning it wouldn't work on the new Apple OS. I'd been using Bryce for years on an older system and hoped it was patched for OS 10. I got no answer to my question of is a fix in the works. If not can you suggest an alternative, since I've already purchased the product and you have my money.
    Can anybody step up and answer?

As this was your first post to the forum I obviously didn't see any previous questions that you asked.

However over in the Bryce forum we do have this information about Bryce in the newer OS Xs

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/19948/

• rex_harrisonrex_harrison Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Thank you for your comprehensive instructions as to how to actually get your product once you have bought it. However the process is not straight forward and indeed is complicated. Would it not be easier for your customers, when they have purchased an item, to have a simple button which will download exactly what they ordered, including all the extras they need to install correctly. If it takes 3 pages to explain how to do it your way atm and there is a tutorial on it too just shows how complicated it can be, especially for old timers like me.

Rex