Unity claims that the numbers of tris is still higher than 65.000
however animations are quite fluid

did anybody have the same issue ?

PS

Any news for decimator in DAZ 4.5 ?

Comments

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

Decimator works for 4.5 as long as you have the Serial Number for purchasing it.

If you are using the Decimator for previous versions, that SN should work for 4.5

• hOsshOss Posts: 24
    edited December 1969

The tri count in Unity is based on a number of things other than just raw triangles. It considers the triangle, each material assigned to a vertice increases it's count (Shaders need to draw the vertice once for each material) as well as UV assignment ( if a vertice is on a UV seam, each UV island it's a part of counts as an extra "draw", increasing its "count."

Check out this video:

http://lesterbanks.com/2011/04/quicktip-vertices-unity-uvs-whats-the-deal/

-Patrick

• edited December 1969

Decimator works for 4.5 as long as you have the Serial Number for purchasing it.

If you are using the Decimator for previous versions, that SN should work for 4.5

thanks
    I have the serial number for decimator
    I thought that decinator does not work well ith 4.5
    am i wrong ?

• edited December 1969

hOss6969 said:
    The tri count in Unity is based on a number of things other than just raw triangles. It considers the triangle, each material assigned to a vertice increases it's count (Shaders need to draw the vertice once for each material) as well as UV assignment ( if a vertice is on a UV seam, each UV island it's a part of counts as an extra "draw", increasing its "count."

Check out this video:

http://lesterbanks.com/2011/04/quicktip-vertices-unity-uvs-whats-the-deal/

-Patrick

Thanks a lot
    Yes it make sense , actually I reduced the number of tris with decimator but I di not use Texture atlas

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

The Decimator plugin works in DS4, but requires a non-free serial number for activation - either from a paid-for copy of DS4Pro or from a separate Decimator license.