Black Is Beautiful II

Comments

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited December 1969

A new one by John Barker at Renderosity: American Woman for V4

It's ... Oprah.

I really can't quite imagine myself using an Oprah model, but it is very well done. And very very clearly Oprah.

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited April 2013

ZamuelNow said:
    Now this is interesting. A new merchant resource set that's different than the same one or two often repeated bases from 3D.sk

Where, where....?!!! :)

Post edited by Cymbidium on
  • ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Oh, I added it to the first post but it would have made sense to link to it in my comment: Mst Merchant Resource Sa

edited April 2013

Thanks Zamuel, I found it shortly after my post when I read my regular emails. :)

Post edited by Cymbidium on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

While it's not intended as an exact likeness, this was (I suppose obviously) inspired by one of the iconic images of the past several years. The character is a custom morph, with Zev0's aging morphs, a bit of Benjamin for M5, and some of the Ethnicity morphs, among other things. No diffuse texture (the bump map is from Benjamin). Lighting is an UberArea light and a couple of colored spotlights.

hope2c.jpg
    800 x 1035 - 245K
    edited December 1969

Neftis3D's store is currently on sale and there's a new voodoo inspired clothing set in Daz's store.

• gp139gp139 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

hi
    I know I have been away for a while but I found the time to work on a image, well it is the same image from before but I think it is better that before, as always I would like to know what you think and ideas on how it could be better

thanks

steam_punk_diva_1.jpg
    1000 x 605 - 261K
    edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    Neftis3D's store is currently on sale and there's a new voodoo inspired clothing set in Daz's store.

....talking of which....;) I really love this outfit!!

maman_Brijit_Rendo.jpg
    853 x 997 - 492K
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

One of my S5 girls...

DeborahPromo04.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 204K
  • LJWMLJWM Posts: 126
    edited April 2013

OMG!!!! Neo for David 5 looks fantastic! He has great skin and his lips look moist and very inviting. I just love him. I don't know who created him but finally the African gets as much care and accurate details as the rest of the guys. Congrats to whoever took the time to make him right. Love it. !!!!

Post edited by LJWM on
    edited April 2013

Hey Male-M3dia I love your S5 girl. Can you tell me what's her hair. I love the way it looks on her.

Post edited by LJWM on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

LJWM said:
    Hey Male-M3dia I love your S5 girl. Can you tell me what's her hair. I love the way it looks on her.

It's a hair by SWAM, I think it's on sale this weekend.

http://www.daz3d.com/pyrit-hair

edited April 2013

I need some help. I'm working on a cover for a new book. Here is the summary.

Demetrius is lost. He exists in a world that is foreign and hostile and he longs to go home. Yet he can’t remember ever having one. He is compelled to wonder the earth not knowing what he's looking for but can’t stop longing to find. The people he encounters make him physically ill and even their sounds and smells causes him pain.

But there is something else, a presence that is more terrifying then anything he has encountered with the people. He has no name for it but the evil is real and it will not give him a moments rest.

Danika is searching too. Her heart tells her there is something missing yet she doesn’t know what. The missing something is relentless and pulls at her contentment. She knows she must find out what it is but without knowing what to look for how will she ever find it.

Here's my problem. I have created this 3D art so far. I love the lighting and the poses. The figures look great but I just don't like the background. I tried moving the figures to several different settings but when I change the lighting to fit the setting I don't get the look as with this render. I want to keep it in this setting but I need something behind the male. Something like flame brushes of fire or lighting bolts...I don't know something. I am willing to change the background and the setting but I can't find something that I think is perfect.

I can't figure out anything that will make this cover "pop". If anyone has any ideas, please, please, please impart them to me. Thanks loads.

DIVINA_MALLUM_lighting_2_Render_Post_work.jpg
    1800 x 1100 - 1M
    Post edited by LJWM on
    edited December 1969

LJWM said:

It's a hair by SWAM, I think it's on sale this weekend.

http://www.daz3d.com/pyrit-hair

Thanks so much. I will check it out. I have tons and tons of hair and it seems I only use about 5 of them consistently. Hair is my biggest problem with creating characters.

edited December 1969

hi
    I know I have been away for a while but I found the time to work on a image, well it is the same image from before but I think it is better that before, as always I would like to know what you think and ideas on how it could be better

The textures and materials on the woman look fine. The problem that immediately sticks out is the bike. The motorcycle lacks any sort of metallic sheen to it so it doesn't look like it fits the scene. There's a few freebie metal shaders floating around that could be of use. BTW, which bike is that? Might try to work on a more direct example.

LJWM said:

-snip-

Here's my problem. I have created this 3D art so far. I love the lighting and the poses. The figures look great but I just don't like the background. I tried moving the figures to several different settings but when I change the lighting to fit the setting I don't get the look as with this render. I want to keep it in this setting but I need something behind the male. Something like flame brushes of fire or lighting bolts...I don't know something. I am willing to change the background and the setting but I can't find something that I think is perfect.

I can't figure out anything that will make this cover "pop". If anyone has any ideas, please, please, please impart them to me. Thanks loads.

I'd say that there's a color contrast problem. A lot of white and grey is blending together so making either his clothes or the background darker would help it stand out. Other options are to add depth of field or adjust your lighting/shadow angle. I tend to parent my lights to a null at the center of the scene and simply rotate the null when needing to change the angle.

Also, the woman's eyes are unfocused which is a little unsettling.

edited December 1969

I tend to parent my lights to a null at the center of the scene and simply rotate the null when needing to change the angle.

I'm don't know what this means of how to "parent a null". I'm still learning. But I did buy yet another light training system and I have to say every one of them are really bad. They click through stuff so quickly that I can't figure out what they are cllicking on and why. Then they use old versions of Daz3d and I can't find the tab they are using. It's really bad when they are the ones trying to teach something. Anyway, thanks so much for your reply. Maybe I can make this work.

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

You go to the Create menu, choose Null, position it to the center of the scene where you'd like your lights to rotate around, then in the Scene tab drag all the lights into it. Then you can rotate the null and the lights will stay in the same place relative to each other, they'll just spin around the scene.

A null is basically like an invisible container for grouping objects so you can work with them all at once.

• gp139gp139 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

zamuelnow

thanks for the info at second look the bike does look dull, and that why I ask, I will look into the sharers and try it again

thanks

edited December 1969

You go to the Create menu, choose Null, position it to the center of the scene where you'd like your lights to rotate around, then in the Scene tab drag all the lights into it. Then you can rotate the null and the lights will stay in the same place relative to each other, they'll just spin around the scene.

A null is basically like an invisible container for grouping objects so you can work with them all at once.

Thank you so much. I was able to use it. I don't know if it's really that great. It just created an additional step to light placement. And several times I had to delete the setup altogether because it restriced where my placement of the light too much.

But I am glad to know how it works.

edited April 2013

ZamuelNow said:
    hi

The textures and materials on the woman look fine. The problem that immediately sticks out is the bike. The motorcycle lacks any sort of metallic sheen to it so it doesn't look like it fits the scene. There's a few freebie metal shaders floating around that could be of use. BTW, which bike is that? Might try to work on a more direct example.

LJWM said:

-snip-

I'd say that there's a color contrast problem. A lot of white and grey is blending together so making either his clothes or the background darker would help it stand out. Other options are to add depth of field or adjust your lighting/shadow angle. I tend to parent my lights to a null at the center of the scene and simply rotate the null when needing to change the angle.

Also, the woman's eyes are unfocused which is a little unsettling.

Hi Zam. thanks loads for the help on this. I re-did the whole render. As for her eyes I added a focal point for it and turned the render in scene for it off. Also I tired several times to make his eyes look at the camera. I undirected them and redirected them. I closed Daz3d and tried again. It's didn't work but I will try again once I make any changes suggested. I like it because it reveals the story well. I wanted some of the light to come from the fire and some of it to come from the angel. She is supposed to glow but I wanted her human nubian ethnicity to show as well. I like that her skin doesn't look ashy. Her legs glow. In addition her face glows as does her wings and some of the light from the wings makes her face glow even more. The male ethnicty is anicent Roman before the beginning of the Roman Empire but he is to look dark because there's no light in or on him. But I like the back light because it creates a bit of glow to his shoulders. I have not done any postwork and there is break through on the render. I don't want to do any postwork until I get the render as perfect as I can.

But here's my problem. I tried to add depth of focus but when I do, most of the angel's body becomes out of focus. I don't know now to set the focus right so that only the parts I want out of focus works. While the depth of focus isn't all that necessary I still feel that there should be something...shadows of something that will keep it from looking so flat. I tried to create shadows on the ground under the fire but what I've done in the past in Daz3d Pro 4.0 doesn't work anymore in Daz3d Pro 4.5.

In addition I don't mind that she looks likes she's floating, she is an angel but I'm thinking maybe that's where I should have some shadows but where would the light come from? The fire is too far and an angel's glow shouldn't cast shadows. She is the one glowing not from some other source of light. There is a bit of shadow at the column wall behind the male but it's very light and doesn't help to give the scene the 3d look.

I will probably work with the bush in the front some or remove it altogether but I'm thinking I will work with it to help give the scene more depth. Anyway, anything you can see that will help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Divina_Maluma_-_Reworking_Daz_Render_7.gif
    1800 x 1012 - 910K
    Post edited by LJWM on
    edited May 2013

Here's some great hair that can be used with Daz3d.
    Asteria Hair.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/asteria-hair/94138/

Post edited by LJWM on
    edited December 1969

Thanks. Also added another hair and a character to the first post.

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Well here is the latest project I am working on, still incomplete. This is my take on Bishop from Uncanny X-men. Still not sure if I should leave him bald or add some hair.

Bishop_3.jpg
    1481 x 1871 - 388K
    edited May 2013

I like Bishop bald but what in the world is wrong with Bishop's lower half? What exactly am I seeing? I'm a woman and those kinds of things are important. LOL.

Post edited by LJWM on
    edited December 1969

What about his lower half?

• islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

I don't know,but I think LJWM is asking where the bulge is as that area is looking like a girls Tani as my 6 year old calls it...sorry. If I am wrong then maybe LJWM could clarify :-(. I do like the look of you character though :-).

edited December 1969

How's this

Bishop_9.jpg
    1469 x 2000 - 401K
    edited June 2013

Much better John. He now looks like a man should.

Islandgurl is right. That 'gray' area between his legs looks like what I've seen from a bull elephant in heat. Then the fact that he had no budge above that area made me think he was loosing his "parts" down his leg. Now he looks like it's all where it's supposed to be.

Post edited by LJWM on
    edited December 1969

Hi Zam,
    I found some more hair on Renderosity called "Crinkly-Hair". It's beautiful and it can also be used in Daz.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/crinkly-hair-for-v4-/55340/

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    Bit of a resource post: thanks to the previous render somebody asked me what I thought of the detail of Adham's palms and feet, so I wound up test-rendering my five darkest Genesis skin-textures from DAZ: Raw VooDoo, Adham, TyreseM5, Candace, and Benjamin . . .

Thanks, that's actually quite useful. Wish more promos would show the palms and soles of characters.
    Original post's here if anybody wants to see the pics -- below's the palm shot from the promos of the new Wynn M5.
    wynnpromos19-palm.jpg
    350 x 455 - 35K