Audubon's Birthday Sale Continues at 30% New Items and Back Catalog Sale (Commercial)

Songbird ReMixSongbird ReMix Posts: 289
edited April 2013 in The Commons

Songbird Remix Vultures2, A Bird in the Hand (paired bird/human poses), Corvus corvus (Crow/Raven bundle) and the Big Kahuna Bundle are here for my annual Audubon's Birthday Charity Sale. April 25-29

Just Added--April 30th
In some years, I've extended my Audubon Sale at a lesser percentage for a week... sort of as a "Catch-up" sale for those who have now played with the birds a bit and decided they needed a few more to make their their roost complete. DAZ asked me if this is one of the years' I'm be willing to do that so, yes...

Audubon Birthday sale continues for 1 week at 30% off all items in my catalog

My annual Audubon's Birthday sale donates 25% (or more) of the sale's proceeds to the protection of endangered bird species by using programs such as Audubon California's "5 Dollars, 5 Birds". That's means, with almost every purchase, you will be saving a least one endangered Tri-colored Blackbird as seen in the "Field of Birds" YouTube video.

They wait...

Post edited by Songbird ReMix on

Comments

• Songbird ReMixSongbird ReMix Posts: 289
    edited December 1969

They hunger...

HoodedVulture.JPG
    1600 x 1202 - 229K
    edited December 1969

...but it's up to you and your imagination to feed them.

zombies_worst_nightmare1.JPG
    1387 x 822 - 171K
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

Wow so this is how they will clean up after the Zombie Apocalypse ,vultures ,so I'm gonna assume they are immune to zombification ......they look great Ken.

edited April 2013

carrie58 said:
    Wow so this is how they will clean up after the Zombie Apocalypse ,vultures ,so I'm gonna assume they are immune to zombification ......they look great Ken.

Thanks... Vultures do have the ability to eat harmful bacteria without any problem, so I'd assume they're immune to Zombie bacteria.

Vultures2 has 12 new vulture species including the Greater Yellow-headed Vulture ("they wait" in thread), the Hooded Vultures (who cry "Mama, mama" when disturbed and in "they hunger" image in thread), the Indian and Himalayan Vultures (Zombie image), the White-rumped and White-basked vultures, the Slender-billed Vulture, the Lesser Yellow-headed Vulture, the King Vulture (with it's turkey-like wattle), the Cape Vulture, Rüppell's Vulture and the long-awaited and requested Lammergeier or Bearded Vulture (shown below, with the white-rumped and slender billed).

vulturescover3.JPG
    1000 x 1300 - 277K
    Post edited by Songbird ReMix on
  • GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,543
    edited December 1969
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited April 2013

First thing that went through my mind was this

Bizarre - hit Submit post and ... ended up on my account page ... wtf??? This is a re-submit!

Post edited by SimonJM on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

They are so *cute*. I've no idea what I'll do with them, but I've got to have them.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Needs a bib and knife and fork props. ;-P

The Lammergeier, isn't that the one that drops bones onto rocks to crack them? A very nice set, have to get this to go with the other vultures.

edited December 1969

...The Lammergeier, isn't that the one that drops bones onto rocks to crack them? A very nice set, have to get this to go with the other vultures.

Yes, the Lammergeier usually disdains the actual meat, living on a diet that is typically compromised of 85-90% bone marrow. This is the only living bird species that specializes in feeding on marrow. The Lammergeier has learned to crack bones too large to be swallowed by carrying them in flight to a height of 50–150 m (160–490 ft) above the ground and then dropping them onto rocks below, which smashes them into smaller pieces and exposes the nutritious marrow.

He also is consider the "missing link" between hawks and vultures because he has characteristics of both, plus a cool looking beard.

38-Promo1.JPG
    1000 x 1300 - 102K
  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814
    edited December 1969

These look really great! Are they out yet? How about now? Now? I've always been a big fan of all your sets :)

edited December 1969

These look really great! Are they out yet? How about now? Now? I've always been a big fan of all your sets :)

Thank-you, Ann... there will be a little wait, but not too much... the end of April is always an important time for me with Earth Day (on Monday) and Audubon's Birthday late in the week :)

I'll show more vultures soon, but let me now share a preview of a couple renders from my "Bird in the Hand" pose set which pairs V4, M4, Genesis, V5 and M5 with a variety of Songbird Remix bird base models...

Below are the title paired "A Bird in the Hand" (V4/Songbird base) and a pose called "Flight Controller" (M4/WF4 base) . Nerd 3D's great swamp set is in the background of "Flight Controller".

flightcontroller2.JPG
    1387 x 822 - 187K
    BirdintheHand_1.JPG
    1000 x 1300 - 186K
    edited December 1969

Love the first one with the bird...so serene :) And can't wait for the release! :)

edited December 1969

...The Lammergeier, isn't that the one that drops bones onto rocks to crack them? A very nice set, have to get this to go with the other vultures.

Yes, the Lammergeier usually disdains the actual meat, living on a diet that is typically compromised of 85-90% bone marrow. This is the only living bird species that specializes in feeding on marrow. The Lammergeier has learned to crack bones too large to be swallowed by carrying them in flight to a height of 50–150 m (160–490 ft) above the ground and then dropping them onto rocks below, which smashes them into smaller pieces and exposes the nutritious marrow.

He also is consider the "missing link" between hawks and vultures because he has characteristics of both, plus a cool looking beard.

I really LOVE this one :) Very very cool! :)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

The pose set came out nice Ken

Just doing a Lux render of the King Vulture and should be cooked in a couple of days. Had an isssue with the head fluff, not from your work but with Luxus/Lux settings. I will post more about the issue so others can learn from it when I post the image.

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Man looking good Ken looking good !!!

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

These look fantastic. I don't yet have any of your beautiful birds so I'm trying to keep some of my budget for the end of the month. Otherwise I have a feeling I'll be kicking myself. :)

edited December 1969

thanks everyone...

Here's a couple more images from the "Bird in the Hand" pose set... The top image is a pose called "Pet Bird" and has settings to use the Owl, Vulture, large Songbird and large parrot model bases (Owl with M5 shown). The bottom image is the pose set called appropriately "Hitchcockian" and has settings for V4, M4, Genesis, V5 and M5 plus using either the Songbird base or the WF3 Gull model base. (Western Gulls and V4 shown)

hitchcockian.JPG
    1000 x 1300 - 73K
    BirdintheHandPoseSet1.JPG
    1000 x 1300 - 242K
  • BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited April 2013

I love looking at Vultures. We usually do a bit of vulture watching in Southern France each year. There are colonies in the central Pyrenees near the Cols de Aspin and Tourmalet and in the Alps on the cliffs north of the town of Die (yes it is called that but pronounced Dee). You rarely get very close though just occasionally one will land nearby.

They were reintroduced because they "clean up" lambs and sheep that die out on the mountain, usually through falls. It probably keeps the wolves away as they have also been reintroduced. I'm less keen on wolves but have not seen any in the wild. Yet. Not sure if I want to meet one really.

vultures.jpg
    250 x 178 - 31K
    Post edited by Baglet on
    edited December 1969

I have never seen a vulture with my own eyes apart from on TV and it is amazing how graceful they look when in the air.

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

For Szark:

it is amazing how graceful they look when in the air

It's hard to get good photos unless you have all the proper birding cameras. I think we have some film somewhere. This is one of the Alpine Egyptian vultures. Last year was a bit dissapointing as we only saw a couple. They may have moved to other cliffs.

vulture2.jpg
    321 x 205 - 6K
    edited December 1969

I have done some bird photography in the past but never something that high up. It must be a joy to watch them soaring above you. Thanks

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited April 2013

carrie58 said:

I read this and thought I really need a zombie texture for them...lol

Ken, Is the owl one of yours? If so I must have missed that one...can you tell me which pack it is from?

thanks

Pen

Post edited by Pendraia on
    edited April 2013

no not the zombie vultures...I here they have a wicked appetite for live flesh...raw and wriggling

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    no not the zombie vultures...I here they have a wicked appetite for live flesh...raw and wriggling

rofl....I can see the renders now....rofl
    edited December 1969

thanks everyone...

sort of on cue, I open the back door of my office on atop the utility pole was a Turkey Vulture.

Zombies-- for my render, I used RawArt's great zombie textures with the M4/V4 UV settings on Genesis... if you search "zombie" at the DAZ store you'll see numerous choices.

Owls... yes I have owls. There's also some free items for them in my SongbirdReMix.com downloads.

If you're looking for a specific bird and wonder if I've created it yet... I strongly suggest my Bird wiki... besides getting a non-postwork image of the bird, you get all the cool details about it's real-life counterpart and a link at the bottom of page that will direct you to where you can get it.

DSC_2362.JPG
    800 x 536 - 45K
    edited December 1969

thanks everyone...

sort of on cue, I open the back door of my office on atop the utility pole was a Turkey Vulture.

Zombies-- for my render, I used RawArt's great zombie textures with the M4/V4 UV settings on Genesis... if you search "zombie" at the DAZ store you'll see numerous choices.

Owls... yes I have owls. There's also some free items for them in my SongbirdReMix.com downloads.

If you're looking for a specific bird and wonder if I've created it yet... I strongly suggest my Bird wiki... besides getting a non-postwork image of the bird, you get all the cool details about it's real-life counterpart and a link at the bottom of page that will direct you to where you can get it.

thanks for the links Ken...I missed your owls previously. I just like owls...; )

edited December 1969

another vulture sneak preview... this one using the new King Vulture and the lesser Yellow-headed vulture, plus the American Black Vulture (from Vultures1). Also shown is the new carrion prop. The comes in different sizes and hides-- the default brown fur is shown but there's also zebra, elephant, giraffe, antelope, sheep and more.

kingrender.JPG
    1387 x 822 - 287K
    edited December 1969

Today is Earth Day
    Even doing one small green thing helps

sparrowsandcottage.jpg
    1368 x 843 - 220K
    edited December 1969

more images...

The Rüppell's Vulture is considered to be the highest-flying bird, with confirmed evidence of a flight at an altitude of 11,000 m (36,100 ft) above sea level. The birds have a specialized variant of the hemoglobin alphaD subunit; this protein has a high affinity for oxygen, which allows the species to take up oxygen efficiently despite the low partial pressure in the upper troposphere. In August 2010, a Rüppell's Vulture escaped a bird of prey site in Scotland, prompting warnings to pilots in the area to keep an eye out due to the danger of collision.

Bottom-- the two Bundles to be released for my Audubon sale...

Corvus-Main.JPG
    1000 x 1300 - 165K
    BK-MAIN.JPG
    1000 x 1300 - 217K
    ruppells1.JPG
    1300 x 1000 - 176K