Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?

Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    It's not art...but I wanted to see what would happen if the hulk got bit by the werewolf LOL

Rawn

"You wouldn't like me when I'm angry during a full moon."
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Holy smokes Batman! I so can see Banner going into Were transform and that causing the Hulk transform and then both Transforms fighting until the finished shape happened.

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,750
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Holy smokes Batman! I so can see Banner going into Were transform and that causing the Hulk transform and then both Transforms fighting until the finished shape happened.

They've had worse storylines before LOL

Rawn

• equinoxx5equinoxx5 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

equinoxx5 said:
    "Seven Strong Redux"

Revisiting a concept: the original Silver Age founding membership of the Justice League (what can I say... I like my League old-school and my Earths infinite); this time, in a composition inspired by the title card/promo image from the DCAU interpretation.

Since my first version of "Seven Strong" almost two years ago, all of the character morphs, custom suit textures and some props and accessories were lost in a catastrophic hard drive failure; each of the characters has been completely redone (wardrobe mostly by Joe, with a bit of Nadino, Ravenhair, Tyler McDowell, TerryMcG/RAMWolff, Duda and Vadlor thrown in).

(Full-full size -- even biggerer -- on my dA account)

What, no Snapper Carr? :roll:

Point taken.

Rally 'Round the Mascot
    When the Justice League of America first appeared (in The Brave and the Bold #28, March 1960), the roster included the seven founding heroes, and an eighth, honorary member: Lucas "Snapper" Carr. Created by Gardner Fox and Mike Sekowsky, Snapper, a teenager from Happy Harbor, Rhode Island, was meant to be a character young readers could relate to, in lieu of the various members' teen sidekicks. When the alien echinoderm Starro threatens the Earth with its mind control powers, leading to the teaming of the heroes who would become known as the Justice League of America, Snapper is found to be immune to the invader's psionic domination (he'd just finished spreading lime on his lawn, you see). The nascent League adopted Snapper as an unofficial mascot, and in the early days, he was a fixture in their Secret Sanctuary headquarters. Carr would resign his honorary membership after The Joker manipulated him into revealing the location of the Secret Sanctuary.

[full-full size in my dA gallery]

RallyRoundTheMascot_8x10.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 489K
  • Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

equinoxx5 said:
    equinoxx5 said:
    "Seven Strong Redux"

Revisiting a concept: the original Silver Age founding membership of the Justice League (what can I say... I like my League old-school and my Earths infinite); this time, in a composition inspired by the title card/promo image from the DCAU interpretation.

Since my first version of "Seven Strong" almost two years ago, all of the character morphs, custom suit textures and some props and accessories were lost in a catastrophic hard drive failure; each of the characters has been completely redone (wardrobe mostly by Joe, with a bit of Nadino, Ravenhair, Tyler McDowell, TerryMcG/RAMWolff, Duda and Vadlor thrown in).

(Full-full size -- even biggerer -- on my dA account)

What, no Snapper Carr? :roll:

Point taken.

Rally 'Round the Mascot
    When the Justice League of America first appeared (in The Brave and the Bold #28, March 1960), the roster included the seven founding heroes, and an eighth, honorary member: Lucas "Snapper" Carr. Created by Gardner Fox and Mike Sekowsky, Snapper, a teenager from Happy Harbor, Rhode Island, was meant to be a character young readers could relate to, in lieu of the various members' teen sidekicks. When the alien echinoderm Starro threatens the Earth with its mind control powers, leading to the teaming of the heroes who would become known as the Justice League of America, Snapper is found to be immune to the invader's psionic domination (he'd just finished spreading lime on his lawn, you see). The nascent League adopted Snapper as an unofficial mascot, and in the early days, he was a fixture in their Secret Sanctuary headquarters. Carr would resign his honorary membership after The Joker manipulated him into revealing the location of the Secret Sanctuary.

[full-full size in my dA gallery]

Hehe, sorry, had to ask, he has strange place in my childhood memory. He showed up again in the giant Justice League of America #200 which I thought was about the coolest thing ever when I bought it about thirty-one years ago when I was a wee lad. He's shown up in a lot of the animated series in various forms and probably in a lot of comics I missed over the years. He was weird even for the gimmick characters, he wore really ugly clothes and snapped his fingers all the time. Although in JLA #200, his gimmick seemed to be contagious, as poor Firestorm ended the comic snapping his fingers unintentionally.

edited April 2013

Another Hulk pic

Hulk vs MechBots

Rawn

mechswing.jpg
    1075 x 886 - 298K
    Post edited by RawArt on
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

My comment on DA should have been your caption:

PUNY MECH! WHAM! WHAM! WHAM! WHAM! WHAM! WHAM! WHAM! WHAM! WHAM! WHAM! WHAM!

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited April 2013

Sixus1's original Behemoth as the Silver Surfer. (Yes, my shader does real reflections!)

ETA: Thanks a heap to BishounenTaurus for the Manga Light Sets!

Silver_Surfer_#3.png
    447 x 582 - 318K
    Post edited by Eustace Scrubb on
  • PGandaraPGandara Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

is hard to see renders from the new 52s , i guess not many ppl like the costumes, but some of them are very awesome, well, i was practicing with the m4 and v4 bodysuit :)

424497_10200669666095545_543205236_n.jpg
    651 x 960 - 72K
    381533_10200679222134440_589522063_n.jpg
    960 x 768 - 68K
    edited December 1969

same hulk shot...different POV

Rawn

mechshot.jpg
    1075 x 886 - 245K
  • BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 791
    edited April 2013

Since RawArt has been posting Hulk pictures I thought I'd share a couple of my own. Comments are always welcome.

Credits:
    Hulk - Smay
    Spider-man textures, so is and mask - Joe Quick and Sturkwurk
    Iron Man - Zikeo
    Captain America's Shield - Joe Quick

Thwipp_This_Comic.png
    612 x 792 - 270K
    Hulk_Broke_Caps_Shield.png
    612 x 792 - 681K
    Post edited by BrianP21361 on
  • JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited December 1969

Since RawArt has been posting Hulk pictures I thought I'd share a couple of my own. Comments are always welcome.

Credits:
    Hulk - Smay
    Spider-man textures - Joe Quick
    Iron Man - Zikeo
    Captain America's Shield - Joe Quick

Sturk put all the hard work in on those textures. I did the comparatively easy task of making the mask and (later) socks.

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 791
    edited December 1969

Joe,

I updated the post to give proper credit. Thanks.

edited December 1969

hi ppl, im doing this Black Canary suit (the new 52s one) and i need some help: is there any way in renders to make the suit glow, without that blue borrow in the legs? that section in the suit its supose to be transparent and other question i have is theres any tip to make a pair of stockings or fishnets who work as 2nd skin? or where i could find some of those :s

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_manu7aP5hF1qit8hho1_500.png

BCsuit.jpg
    588 x 600 - 47K
  • Laticis ImageryLaticis Imagery Posts: 439
    edited December 1969

Very recent work...larger image and description can be viewed here:
    http://laticis.deviantart.com/art/A-Beacon-of-Hope-368314669?q=gallery:laticis&qo=0

a_beacon_of_hope_by_laticis.jpg
    703 x 1137 - 170K
    edited December 1969

Laticis said:
    http://laticis.deviantart.com/art/A-Beacon-of-Hope-368314669?q=gallery:laticis&qo=0

Looks like you cast Channing Tatum as Superman :)

Nice picture!

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,250
    edited December 1969

hi ppl, im doing this Black Canary suit (the new 52s one) and i need some help: is there any way in renders to make the suit glow, without that blue borrow in the legs? that section in the suit its supose to be transparent and other question i have is theres any tip to make a pair of stockings or fishnets who work as 2nd skin? or where i could find some of those :s

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_manu7aP5hF1qit8hho1_500.png

To make the areas of the suit glow, make a black and white version of your texture and make all the parts you want to glow white. Make everything else black.

Then use that image under the Ambient settings, with the ambient color set to whatever effect you want. You'll need to play with how strong of a glow you'll want, but it shoudl work.

edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    Laticis said:

Nice picture!

LOL :)

Thank you RawArt

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

That blue 'glow' is the specular highlight. Be sure Multiply Specular Through Opacity is on.

edited December 1969

Laticis said:
    RawArt said:
    Laticis said:

Nice picture!

LOL :)

Thank you RawArt

Looks fantastic.

I actually separated the bracers and the leather straps and boots in zbrush so I can use on different superheroes. Such great accessories.

I might post a picture of my superman as well later if i have the time :)

Thanks, look forward to seeing your image.
    He did a pretty good job on the modelling.

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

Laticis said:

That is awesome! Does this suit work for Genesis?

edited December 1969

Tomorrow I have to start an animation project that will sideline me for the rest of the week... so I thought I would let you in on my one of the many parts of my upcoming supersuit expansion.

Spiderman for the Supersuit.

It is obviously a WIP but you can see my new and working geografted hood for the Supersuit. There will be a lot of cleanup once i get the webs finished.

More to come once i can work on it again next week.

Hey Randall - So how are your SuperSuit expansions coming along?

edited December 1969

Finished Black Canary, it could be better, but well

BCfinal_image_resize.jpg
    500 x 600 - 127K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

She looks great to me! Nice job!

edited May 2013

Geminii23 said:
    Laticis said:

Thank you. It sure does, quite well actually with Autofit.
    Had to do some post work on the Suit Accessories in some areas due to my shaping.

Post edited by Laticis Imagery on
    edited December 1969

Laticis said:
    Geminii23 said:
    Laticis said:

Thank you. It sure does, quite well actually with Autofit.
    Had to do some post work on the Suit Accessories in some areas due to my shaping.

So I have been experimenting with the suit and it seems to load fairly well on Genesis. I had to increase the scale to 101% to remove some of the poke through, but otherwise it seemed to fit well.

I do have a few issues though. Can you tell me how you were able to get a cape to work with this? I have tried the Supercape for Genesis with no luck so far. I also am having trouble getting the boots to look good in certain poses.

Lastly, can you tell me the difference between loading the mos_final vs. the mos_morphs?

Thanks.

edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:

So I have been experimenting with the suit and it seems to load fairly well on Genesis. I had to increase the scale to 101% to remove some of the poke through, but otherwise it seemed to fit well.

I do have a few issues though. Can you tell me how you were able to get a cape to work with this? I have tried the Supercape for Genesis with no luck so far. I also am having trouble getting the boots to look good in certain poses.

Lastly, can you tell me the difference between loading the mos_final vs. the mos_morphs?

Thanks.

Hi Geminii23,

The boots where modeled for M4 so I don't think you will have much luck there on Genesis. I got lucky with my foot pose plus I used post work to fix issues. As for the cape, I fitted it to Genesis and used its existing morphs to get something close then polished off in ZBrush with GoZ to move things around. Got lucky in the long run with the appearance otherwise I was planning post work for that too.

I have been having some issues with GoZ at the moment moving the objects placement in the DS scene, still haven't worked out why.

As for the difference with the suit, couldnt tell ya sorry. I just used the FINAL one cause it said Final :)
    and had a pretty thumbnail.

Cheers Laticis

• ArchWorksArchWorks Posts: 43
    edited December 1969

:D something different

green_lantern_ring_done.jpg
    1408 x 1296 - 180K
  • JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited December 1969

I haven't tried it out, but it looks like inlite studios has put out a free m4 iron man armor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDcvdywybm8

http://inlitestudio.com/3d/product/ironman-suit/

• MADMANMIKEMADMANMIKE Posts: 407
    edited December 1969

I've started a new job finally after 16+ months of workers comp and recovering from my accident, and the job is great. I'm an adult chaperone for three autistic young adults, two Aspies and one full autistic. I'm an Aspie myself so we get along well, and most of my time on the clock that isn't spent getting them to do their chores is spent playing video games and watching TV.

So last Friday I took my computer to work with me and the oldest client pulled out some drawings he did of a team of super heroes. We opened up D|S (2.3 as I still don't have 4 working on my new computer) and put together this image of the team in a few short hours..

From left to right we have WildFire, LightningRod, Earthquake and Tsunami. All are David3 with textures we put together on the spot in Photoshop; Helmet, gloves and boots are from Xurge's LARVA, goggles on all but LightningRod are from M3's Scout, the belt and lightning strikes on LightningRod are off Vadlor's GuyVest, and the other belts are from Andromeda.

DonniesHeroesDS.jpg
    1500 x 964 - 1015K
This discussion has been closed.