Update on Issues with Platinum Club Renewals

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

UHF said:
    XiMiX said:
    I am having an issue with my PC membership auto-renewing.

You are showing as a PC member for the forum - are you seeing PC prices and discounts in the store?

How come I am not? I don't understand.

You are not shwoing as a PC member for some reason. I think you may need to file a support ticket to sales.

• WhiteWineWhiteWine Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

I got myself a ticked and as I opend the response from DAZ3D (ca1-magweb.daz3d.com) I'm getting asked for username and password...
    I have only seen anything like that in Phishing mails before... do I have to log in with my usual username and password?

This is really strange since the email is the username and so DAZ could be pretty sure that I'm the one who get the response.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,342
    edited December 1969

That is a bug that has been reported. We thought it had been fixed. It is referencing the beta site. We'll let them know they are still pointing to the wrong place.

edited June 2012

LeeMellon said:
    I got myself a ticked and as I opend the response from DAZ3D (ca1-magweb.daz3d.com) I'm getting asked for username and password...
    I have only seen anything like that in Phishing mails before... do I have to log in with my usual username and password?

This is really strange since the email is the username and so DAZ could be pretty sure that I'm the one who get the response.

I got a support confirmation ticket, as you describe. I simply clicked on the sign in panel, to send it away, and could them read the support ticket. Clicked on the link which took me to Zendesk, and I could see that my ticket had been filed.

I then flagged up what had happened and it has been reported to Daz. It is nothing to worry about, just some remnats remaining from The beta site testing, as Frank has said. Again looks like something that wasn't purged from the cache for the automatic response generator.

THe support ticket is fine and has been logged,
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • IndigoneIndigone Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

What kind of issues will qualify an annual PC member to get an extra month? Is despising the new website and not wanting to come shop until I can see the new releases easier an issue? Is not wanting to come to these forums until I can find a thread an issue? Not that it really matters, but I have no clue whether I have gotten the $6 coupon/voucher/whatever it is. And even if I did, I wouldn't know how to figure out what is new in the store in order to even use it.

edited December 1969

The PC club £6 coupon is here, together with instructions as to how to use it.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1934/

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

And it can be used on anything with Daz as the vendor, the Daz Originals, that is also not a platinum club 1.99 item.

• IndigoneIndigone Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the information. So now, to get the coupon, I will need to prowl these imperfect forums and find the coupon first, then prowl the imperfect store and find something to apply it to? Yea, um.. Really? Is that what they actually expect from customers who paid in advance? Not rhetorical, I just really want to know if that's what they expect.

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Yeah. It's not exactly an easy task to find a DAZ Original either. If you sort by price so you can jump past the 20 something pages of $1.99 PC products which are ineligible for the coupon, then you have to wade through pages of years of content all scrambled together. After an hour of doing that, I still hadn't found a DAZ Original I liked that I hadn't already purchased, but I'd seen plenty of content that was pre Gen4. Amazing so much older content escaped being vaulted.

Fortunately, the next day DAZ removed the New Releases exception, and I was able to purchase the DAZ Original product by DM. But, it's going to be rather annoying if DAZ doesn't provide a category for products the monthly coupon (and those "special" coupons) can be used on.

As it is, with the store so f'd up, it's next to impossible to be sure you can even see all the products that are available. And, being limited to 15 products per page just doesn't cut it. But 60 products per page does not include all products released.

My shopping habit at DAZ has changed dramatically since the new site. While I was no longer purchasing $200+ a month because of the decrease in products available for Poser, I was still checking the store several times a day. Now, I go days without checking the store or the forums. It's just way too inconvenient and unreliable ... and as it turns out, I'm not missing anything anyway. But at least the new store has this fabulous new feature that shows how few products are being released for Poser compared to DAZ Studio. /cough. You'd have thought that would be one feature DAZ would have tried to remove.

However, I was able to purchase a new Calphalon pan and a Vollrath cooking sheet this month. It's so nice to be able to put that $200+ a month into savings and to purchase nonDAZ products after more than six years of spending practically all my "excess" money here. Unfortunately, it also means I now have to decide which vacuum cleaner to purchase since I now have the funds to do so.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

*keeps pointing at her signature* Starts at the end of PC item list too!

• edited December 1969

I'm having a bit of weirdness with my PC membership. It says that it's expired, but it hasn't been even a month since I renewed. Tis somewhat confusing. :-/

edited December 1969

I'm having a bit of weirdness with my PC membership. It says that it's expired, but it hasn't been even a month since I renewed. Tis somewhat confusing. :-/

Join the club, the "Expired Members Club" We are having a party http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1698/

Seriously Daz3D is aware of this problem, tell us it is harmless as long as you can still access the MO forum and see PC prices. THey are wroking on it as a priority issue, and it is gradually getting sorted out.

• edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Join the club, the "Expired Members Club" We are having a party http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1698/

Seriously Daz3D is aware of this problem, tell us it is harmless as long as you can still access the MO forum and see PC prices. THey are wroking on it as a priority issue, and it is gradually getting sorted out.

Thanks for the quick response. I'll not worry about it then. Was just not expecting it to run out since it it said it wouldn't till 7/1 when I renewed it at the end of last month.

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

Im getting fed up now my PC membership have lapsed and I cant re actvate it because it says my paypal payments are still active when they aint and I cant cancel it here on daz I get errors. the sale ends today the voucher ends today. I feel very let down for being a member. :(

Sal.

• PastelsPastels Posts: 529
    edited December 1969

Ok, my monthly PC membership should have expired yesterday with an auto renew but I can't find a record of the payment being taken. I'm still showing as a member, still have access and my membership is not saying it's expired. My question is, should I manually make the payment or just wait?

• Alethas FantasyAlethas Fantasy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I thought I had read one one of the thread we were getting a free month.
    Mine was suppose to be taking out the 16, a few days ago, it says I'm still a member & there was no charges took out.

• UHFUHF Posts: 512
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Seriously Daz3D is aware of this problem, tell us it is harmless as long as you can still access the MO forum and see PC prices. They are working on it as a priority issue, and it is gradually getting sorted out.

No I get nothing. If its Platinum Club its not working... At all. I don't even know if I get a discount when I buy. I think its not giving the discount, but its really hard to tell. The web page no longer describes what I'm paying.

(Seriously... how would I know? Is "Parkside Point and Interior Poses" supposed to be $9.95? All the other sets were $1.99.)

Ticket is opened... No reply at all. Of course. (Renderosity has sorted two complaints I've had in under 1 hour each time... and that was after hours.)

In fact... If my account isn't brought up to 'broken' by tomorrow night... I'm leaving Daz. (By broken, I mean, my account can get PC discounts.)

Its common practice in industry to have things like schedules and delivery dates for problems. I am not impressed. I am getting jerked around.

• PastelsPastels Posts: 529
    edited December 1969

I thought I had read one one of the thread we were getting a free month.
    Mine was suppose to be taking out the 16, a few days ago, it says I'm still a member & there was no charges took out.

I had read that too but thought it was only for people who had experienced problems previously. Until now, I was one of the fortunate ones who hadn't experienced any.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,783
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    The PC club £6 coupon is here...

You're lucky; I only got a $6 one... :coolgrin:

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited June 2012

I can't make heads or tails of any of this.
    Am I ok?

PRODUCT(S) LAST ORDER AMOUNT
    Platinum Club Monthly Membership (1)
    $0.00

Price:
    $7.95

Start:
    6/6/12

Expires:
    Never

Period:
    Monthly

Next Payment:
    -

Next Delivery:
    Monthly 6/6/12

Expired

Edit

Post edited by Ippotamus on
  • leoni_mleoni_m Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Sigh - I used to be a Platinum member in previous years, had to let it lapse due to finances and then for my birthday my husband bought me an annual membership ... that was 11 days ago. I have seen no indication that I am now a member. I get no discounts -- but they mailed me the voucher code for June (that I can't use because everything is full price!) My support ticket, submitted 11 days ago, have not had any response.

I get that there are issues .. but 11 days? A simple, "We are looking into it" response to the ticket would at least make me feel like they actually cared.

I would like to say that I'm "leaving Daz" but have just made this $99 investment. So I guess I'm stuck.

• VoltisArtVoltisArt Posts: 212
    edited December 1969

Ippotamus said:
    I can't make heads or tails of any of this.
    Am I ok?

If the members only forum is working and most of the PC items are $1.99 (some new ones are always priced oddly before they're cataloged properly) then you should be okay. The expired thing is just a visual glitch that is in the long line of bugs to be fixed.

Keep watching your account to make sure your privileges stay, that future monthly payments go like they're supposed to and that you're getting proper prices. If any problems pop up, add a support ticket (Help, Contact Us) to the mountain already filed.

Also, look for chohole's posts above -- there's a party of some sort brewing. : D

edited June 2012

leodesign, if you're in the States, people seem to be having great luck getting problems solved via the toll-free support number. 1(800)267-5170, either 8 to 5 or 9 to 5 Central time, can't remember. Otherwise, yes, it's an awful wait but there's really been that many people filing tickets. They've had a long uphill battle getting past all the problems that hit them.

You must have gotten the membership right before they worked out some of those glitches. I had the same situation but re-registered last week and things went well. Hope you can get it solved soon...er, human soon, not the one we usually hear about around here. Good luck!

Edit: Two or three more posts...I want to earn that little green box...

Post edited by VoltisArt on
  • WhiteWineWhiteWine Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

I opened a ticket four days ago and still there is no change of ticket-status.
    My pc membership is still suspended.
    I wonder why this porblem is so individual.
    When I wanted to buy something a few days ago my pay-profile needed to be updated with the state im living in or something before the payment proceeded.
    Was it maybe this problem why there was no renewal of my membership?

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

leodesign said:
    Sigh - I used to be a Platinum member in previous years, had to let it lapse due to finances and then for my birthday my husband bought me an annual membership ... that was 11 days ago. I have seen no indication that I am now a member. I get no discounts -- but they mailed me the voucher code for June (that I can't use because everything is full price!) My support ticket, submitted 11 days ago, have not had any response.

I get that there are issues .. but 11 days? A simple, "We are looking into it" response to the ticket would at least make me feel like they actually cared.

I would like to say that I'm "leaving Daz" but have just made this $99 investment. So I guess I'm stuck.

You are within the 30 days return period, so they would have no choice but to refund your membership fees.
    If you are willing you could wait, it will get sorted out eventually, but how long that will be is anyones guess.

edited December 1969

LeeMellon, please read through some of the previous posts. There are many problems with the new system and everybody at DAZ is scrambling to fix them. Four days is half or less of what many of us have had to wait. (See leodesign's post above.)

The payment profile should contain state, both for bank verification and for recent new laws requiring sales tax on digital purchases. If you're in one of the states DAZ has an office, they're required to add the tax. I never knew they had any sort of facilities outside of Draper, until last week. I get charged the tax in CA, though. Perhaps the other offices are related to the other half of the company, from the merger a year or two ago.

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

LeeMellon said:
    I opened a ticket four days ago and still there is no change of ticket-status.
    My pc membership is still suspended.
    I wonder why this porblem is so individual.
    When I wanted to buy something a few days ago my pay-profile needed to be updated with the state im living in or something before the payment proceeded.
    Was it maybe this problem why there was no renewal of my membership?

I have looked into the issue you describe here. It appears that the order failed because of the lack of information as you described. Now that the information is there in your credit card profile, the orders will process correctly.

For others who have seen this issue, let us know and we will work with you in getting this resolved.

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

leodesign said:

You are within the 30 days return period, so they would have no choice but to refund your membership fees.
    If you are willing you could wait, it will get sorted out eventually, but how long that will be is anyones guess.

We have just changed the store to not charge Sales Tax in California any longer. The recent changes to the CA tax code make digital purchases not needing to collect the sales tax any longer. Great news!

• trilltrill Posts: 43
    edited December 1969

My monthly membership was suspose to renew on June 16. It didn't, so I put a thread on Member Only forum about auto renewal. Yesterday I still had access to Members forum and PC prices. Today no access to forum or prices, Subscription says suspended :question: I sent another ticket to the help desk.

At least I had subscribe to thread on my thread so I can at least read on my email any response to the problem. There was a response that said Daz was manually renewing and that members whose memberships expired between May 17 and June 17 will receive a gift certificate in their accounts to cover membership. :smirk:

• deano_e420da83c2deano_e420da83c2 Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

My renewal (monthly) says 3 days ago, haven't checked if the dosh has been taken yet... but can see the PC only forum so assume so, even stranger tho, is it says my next delivery is 3 year AGO... But i'm not expired, which seems to make me the odd man out reading this thread.

Maybe a Deloran tricked out by Doc is next months special? :)

Haven't bothered with customer support, figured its just more work for the poor over-worked Daz customer support, however if theres a long list of accounts acting weird regarding PC membership might be worth adding my name to it.

Thanks,
    Deano

p.s. England just scored, w00t ;)