Where is everyone?

Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Ok, The forums are like a ghost town. I'm guessing a lot of people are in other forums, question is.. where

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited June 2012

Oh no, we're here. The Commons is where we fester and spread like parasitic demons as we plot our devious deeds for complete global domination. >:)

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    Ok, The forums are like a ghost town. I'm guessing a lot of people are in other forums, question is.. where

At the DS forum at rendo

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showforum.php?forum_id=12452

• kiwi_ggkiwi_gg Posts: 198
    edited June 2012

Go to rendo.

Cheers
    GG

ps, Well it works,really good and there's some cool people hang out there.

Post edited by kiwi_gg on
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oh no, we're here. The Commons is where we fester and spread like parasitic demons as we plot our devious deeds for complete global domination. >:)

Global saturation....
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Thanks for all the replies, I figured there was a spot at Rendo but wasn't sure where ;)

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited June 2012

Gedd said:

It's nice to see someone's paying attention. Daz's old forum was one of my favorite sites on the net. If they've managed to turn me off, I'd imagine the lurkers are long gone by now. I still check in to see what's going on in the shop though.
    No avatar pics yet, no inline-pic posting yet, no auto-resizing for posted pics yet yet -- I can see why those might not be considered critical features in general, but these are the forums for an art-supply store! And still no sort-topics-by-last-post-time, which makes it difficult to keep up. This isn't a very user-friendly place for 3D enthusiasts to hang out these days. Hope everybody comes back once everything's fixed!
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It's quiet in the forums.

It's so quiet I can hear the crickets rioting outside DAZ' office in Utah.

Is every regular poster gone on vacation? :down:

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering. WOW... I know DAZ is trying to dig themselves out of the code hole they fell into when all this went live but geez... the forums are DEAD. I even see a couple of vendors putting their stuff up at other stores. Not good. I guess there's not much to do but wait. Complaining doesn't do a lick of good... On a positive note I got most of my Genesis stuff installed and organized. I got more work done on Bruno and a few other things. So not all bad! *chuckles* :P

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Still here *waves*, pretty busy in places, but until the forum thread sort is sorted, its a real problem finding stuff, the new posts and active topics help but its not like the old days ;)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    edited December 1969

It does seem quiet from time to time. I still try to be active on the forums though.

edited December 1969

It does seem quiet from time to time. I still try to be active on the forums though.

he he he, Miss Third Green Box :-)

edited December 1969

he he he, Miss Third Green Box :-)

Oh I have a third box? Actually I noticed that a bit after I got it.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I know of many users that just do not like the new forums. One contest I loved moved because of the way this has been handled.

I understand this is a Store. I understand the Store must Work. I do not understand the Forums will not get very much better untill the Store is 100% fixed. If the old site was anything to go by that will never happen. So by that logic we will not get updates to the Forums. It's just sad.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited December 1969

I'm not here... just a figment of your imagination.
    Really, though it's no fun anymore. The site is more of a PITA (Pain In The..., not a pita bread) to use... I can't find posts I've made and I keep getting notices about posts I don't care about... I've lost my banner, nobody has any avatars and even though there is a workaround to avoid having my corneas burned out by the new alien abduction theme/look I find that an annoying compromise... I ditched my PC club membership because the whole thing is frelled, I hate looking through the store for stuff now. I will admit there are a handful of new things that show promise and one new feature that I actually like ( "search the forum"... actually works if you remember the thread's title).
    Other than that, it is very disappointing to visit here and I know this will go on for quite some time, months probably... I have been spending my spare time making some new freebies (actually, mostly finishing old ones) and checking up on whats going on at Renderosity... I don't post there much though...
    It really is quite a bit of a bummer when I stop by here and still see nothing but more complaints/problems and nothing really changed.

It feels like someone burned down the old clubhouse and built a dysfunctional Apple store in its place.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738
    edited December 1969

Actually image resizing does now seem to be working, at least for width.

While the forums are quieter, I think the drop in activity is not as much as to make them dead. There are certainly plenty of threads getting posted to for the forum team to review.

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

Its just not the same anymore. First off due to the numerous issues with pc memberships, store searches, store glitches (pricing, no accessories link), itemized order history, pc changes, just to name a few, people just are not happy so they are not even bothering as much anymore. I know im not. Its just not the "Happy Place" it once was.

-MJ

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited December 1969

It is really quiet. I mostly (attempt to) lurk about...

... but, I agree... it's kinda sad around here lately... {{{{HUGS}}}} to anyone who might need/want one.

edited December 1969

I try to post as much as I can. I guess that does not help much. I doubt i can do anything to help.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I think a friendly USEFULL Forum would really be a BOON for DAZ at this time. Sure People would still grumble about the issues with the store and the Plat Club, but If the Forums were 100% at least we could Post Artwork and FLAG it properly, and use the Forums the way we all really enjoyed using them in the days gone bye.

Just My two cents.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

Old post count: 12970, from 21 Nov 2005 til new site went live..

New post count since new site: 25

I won't be here until such time as it doesn't burn my retinas. (don't tell me to install a plug in, I shouldn't have to on an ART SITE!)

edited December 1969

Fisty said:

I won't be here until such time as it doesn't burn my retinas. (don't tell me to install a plug in, I shouldn't have to on an ART SITE!)

One more post Fisty, to get ur first green box ;)

edited December 1969

Fisty said:

Agreed, esp on the site colors. I do have a plugin installed but there are aspects of the color switching that changes other aspects that make it not so good. Like this input box, it's a really light gray on a off white background. I can barely see what I'm typing! :blank:

• brainmuffinbrainmuffin Posts: 1,152
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    It's nice to see someone's paying attention.

Daz's old forum was one of my favorite sites on the net. If they've managed to turn me off, I'd imagine the lurkers are long gone by now.

I still check in to see what's going on in the shop though.Yeah, the whole site "upgrade" is a great practice of bad design. I dislike it more than Lion.

edited December 1969

The store is growing on me but the forums, in their current condition, SUCK totally! :coolmad:

• hamstergirl4444hamstergirl4444 Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    I do have a plugin installed but there are aspects of the color switching that changes other aspects that make it not so good. Like this input box, it's a really light gray on a off white background. I can barely see what I'm typing! :blank:

I know what you mean - Color That Site and I definitely have a different view on how to do things LOL. I just discovered an extension for Firefox called You Tube Light Switch. It's so cool! You don't have to do a thing, the page is dark, the print is light, and it's so easy on the eyes! WHY can't we have something like that?

Daz has always said it's a community driven enterprise....unfortunately, it seems that most of the community has driven elsewhere O.o....*time to throw myself off the couch, drum my little heels, and have a hamster hissy fit, it's been about an hour since my last one*.... :)

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited June 2012

I didn't mean for this to become another bash forum, I just was looking for community. After all, that is what holds together any group. We all have become used to DAZ being the center of a community we cherish so we suffer when the community here suffers. I know it is hard on the PA's, on the DAZ employees who are working hard to try to sort this out, on the community here... In the end, it is about community or it is nothing. I send out warm wishes to everyone, we will get through this together hopefully, one way or another. From one artist to a community of others, let us try to use this to create.

Was trying to post link to song by our very own Miss Kay, but couldn't post the link to play the specific song, just the page the song was on...

http://www.myspace.com/kasiamusic/music/songs/welcome-in-my-world-new-57965101

"Welcome in my World." I'm not sure of all the words but it sounds nice ;)

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

I'm sort of avoiding the Commons until it gets properly reordered. Well...actually I do frequently visit the restarted Black Is Beautiful thread but I find that by searching for the word "Africa" as opposed to going to the Commons itself. I have entered some contests here and there.

My things is that while I can more than understand the problems with the store and I sympathize, I don't get how the forum managed to break so badly. You'd think there would be a few generic/standard options that could easily be swapped in and out without hassle. Worst case scenario, splitting the forum and store software into separate parts. Oh well, guess I'll keep rendering in the meantime.

• jaunke_29fff27795jaunke_29fff27795 Posts: 144
    edited December 1969

It is really quiet. I mostly (attempt to) lurk about...

... but, I agree... it's kinda sad around here lately... {{{{HUGS}}}} to anyone who might need/want one.

*waves* I'm just waiting in line for my hug from Jasmin. :smirk:

;-P

Grtz Jean-Claude

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

well I the old forums were better :) and yes, it seems that a lot of people are gone.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

I AM STILL THINKING THAT CHANGING THE STORE AND THE FORUM WAS A BIG MISTAKE (what I have just said before the change) NO MATTER HOW MANY PROGRAMMERS HAD TO FIX PROBLEMS EVERY DAY...THE OLD STORE BUT ESPECIALLY THE OLD FORUM WAS MUCH BETTER. AND THAT IS SAD :down: