Install Manager question

2»

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Administrator, my content folders are defined the same way now as they were when I posted that screenshot. I didn't change them.

That's very strange -- the 3 folders I've circled here should be the names of the final folders in the Content Directory Manager list, but the last one doesn't match.

temp.jpg
    558 x 500 - 46K
  • edited December 1969

This screenshot of the content directory manager was taken just now. As you can see, it's the same as the last one.

Capture_4.PNG
    522 x 592 - 55K
  • edited December 1969

Mike, if you would just call me, we can probably fix this in a matter of minutes as opposed to dragging this out endlessly with us posting messages back and forth.

• edited December 1969

And so.....the nightmare continues. Another wasted night of not being able to get any work done. If only someone would call me, this problem could have probably been resolved by now. This picture sums up how frustrated I feel right now.

Capture_5.PNG
    608 x 403 - 496K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

With the content directories set up as they are now, do any of the top-level folder (the ones that appear immediately under DAZ Studio Formats) contain a folder called Content? If they do that's wrong, and needs fixing (either by pointing DS to the Content folder instead of the folder it's currently pointed to, if there's nothing else in that folder, or by selecting everything in the Content folder, cutting it, and pasting it into the folder that holds the Content folder). The folders named Runtime and Data should always be in the actual folder that's listed in the Content Library, never in a sub-folder of that.

• slojoslojo Posts: 0
    edited April 2013

So... does the DIM upload any data to Daz3D or its affiliates about what is on my computer? I realize there is probably going to be a cookie so that once I load DIM (that is, IF I load DIM) and enter my account information I can be identified. Beyond that, though, what I would like to know, however, is whether or not Daz3D is aggregating, culling, storing, searching, listing, or otherwise maintaining any other information whatsoever from my computer into their databanks, including which files I have purchased from Daz3D?

Thanks for any help, if you happen to know the answer to any of this. DIM sounds like it might be very useful... unless it is mining my computer for data of any sort.

Regards
    Rube

[edited for spelling - r]

Post edited by slojo on
  • edited December 1969

Isn't there a way DAZ can access my PC remotely to fix this problem?

• edited December 1969

Slojo, I don't understand the question.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

slojo said:
    So... does the DIM upload any data to Daz3D or its affiliates about what is on my computer? I realize there is probably going to be a cookie so that once I load DIM (that is, IF I load DIM) and enter my account information I can be identified. Beyond that, though, what I would like to know, however, is whether or not Daz3D is aggregating, culling, storing, searching, listing, or otherwise maintaining any other information whatsoever from my computer into their databanks, including which files I have purchased from Daz3D?

Thanks for any help, if you happen to know the answer to any of this. DIM sounds like it might be very useful... unless it is mining my computer for data of any sort.

Regards
    Rube

[edited for spelling - r]

No.