New Itemized order history - totally USELESS!

renapdrenapd Posts: 3
edited June 2012 in The Commons

I ran into a small problem today with injection pose builder and wanted to reset my purchase to make sure I am using the most updated version. BUT.. There's NO search function to your itemized order history!
Yes I know there was none before either, but at least then all your purchases were in ONE page, you could contact a "find on this page" browser search and locate what you want.
Now.. in order to do that.. you have to go over hundread of pages one by one doing so and that could take HOURS... are you serious guys?
Things are supposed to be getting more functional... not otherwise!
Totally dissapointed at the respect you show towards your customers' time! :(

Post edited by renapd on

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

It's already in the list of things they're working on. Read the announcements and be patient.

• edited December 1969

i agree OP/TC!

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Rena

Yeah, it's frustrating. Lots of other things too but we have no choice.

One thing that should make it a bit easier is that the files are in Name order. INJection Pose Builder should be around the middle. Set the items per page to the maximum allowed and go to a page around the middle, then backwards or forwards as appropriate.

I can't show you exactly (perhaps you have to put the number of the page you want in the URL at the top of the browser) because this stupid place won't allow me to get to my account tonite. I can't even log in to the store to check for you. Sheesh.

And we're going on five weeks now. :(

• renapdrenapd Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

I already tried that... wasted over half an hour back and forth and then frustrated I gave up! I don't have the luxury of time to waste my morning looking for something that should be as simple as the click of a button or a search field for functionality.
    Once you've spent thousands of dollars somewhere over the years.. the least you expect.. are the basics!
    I hope DAZ decides to provide at least THAT to their customers.. at some point!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Itemised Order History id alpahbetical, once you get past the first set of items, which ar e those that use non aplphabetical characters as the first character of the title.

I have rather a long order history and haven't had too much digfficulty locating Items to reset.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Sort by name and maximum per page which is 50.

Once found, hit the reset and you get immediate access to your download, no waiting like before. Plus it only resets that one item, not the whole order.

• JazzminJazzmin Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

I'm with you Rena, it's totally frustrating. All we can do is wait and hope they add functionality to the order history.

On a side note... I hope you're working on the release of your new doll. She looks absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait for her to hit the store! :cheese:

Post edited by Jazzmin on
  • cimairacimaira Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Spit said:

Yeah, it's frustrating. Lots of other things too but we have no choice. (

I agree this whole site update(?) has been one big mess. And no we don't have much choice about our itemized history, however we do have a choice about adding to that list!

And I for one am NOT adding to the length of that list until it gets much easier to navigate. There are way too many bugs still out there, that should have been repaired in the past month or more since the roll out. I'm not sure about DAZ but if I had purchased a product with this many problems, I would have ask for my money back.

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

The itemized order history is pretty useless.

I have 200 pages of items! I used to be able to just put the name of an item in my browsers search function and find a huge list of items in seconds. Now, I have no idea how to find anything.

It also wouldn't be as bad if the site would warn you about items we already own.

Grrr.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

For my part, I would like to have the ability to download the purchase list in some useful format (comma separated values, XML, etc) so that I can sort, search, query, compare, and otherwise process to my heart's content on the local system. Or select four random lines, for that matter.

• tylerzamboritylerzambori Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Itemised Order History id alpahbetical, once you get past the first set of items, which ar e those that use non aplphabetical characters as the first character of the title.

I have rather a long order history and haven't had too much digfficulty locating Items to reset.

Are you kidding me? It's now way harder to find your stuff.

Instead of getting everything on one long page, now I have to click through many pages
    to get to an item. Yes, even I set it to show 50 items per page.

Can you please explain how you think that is "no problem" in comparison
    to the previous setup?

Do tell.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

"not too much difficulty" is hardly the same as "no problem". It is, however,, a hill rather than an impassable mountain. If you know the product's name you can find it by editing the url to hit the right spot, rather than going in the small steps allowed by the links. That takes a lot longer than just typing the name and having the list scroll to the right place, but it is nevertheless not a long task - even for me, with a huge list of items.

• Voodoo128Voodoo128 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Try locating something when even you sort with the maximum of 50 items per page, you have 90 pages to go through.......

Yes I know, I have other issues....

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

tsarist said:
    The itemized order history is pretty useless.

I have 200 pages of items! I used to be able to just put the name of an item in my browsers search function and find a huge list of items in seconds. Now, I have no idea how to find anything.

It also wouldn't be as bad if the site would warn you about items we already own.

Grrr.

Yes. I've already run into the fact that the store no longer tells you that you've already purchased a product before. Fortunately it was just a PC product that I repurchased (and it let me do it at PC pricing as well, so evidently it's their records that are borked), but it's something that's made me a little gun shy on the idea of purchasing any older products.

And, also yes. The Itemized Order History now absolutely needs a set of alphabetical links across the top of the pages so you can just click and go directly to the 'B's or 'M's or wherever you are trying to find whatever it is that you want to reset. It's even worse when you are wanting to reset a product and its expansion sets. Because first you have to painstakingly drill down through pages until you find the product(s), and then as soon as you select any of them and hit reset you are thrown out, onto the available downloads page. So you download it and then you have to drill back down through pages (at a rate of 2 pages at a time) to the group to reset the next, and on ad infinitum. It's maddening. Instant reset is not an unmixed blessing.

edited December 1969

Voodoo128 said:
    Try locating something when even you sort with the maximum of 50 items per page, you have 90 pages to go through.......

Yes I know, I have other issues....

Go to page 2. Edit url to end 45 - is the item before or after the items on that page? If after, edit the url to end 67, if before to 23. Keep repeating - at worst it would take eight pages to find the item 9as long as you know its name in the list), and since you could guess where it would fall you could probably do better than that. Since resets are instant rather than a five or ten minute wait this would probably be quicker than the old store, though I won't deny it's a lot more effort and we all hope it will be made better.

• tylerzamboritylerzambori Posts: 79
    edited June 2012

"not too much difficulty" is hardly the same as "no problem". It is, however,, a hill rather than an impassable mountain. If you know the product's name you can find it by editing the url to hit the right spot, rather than going in the small steps allowed by the links. That takes a lot longer than just typing the name and having the list scroll to the right place, but it is nevertheless not a long task - even for me, with a huge list of items.

Does his telling us that we can find our stuff with "not too much difficulty" mean that he thinks
    we should just stuff it and not complain? The old setup was better.

BTW, your search suggestion does not work.

Post edited by tylerzambori on
  • Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited June 2012

JOdel said:

And, also yes. The Itemized Order History now absolutely needs a set of alphabetical links across the top of the pages so you can just click and go directly to the 'B's or 'M's or wherever you are trying to find whatever it is that you want to reset. It's even worse when you are wanting to reset a product and its expansion sets. Because first you have to painstakingly drill down through pages until you find the product(s), and then as soon as you select any of them and hit reset you are thrown out, onto the available downloads page. So you download it and then you have to drill back down through pages (at a rate of 2 pages at a time) to the group to reset the next, and on ad infinitum. It's maddening. Instant reset is not an unmixed blessing.

I would very much like to see that we can choose the sort to "date of purchase" and/or alphabetical order.

But for now changing the page number as Richard said, works as a work around... more or less. :P
    At least I'm glad I have "only" 30 pages (set at 50) to wade through.

Love, Jeanne
    Post edited by Jeanne M on
    edited December 1969

Does his telling us that we can find our stuff with "not too much difficulty" mean that he thinks
    we should just stuff it and not complain? The old setup was better.

BTW, your search suggestion does not work.

The suggestion, which works as long as you know the name of the item you are looking for, was offered to help make the process less time-consuming until there is a proper resolution.

• EwokzombieEwokzombie Posts: 69
    edited December 1969

Totally agree that the itemized order history is worthless. Last week I had to do a rest on the weekly freebie and not only did I find out the list was alphabetical but there was no option to change the list by order date, my preference. It sounds like your like me and have hundreds of pages worth of ordered content.

It's already in the list of things they're working on. Read the announcements and be patient.

Except it should have already been fixed before this site was up and running. Just like a lot of issues with this site.

• McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

I think they should at the least set up the choices for 100 and 1000 per page. 100 would mean I have only 15 pages to search. CTRL F should bring up a page search function in your browser. It is not a store search, it runs in your browser only. But it's the only useful search I've used for the DAZ pages from 2004 to date. :(
    McG.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

do you save the confirmation order emails?

it's easier to search the email folder, which has the date and order #. then go to My Orders instead of the itemized list.

but if you bought something in a bundle, :ohh:

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

JeanneM said:
    I would very much like to see that we can choose the sort to "date of purchase" and/or alphabetical order.

I'm with Jeanne. I'm more inclined to remember "when" I purchased a particular item (OK, maybe the year and not necessarily the month/day), so if they want to leave the sorting as ascending alpha, then what I would suggest is a second set of links: "a" through "z" so that we can at the very least zero in on the first letter of the product we're looking for. I think that would go a long way to initially narrowing an alpha search.
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,164
    edited June 2012

Perhaps people should just make sure they have all their DAZ stuff safely backed up (if they still have it all) because with all this chaos surrounding the store & website updates, not only has DAZ shot themselves in the foot, they are letting themselves bleed out, seem to have pulled the plug in the dam, swallowed a poison pill, opened the airlock outer door, jumped into the lions cage, and are standing under a rapidly approaching asteroid. :ohh:

But if they've managed to do all that in just one fell swoop, then at least they deserve kudos for ingenuity! :cheese:

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Cyn ArtCyn Art Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I think JOdel has an excellent idea with "a set of alphabetical links across the top of the pages so you can just click and go directly to the ‘B’s or ‘M’s or wherever you are trying to find". It's been used elsewhere effectively.

Also, it makes no sense that there is no pane to at least enter a page number (in lots of places on the site, actually). The click forever just to arrive at a guess-tination is definitely a pita. There are many people that would not think to edit the url, also.

How is it that this list ended up so dysfunctional for customer use anyway when it was known the "already purchased" notice was going to be rescinded? If to date it has not been thought of as a high level issue for the customer, I'd like to vote in that it is very important to me, at least. I have found shopping difficult without either function being available and am refraining due to it. ~ And please throw the patience word around lightly with some of these issues. I have found this company has allocated more than its fair share from me, and the result now is it's about as strained as a can of peas at dinner time, thank you very much. :-S :lol:

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

It's further compounded by the fact that there *is* a priority for repackaging the stuff that was originally in VISE installers. Some of it is being turned loose in .zip files, but quite a lot is being reissued with metadata. And since I have a lot of those products (lots and lots of PC items) I'd like to redownload them if I could get to them.

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Perhaps people should just make sure they have all their DAZ stuff safely backed up (if they still have it all) because with all this chaos surrounding the store & website updates, not only has DAZ shot themselves in the foot, they are letting themselves bleed out, seem to have pulled the plug in the dam, swallowed a poison pill, opened the airlock outer door, jumped into the lions cage, and are standing under a rapidly approaching asteroid. :ohh:

But if they've managed to do all that in just one fell swoop, then at least they deserve kudos for ingenuity! :cheese:

LOL!
    I agree. I thought they would have sorted this out awhile ago.
    This dragging on is really beginning to worry me.

• GhostpantherGhostpanther Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

I was biting today into the really very sour apple to copy all 35x50 pages of my Itemized Order History to save the reset links :coolmad: - as if I wouldn't have anything else to do - and then to sort the links into my own excel file, where I can sort the items however I want !
    Meanwhile I began to avoid to look into my IOH or into my Wishlist, because they're now really useless for me.
    That's a pity, but I can't spend so much time looking through the lists for something, which was done before in an instant by scrolling through ONE page !!

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited June 2012

I saved my history list from the previous site; lots of items are missing on the new history list ... and sadly the old reset links do not work 'cause they go to the old site ... so however all this is/was set up ... Does "anybody" known if/when we'll get back the entire list? Are they waiting for repackaging? Are they gone for good?

Post edited by patience55 on
  • mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

Somewhere lost in these threads is a link to an alpha version of a utility program that loads all your purchase history into an excel application. Since I have excel on my machine I was able to just copy the backend spreadsheet and do searches against it directly in excel. Of course you still have the bundle issue but I have an early version of the fun with bundles that details those. I looked at the utility program zip but no identifier and I have forgotten the link to get it. I think I remember it was going to be free until the end of the month. Maybe somebody else can find the thread.