WC Art Deco Street Lamps D|S 4.5

wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
edited April 2013 in Freebies

http://www.sharecg.com/v/68647/view/21/DAZ-Studio/WC-Art-Deco-Street-Lamps

Go Ahead make my day!

ITEM ONE: GoTo http://www.deviantart.com and start uploading your DAZ Studio Renders! ALL OF THEM!

ITEM TWO: GoTo http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/20394/ and POST A LINK to your DeviantArt Page.

ITEM THREE: Render a scene using one or both of these lamps, and THEN GoBackTo DeviantARt and POST THE RENDER. I'll find out because by the time you've rendered, I'll have you on my watch list!

Do this, and you have permission to use these files as if they were Public Domain... If you do NOT do this, you must immediately delete them off your computer never ever download any of my stuff ever again! If you send them to a friend, the same conditions apply.

Get it? Got it? GOOD!

This was a modelling excersize to get me used to the differences in SubDiv between Hex and DAZ Studio... they are very low poly and Subdivided in DAZ Studio to level 2 (that's 16 Polygons for each polygon in the base cage)...

Use them, enjoy them, render them, and do NOT forget to post the renders of them on DeviantArt

Merge the My Library folder with your My Library folder under DAZ 3D/Studio/

You will find the props under My Library/Props/Street and Road/

Post edited by wancow on

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Good thing I know you're joking.

I will do the world a favour, a BIG favour. I will NOT post "all my renders anywhere". geez.

Thanks for the lamps :-)

edited December 1969

And then it occurred to me, oh, maybe you mean that you simply wish to see renders made with your lamps. Well why didn't you just say so?

hehehe ... if you check over in the Carrara forum, you'll find that I've lost a dinosaur ... let's hope it's not hungry and eats lamp posts.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

And then it occurred to me, oh, maybe you mean that you simply wish to see renders made with your lamps. Well why didn't you just say so?

hehehe ... if you check over in the Carrara forum, you'll find that I've lost a dinosaur ... let's hope it's not hungry and eats lamp posts.

What? Are you saying my lamp posts aren't good enough for your dinosaur? They're very tasty lamp posts! They're FRENCH and made with lots of butter!
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,294
    edited December 1969

I would add syrup simply because it will remind me of pancakes (must remember not to pick teeth with them).

edited December 1969

Well, still at the 'how does this work' stage with Carrara ... couldn't find a way to open Dino's mouth. Not too sure what good the tongue controls are if one can't open the mouth! Sigh ... However, was able to put quite a flash of fire to look like it emitted from, well, a closed mouth ... think I'd better work on that scene a little more.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited April 2013

Peeks in. See's a freebe and a Request. Wanders off to play with freebe and the request.

Watch DA. Is in da works...

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

What did I miss, Jaderail? Did someone request special sauce?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    What did I miss, Jaderail? Did someone request special sauce?
    Still in a set up mode with this one wancow. Having too much fun just playing to render it yet. TY for the prop.
  • ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited April 2013

wancow said:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/68647/view/21/DAZ-Studio/WC-Art-Deco-Street-Lamps

Go Ahead make my day!

You will find the props under My Library/Props/Street and Road/

Not able to completely it load into DAZ 4.5. I'm getting an error msg 'Assets missing ...

/data/wancow/Art Deco Street Lamps/Art Deco Street Lamp Single/artdecostreetlamp.dsf' even though the file - artdecostreetlamp.dsf is in the listed folder.

And yeah I re-downloaded the file and tried again.

Post edited by Elowan on
    edited December 1969

Okay, that's interesting. I just downloaded the file to check it, and it is in there. I also checked my own install and it's the same file. I was careful on this one, having deleted all previous versions of it before I zipped this up... but you checked your own content tree to make sure the path to the file is correct?

edited April 2013

wancow said:
    Okay, that's interesting. I just downloaded the file to check it, and it is in there. I also checked my own install and it's the same file. I was careful on this one, having deleted all previous versions of it before I zipped this up... but you checked your own content tree to make sure the path to the file is correct?

I'm using the tree just as downloaded. However - checking my DAZ and DAZ3d folders does not find a "My Library" folder in either one . Where should the 'My Library' folder be placed/found in the DAZ main folder?

Can you tell that I'm a DAZ-noob?

Post edited by Elowan on
    edited December 1969

There's no "My Files" folder in the folder tree. These go under DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/

I'm curious, are you on a Mac?

edited April 2013

wancow said:
    There's no "My Files" folder in the folder tree. These go under DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/

I'm curious, are you on a Mac?

No. On a PC running Vista and as stated I find no My Library folder in either the DAZ or DAZ3d?Studio folder

Post edited by Elowan on
    edited December 1969

On my machine, The DAZ Studio Content is under My Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/

Is this where yours is?

edited April 2013

wancow said:
    On my machine, The DAZ Studio Content is under My Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/

Is this where yours is?

Ah so. I have that under Documents (in my admin folder under Desktop). Within that listed folder are only 2 others -- Scenes and Scripts.

In the DAZ folder within Program Files I show a folder for Content and Environments within the Studio folder

Post edited by Elowan on
    edited December 1969

What is the file path to your Genesis install from C:?

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

wancow, go look here: Street Dance

Couldn't post here due to nudity. Tasteful, I hope, but nudity nonetheless.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited May 2013

Very nice lamp.. ty for sharing :)

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    Very nice lamp.. ty for sharing :)

Hmm, an edit. I got the original message in email. You are right, but... freebie!

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Hehe, ya.. I realized right after I posted I really meant to pm the artist ;)