Using Panoramic Projection in Studio as Environment

evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hope my subject was semi-clear at least.

I've been a Bryce user for a long time, but never really developed my skills. I'm very much looking to do so now, and use those skills to help with some Studio projects. One of which requires a panoramic environment, that I thought I could use Bryce for.

Now, this is not going to be the most detailed item, really just a potential view out of a window. Still, I would like it to render as well as I can.

So... the question: how do I get a panoramic projection mapped, properly to an object (sphere?) so I can use it in Studio? I realize this is kind of a cross-platform question, but I thought Bryce users might have a better grasp of what i am after and how to do it than the average Studio user.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Hope my subject was semi-clear at least.

I've been a Bryce user for a long time, but never really developed my skills. I'm very much looking to do so now, and use those skills to help with some Studio projects. One of which requires a panoramic environment, that I thought I could use Bryce for.

Now, this is not going to be the most detailed item, really just a potential view out of a window. Still, I would like it to render as well as I can.

So... the question: how do I get a panoramic projection mapped, properly to an object (sphere?) so I can use it in Studio? I realize this is kind of a cross-platform question, but I thought Bryce users might have a better grasp of what i am after and how to do it than the average Studio user.

Thanks in advance.

Horo and I made this handy little tool for Bryce Spherical Mapper which allows you to render entire Bryce scenes as a longitude latitude map (aka a spherical map). So if you've got a sphere you can apply a spherical map to in DS. Then this is a potential solution.

If you don't want to spend any money, there are other solutions you can adapt. I've got 130 Bryce orientated video tutorials here, some of which cover related topics to the one you are asking about (A full list can be found here written and video tutorials ), but all of them are aimed at people wanting to boost their Bryce skills http://www.youtube.com/user/davidbrinnen

And also, if you look at your Bryce 7.1 Pro content (can't find it? This pdf will help Bryce Content PDF by Horo ) Horo provides three - possibly four - lets say a few, tutorials on how to go about capturing a Bryce scene as a HDRI - which in turn is a small step away from what you probably need.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440
    edited December 1969

Very interesting, thank you. I will view the video later, but that certainly seems to be exactly what the doctor ordered, and I have no problem at that price considering what I plan to use these techniques for in the future. I have recently browsed the BryceInfo website, and found a wealth of information that I did not know was available. I'll certainly be using that resource as I brush up my Bryce skills.