Are There any Daz Users that have 110.1 Almost Human For Alfa Seed Almost 110.1

JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Are There any Daz Users that have 110.1 Almost Human For Alfa Seed Almost 110.1 if there are could you please post renders here.

Thank you.

Comments

• TZORGTZORG Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

I don't have it but I wonder if you've seen the link on the product page that explains what they view as the issue with it.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I bought it the other day & installed it; but haven't tried it out in DS yet.

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 2012

Yes I did see the link and did visit the page and actually do know my way around the LIE, but I just wanted to see if anyone had any renders with it done in daz or reality

Post edited by JohnDelaquiox on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,498
    edited December 1969

Yes I did see the link and did visit the page and actually do know my way around the LIE, but I just wanted to see if anyone had any renders with it done in daz or reality

I did this one for the Dreamlight halloween facebook contest.

trick_pw.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 280K
    edited December 1969

That is very cool Totte, have you tried getting the ones with the skin working?

edited December 1969

Yeah, I just don't know where I put the renders.
    I can toss something up quick if you like (my DS isn't rendering anything at the moment, I'm wapping christmas present at the moment ;-)

edited December 1969

If you could I would appreciate it

Thanks

edited December 2012

If you could I would appreciate it

Thanks

Here you go! Found the "merge"-setup for the other, changed textures to some of the other and the pose.
    Rendered in 8 minutes, using the new lightset from Dimension Theory ;-)
    Edit: DS 4.5

The materials are DS presets.

1101-test.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 377K
    Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

I'm having some issues getting 110.1 to work well on a regular V4. I think it was made to work exclusively with Alice or morphs similar to Alice.

edited December 1969

I'm having some issues getting 110.1 to work well on a regular V4. I think it was made to work exclusively with Alice or morphs similar to Alice.

There was an Alice update for 110.1, maybe that ruined something.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited January 2013

I don't have the Alice bodyshape and have used 110.1 in DS just fine. (I've actually got a render with 110.1 baking right now, though it's LuxRender so will be a while before it is ready.) Keep in mind that it has two sets of morph injections to correct the body for the robotic attachments. The DS injections are in a subfolder, and the Poser injections don't work correctly in DS. Without the injections, the robotics won't fit at all and have massive poke-through issues.

A couple of my DS->Reality->LuxRender renders that use 110.1: Sector 15 Security Detail, Escape from MU14 - Cyborg Closeup

Post edited by cwichura on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

Has anyone tried Autofitting this to Genesis? Would love to know if it worked at all well.

edited December 1969

Given it's construction, I doubt it would work well, at least not without GenX to convert the figure morphs it includes. (I don't have GenX, so can't test this.) It uses morphs to radically change the shape of the shoulders, thighs and torso to fit with the robotics. Most of the rest of the underlying figure has the bone visibility turned off.

For the arms and legs, you'd probably be better off parenting them to Genesis after applying the GenX'd morphs than trying to conform them (the legs especially, since it has separate custom bones to pose the various "toes" of the foot, which would be lost if you converted it). For the Chest/LowerTorso/Neck, I'd try conforming first.

• edited December 1969

Her is one of the arms auto-fitted on M5. The arms work fairly well, the legs get mangled at the feet beyond use. Torso, I haven't tried. Hiding M5's arm doesn't fix everything, I had to use the Polygon Group Editor to hide some of his upper arm, but it worked fine after doing this. Don't forget to go into the arm and remove the morphs for the torso fix or it will mess up the arm mesh.

Devang_Port.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 217K
    edited December 1969

Another member of the site posted this his name is Suzuran

As for the armor, I converted it like:

1) Load Genesis and M4
    2) Resize and change the pose in the parts of M4 as close as default Genesis.
    3) Load the armor, make each parts fit to M4 (so it almost looks like Genesis is wearing the armor)
    4) Export the parts (separatedly) as obj file.
    5) New scene and load Genesis
    6) Import the part of armor
    7) Asset > Transfer Utility > Source: Genesis, Scene Item: the part of Armor

It’s a little better than using TU on the default armor, I think. the armor can’t keep the morph in this way. But Coalition Rapier did not have many morphs. smile
    Hope my English is enough to understand. ^-^;

The original post is here

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/117/P30

• MaloneXIMaloneXI Posts: 145
    edited December 1969

Hi all.

I just got this model. Really impressive on paper , but I don't understand how to use it , how to load the cyborg. I have Vicky 4 of course , and the alice morph , but I don't understand what to do ...

Can somebody help me ?

Thanx a lot.

edited December 1969

Yeah I was on the same page. To use the various surfaces you have to know how to use the layered surface tool in studio

I am going to have a friend remodel most of the parts so that they fit the standard V4 body. If you know how to use a modeling program you may be able to do the same.

edited December 1969

110.1 comes with a pretty extensive ReadMe. It details how you should go about applying the shaping morphs to V4 and load the various parts of the suit. And it works just fine in Studio -- just make sure to use the Studio versions of the shaping morph pose presets.

• MaloneXIMaloneXI Posts: 145
    edited December 1969

You mean Daz Studio ?

I never used it ...

Ok I'll deal with that.
    Thx...

edited December 1969

Sorry, I assumed since you were asking in these forums that you were using Studio. Regardless, the procedure for Poser is similar and documented in the readme. AlfaseeD is primarily a Poser content creator, with outside assistance to make their stuff work properly in Studio.

edited April 2013

Yeah I was on the same page. To use the various surfaces you have to know how to use the layered surface tool in studio

I am going to have a friend remodel most of the parts so that they fit the standard V4 body. If you know how to use a modeling program you may be able to do the same.

The parts fit the standard V4 body fine. You just have to inject the fit morphs and use the hide poses.

Using the Almost Human presets with the LIE is almost as easy.

Image2.jpg
    1143 x 904 - 108K
    Image1.jpg
    732 x 824 - 90K
    Post edited by BWSman on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2013

One person has said that he needs help using it in Poser, not Daz Studio.

Does anyone have any information about using this in Poser?

Edited to say Oops. read this worng. :roll: corrected.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    The OP has said that he needs help using it in Poser, not Daz Studio.

Does anyone have any information about using this in Poser?

The title says "Are there any DAZ users..."
    Using it in Poser is just a matter of loading the figures; conforming to V4 and applying the hide boy morphs & fit morphs (like any other Poser made product).
  • CyonixCyonix Posts: 210
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    Using the Almost Human presets with the LIE is almost as easy.

True, but there's still the issue of only being able to use one lighting model (such as Skin or Glossy Plastic) when using the Almost Human skin presets (so you either have skin that looks like plastic or the metal parts that look like skin...)

Unless you've figured out something I haven't....

edited December 1969

Not really. I just turned the specular right down & set the glossiness to 98%. One could set up different surface zones using the Polygon editor.

• CyonixCyonix Posts: 210
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    Not really. I just turned the specular right down & set the glossiness to 98%. One could set up different surface zones using the Polygon editor.

Except that the polygons don't line up with the surface...

What would be nice is if you could assign each layer in the LIE a different lighting model....maybe DAZ should consider adding this?

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

I really wanted to get Alphaseeds 110.1 but when I read that it didn't work well with DAZ I skipped it.

I do have V4 installed, so if people can confirm that it works well enough in DAZ (doesn't have to be Genesis) then I would definitely be interested again.

edited December 1969

You could try a geometry shell. I'd even set the offset to 0. You'd use an opacity map for both the 'robotic' shell and the 'human' shell to mask out the other side. Then you could use separate shader definitions for each.

edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:
    I do have V4 installed, so if people can confirm that it works well enough in DAZ (doesn't have to be Genesis) then I would definitely be interested again.

I have used 110.1 numerous times in Studio, most recently in That Way (which is very darkly lit, I admit). It works just fine. The only thing that doesn't work well is the 'Almost Human' texture expansion pack, as it makes heavy usage of the Poser shadertree to combine the human and robotic elements together in a single object.
  • BeaBea Posts: 743
    edited April 2013

We did textures for the outfit 110.1 which I can guarantee will work in DAZ Studio as I am a DAZ Studio user :)

http://www.runtimedna.com/110.1_REVISITED.html

but we didn't do anything for the almost human add-on

and the vendor does say
    "ATTENTION DAZ STUDIO users: because of the material setup, currently Almost Human is for POSER ONLY (any version). The Poser MATs included will NOT work properly DAZ Studio, if you want to understand more, check our this D|S walkthrough to see what you would get using Almost Human Almost Human in DAZ Studio."
    the link is live on their store page of course :)

Post edited by Bea on