Help please... HFS Space System

GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,047
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I recently purchased HFS Space System by DarioFish. I unzipped the files to my runtime directory, opened Poser 9, place a planet prop in the scene and "attempted" to apply one of the MAT files to the planet. Nothing changed. I went to the material room to see if any if the textures were applied and nada. Opened the pose file in a text editor and everything looks correct. For some reason I cant get the textures to apply from the pose file. All the material zones are matching the pose file but nothing seems to happen. What am I doing wrong? I tried to find a tutorial on the product and came up empty. I would've thought their might have been one in the zip files but came up empty. Help!

Comments

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,047
    edited December 1969

But there are PZ2 and DS files, by all rights it should work. I've even opened the PZ2 file and everything looks correct. I just dont understand why it doesnt apply the texture files to the materials in the OBJ.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

This maybe no help at all,but I remember reading that Poser had an issue with putting textures on props,that there had to be a figure in the scene.Now I admit I am not a Poser user ,so maybe this has changed with the more recent versions ,but ......

edited December 1969

Tried it and that didnt work. May have to make the prop into a figure and edit the PZ2 files.

David

edited December 1969

So what about putting the textures on manuelly and remaking/saving the pz2 ? Cause if it's set up for DS it really wouldn't be optimal for Poser ....I sometimes have to do that when stuff is created for use in Poser ,that I like and want to use in DS anyway ......

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Add a null figure to your scene, parent the prop to the null and then apply your materials.

edited December 1969

Null figure? Someone suggested changing the PZ2 files to MC6 files. I'll have to try that later today and see if it works.

edited December 1969

I was just looking and DarioFish also had this in his/her freestuff ....
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=68177
    still DS but thought you might be interested anyway.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

I can't test this in that I don't have the base product but in taking a look at the aforementioned freebies both types of mat files presented I think the problem is that they were not created in either D/S or Poser. If I might suggest, load the prop figure, manually find the textures and re-create the mat files as per the program's usual ways.

edited December 1969

I ended up editing the prop in my CR2 editor and adding in the materials and then saving it as a copy. I then opened Poser and made a materials file. I then took the materials back into my CR2 editor and started copying and pasting the material info from the PZ2 into my base MC6 file and save it out under a new name. So far it’s working. Just a shame that I have to go to such extremes to get it work.

earth_planet_01.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 1M
    volara_planet_03.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Well you could look at it this way,the plus is you now have it working for you in Poser,and you won't have to do it again ......hmmm here's a thought ,to make sure you don't have to do it again,I'd zip up a copy of the Mc6 files along with the original and save it ...just in case ....Glad ya got it worked out ,does make you stop and think though what PA's have to go though trying to keep everybody happy ........

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Null figure? Someone suggested changing the PZ2 files to MC6 files. I'll have to try that later today and see if it works.

Null figures were common in the P4/PPP days to deal with issues of crosstalk. I have several nulls picked up from RDNA and Rendo free stuff.

I'll have to look up my how-to link to see if it's still active.