Layered Image Editor Question

Chaz TrammellChaz Trammell Posts: 8
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello,

I've been working with Daz Studio for a while and I was wondering if it were possible to use the Layered Image Editor to combine the tatoos from M5 Tattoo parlor to a V4 Elite Marie texture without using image editing software? I'm trying to create a custom texture for a character and this would also help for future projects.

Thanks,

Chaz

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Hello,

I've been working with Daz Studio for a while and I was wondering if it were possible to use the Layered Image Editor to combine the tatoos from M5 Tattoo parlor to a V4 Elite Marie texture without using image editing software? I'm trying to create a custom texture for a character and this would also help for future projects.

Thanks,

Chaz

Probably not. They're not the same UV.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

LIE is more for adding Transparent overlay things (images) on top of the base textures. Or adding layers like Bump or Displacement to parts that need them.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hello,

Thanks,

Chaz

See the text in this image.
    popup2_4_7.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 330K
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

My understanding with using LIE with different UV maps such as this is that the items don't line up the same and aren't scaled the same, thus the 'results will vary.' Basically, I would say test the particular tattoo, if it doesn't work they way you want, make a copy of it and edit it in an image editor and try again. There are some positioning controls in LIE if it's just a matter of positioning.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Gedd is correct. You can move the overlays around using LIE to control positioning and sizing. What you won't be able to do with LIE is cross seams and have things line up.

• edited December 1969

Since this topic came up & is labeled simply as "LIE question" I wont feel like I am off topic when I ask (it is not about that tattoo pack but about the LIE itself).

Back when I first started, I was using DAZ 3A and I had bought the LIE but could never figure out how to use it and since that time I noticed that it says that it is for D|S 2 & 3 and that it is not for use with D|S 4. Please understand that while I have been doing this for a "little while" now, I am still like a big noob and there is still sooooo much that I do not know. IF this does not work with D|S 4, how are people using it for items such as this tattoo product with M5? What am I missing and how do I find it? LOL. I see my LIE Makeup in my library in 4.5 Pro but I do not see an LIE option anywhere to open it per-se or a way to access that plug-in and I thought there was more to it than just being able to see the options of the addon packs you bought for it in your content library.

Probably stupid question but if someone that can help and explain it in the "for dummies" version, that would be awesome. =)

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Lady Bree said:
    Since this topic came up & is labeled simply as "LIE question" I wont feel like I am off topic when I ask (it is not about that tattoo pack but about the LIE itself).

Back when I first started, I was using DAZ 3A and I had bought the LIE but could never figure out how to use it and since that time I noticed that it says that it is for D|S 2 & 3 and that it is not for use with D|S 4. Please understand that while I have been doing this for a "little while" now, I am still like a big noob and there is still sooooo much that I do not know. IF this does not work with D|S 4, how are people using it for items such as this tattoo product with M5? What am I missing and how do I find it? LOL. I see my LIE Makeup in my library in 4.5 Pro but I do not see an LIE option anywhere to open it per-se or a way to access that plug-in and I thought there was more to it than just being able to see the options of the addon packs you bought for it in your content library.

Probably stupid question but if someone that can help and explain it in the "for dummies" version, that would be awesome. =)

The LIE comes installed into Daz 4.5. To find it, select any image map from the surfaces tab (diffuse, bump, etc) and click on the image icon. From there you can select the Layered Image Editor.
  • edited December 1969

Herald of Fire,

Thank you sooooo much for the help! =D I am working on a piece for the beginner's contest and am learning about all kinds of things in the surfaces tab so this is definitely some good info to know. Thanks again.

~ Bree ~

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

I'll add my LIE question....Does anyone know of a way to get a LIE layer to rotate other than the 90 degree increments in the panel options? When placing tattoos or scars etc. I often want to do small rotations for better placement. I have had to go back to the overlay image in my 2D app and rotate the tattoo and then bring that back to LIE which is hit or miss.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

MrPoser said:
    I'll add my LIE question....Does anyone know of a way to get a LIE layer to rotate other than the 90 degree increments in the panel options? When placing tattoos or scars etc. I often want to do small rotations for better placement. I have had to go back to the overlay image in my 2D app and rotate the tattoo and then bring that back to LIE which is hit or miss.

That's where they dropped the ball. You cannot rotate other than the 90 degree increments A bug was filed about it when LIE first came out but I guess it was not deemed major enought to fix.