A question

MalusMalus Posts: 370
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Where did my post go I can't seem to find it, or is there still some improvements going on.
Up at the top it said's I have posted 0 times.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

There is no record of you having made any other posts but this one.

• lithomantislithomantis Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I've had a couple of posts disappear since the new forums started. They weren't remotely contentious so they won't have been deleted. I just figured it was one of the 'improvements'.

edited December 1969

It is possible that your posts were werged into another thread, we are attempting to keep posts on any one given subject together, so if there is already a thread on the subject, then we will merge the newer thread with the other one.

With the OP, as you can see from his post count, there is no indication that he made another post.

edited December 1969

No, the threads still existed as separate threads after my posts vanished. Besides, even if the threads had been merged, my posts should still have been there, shouldn't they? And my post count went back down each time, after a post vanished.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Then it was a forum glitch - we don't delete posts, just shuffle them out of public view. That is easier to undo, and leaves evidence that can be reviewed if DAZ is unhappy with our actions or needs to see why we took them.

edited December 1969

That's exactly what I as saying Richard - my posts weren't contentious so I didn't think it was the mods what dunnit.

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited June 2012

chohole said:
    ... posts were werged ...

Is that like 'spread around' instead of grouped? :)

Post edited by Elowan on
    edited December 1969

Elowan said:
    chohole said:

Quite possibly :roll: I think maybe I have started to learn Richard's typoese, It does add interest to some posts, doesn't it. :coolsmile:

• Super NewbSuper Newb Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Elowan said:
    chohole said:

Quite possibly :roll: I think maybe I have started to learn Richard's typoese, It does add interest to some posts, doesn't it. :coolsmile:

:-) I like that. I think that should become a new DAZ forum word. (kind of like "soon")

"Wer'e sorry, but due to circumstances beyond our control, and the new forum software, your post has been werged. It is unclear where your original post is at the moment, but it probably wasn't that important to begin with, and by now, you surely have a more interesting question or comment to make anyway. Thank You for posting in the forums."

:cheese:

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

That was ROFL funny

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited June 2012

I tried to just post ROFL but it wouldn't let me, so I am guessing you gotta have at least something to say so there is not a lot of crap to fill up the forums otherwise it will be werged, if that makes sense.

Post edited by ledhead on
    edited December 1969

Yeah, that little bug is a strange one, We have yet to work out what it is triggers the error, but don't think it is connected to disappearing posts.

THe silly thing about that one is that once someone else has successfully posted to the tread that rejected your post, then you should be able to post to the thread.

• MalusMalus Posts: 370
    edited December 1969

Mine wouldn't have merged cause it was a misc thread, and it shouldn't have been deleted it was called the grimreapers thread with a skull symbol at the end of it.
    Actually I don't remember the exact name, but I'm sure the skull symbol would help it stand out for you to be able to find.

It had about 40 or more pages in it.

edited December 1969

Mine wouldn't have merged cause it was a misc thread, and it shouldn't have been deleted it was called the grimreapers thread with a skull symbol at the end of it.
    Actually I don't remember the exact name, but I'm sure the skull symbol would help it stand out for you to be able to find.

It had about 40 or more pages in it.

THere has been no thread on this site with that many pages yet. Are you by chance taking about a thread from the old site?

This one for example http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=173178

edited December 1969

Yeah that's the thread I'm a bit confused as to what is going on if that thread isn't here, and it is in another thread entirely. Is that thread going to be brought over or am I totally confused here?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The old forums can be found at forumarchive.daz3d.com

edited December 1969

Yeah that's the thread I'm a bit confused as to what is going on if that thread isn't here, and it is in another thread entirely. Is that thread going to be brought over or am I totally confused here?

Grim, you seem to have missed the fact that Daz3D has moved to completely New site. It was announced, well in advance of the move, that this would be happening.

It was also stated that these new forums would start out virtually empty, and that people Post counts would revet to Zero. However your start date stays as it was.

The old forums can be accessed, at the link Mike has given, but in a read only format.
    edited December 1969

So no transfer, and this new one is impossible to navigate.

I assume though that the new one is going to get better over time, and this is the beta to alpha version somewhere along those lines.
    Will that button reappear which said your subscriptions and you can click on it to find your post; because going to control panel is a bit annoying, and it doesn't take me to my thread it just takes me to the main forum front page.
    It took me a bit to get here.

edited June 2012

If you heven't received email notifications of new posts to the thread, have you checked to make sure that email notifications are enabled in your profile.

Apart from that if you click on the profile button under your username, and then click on £view all posts by this user" you foind all the threads you have posted in

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Well this time it worked, but when I did go to my profile and click view all post by this user it just carried me to the front page of the forums. Is everything still in the beginning stages if so will most of the other threads be transferred over, or is it a done deal, and everything has been transferred and fixed.