Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures

Comments

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Another Lena Heady.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=98618

And there's a character hair to go with her.

(And they're both discounted if you're a club member.)

Any other Thrones characters out there?

There's SAV's Dragon Lady. That Lena looks good facially, but Lena's body is more slender than that.

CHEERS!

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Does Jepe's Kenny look kind of like a cross between Miller's Holmes and Blackthorne's Dresden, or am I being overly influenced by the promo pics? Slam-dunk into the cart regardless.

And is there a good Gwyneth Paltrow out there? Preferably for Genesis, but I'm willing to try GenX'ng whatever I can get.

edited December 1969
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,845
    edited December 1969

Does Jepe's Kenny look kind of like a cross between Miller's Holmes and Blackthorne's Dresden, or am I being overly influenced by the promo pics? Slam-dunk into the cart regardless.

I see more of Jonny Lee Miller.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited December 1969

Given the promos go from blonde 'Hacker' to dishevilled 'Holmes' I'm going with Miller on this one.

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    . . . is there a good Gwyneth Paltrow out there? Preferably for Genesis, but I'm willing to try GenX'ng whatever I can get.
    Danae's Dublin is pretty near: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/the-metropolitan-collection---dublin-v4-2/90599/
    Perfect skin! Especially since I'm trying to make Pepper Potts. But the facemorph looks more like Karen Gillan than Gwyneth Paltrow to me. (Not that I'm particularly good at faces to start off with, hence my appreciation for this topic.)

Given the promos go from blonde 'Hacker' to dishevilled 'Holmes' I'm going with Miller on this one.
    And the crystal ball's from the Elementary intro. :shut: 'Kay, thx.
  • Highway HossHighway Hoss Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

I was just wanting to know are there any good V4 morphs resembling Jane Fonda or Joan Collins?

Also I am suprised at the lack of Jennifer Aniston V4 morphs.

• edited December 1969

Yeah, I knew about the Thrones DragonLady. (Head slap.)

I'm still looking for a Bela Lugosi. Anyone?

Beuler?

Beuler?

(No, not looking for him. Joke.)

• MDibbleMDibble Posts: 49
    edited December 1969
  • edited December 1969

MDibble said:

Reminds me of Ms. O, of TV, magazine, film, etc.

Now, here's one back.

MLR's Eirwen's Daughters look like _someone_ but I can't figure out who.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/mrl-eirwens-daughters/97062

• AriahAriah Posts: 93
    edited December 1969

Is it me, or has some of the odnajdy's morphs changed? I mean the promo pictures are nor less similar to the celebrities they are supposed to be... They look more like caricatures. Too bad.

I'm glad I got some of those before they were updated.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=odnajdy

• joea64_bdfaa5ca94joea64_bdfaa5ca94 Posts: 298
    edited December 1969

Ariah81 said:
    Is it me, or has some of the odnajdy's morphs changed? I mean the promo pictures are nor less similar to the celebrities they are supposed to be... They look more like caricatures. Too bad.

I heard that Renderosity had been asked to pull "Red", one of odnajdy's morphs, by Bruce Willis' representatives on the grounds that it looked too much like the actor. That may be why she changed the promo pictures (and possibly the morphs themselves as well); I notice that a couple of other morphs also seem to now be missing (I seem to recall, for example, that she had a Sylvester Stallone morph, but that appears to be gone).

edited December 1969

joea64 said:
    Ariah81 said:

I heard that Renderosity had been asked to pull "Red", one of odnajdy's morphs, by Bruce Willis' representatives on the grounds that it looked too much like the actor. That may be why she changed the promo pictures (and possibly the morphs themselves as well); I notice that a couple of other morphs also seem to now be missing (I seem to recall, for example, that she had a Sylvester Stallone morph, but that appears to be gone).

Ah, so there's that! Too bad, I never got round to buying Red, though.

I guess going commercial with celebrities is risky.

The Stallone character was called Boxer and he's still there: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/boxer-for-m4/95165
    But he doesn't look like Stallone anymore.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    . . . is there a good Gwyneth Paltrow out there? Preferably for Genesis, but I'm willing to try GenX'ng whatever I can get.

Danae's Dublin is pretty near: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/the-metropolitan-collection---dublin-v4-2/90599/

Perfect skin! Especially since I'm trying to make Pepper Potts. But the facemorph looks more like Karen Gillan than Gwyneth Paltrow to me. (Not that I'm particularly good at faces to start off with, hence my appreciation for this topic.) O yeah, Pepper Potts is the best Gwyneth's looked since Polly Perkins in "Sky Captain" (maybe the PP initials are a lucky omen).

I reckon she should be do-able using V5 face shape and the Evolution Morphs (eyebrows and nostrils might be a bit iffy, might be better off shaping from default shape instead, but won't know without trying)... I'm pretty busy at the moment with non-3d stuff, but I'll give it a bash if I get the chance during the next week.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited April 2013

Some of the odnajdy packs that I own have been updated. However, comparing old and new zips it is only the thumbnails that have been updated, probably in line with the new pics on the website to avoid problems with the people depicted.

As far as I can tell the morphs themselves have not changed at all.

Post edited by Haruchai on
  • MDibbleMDibble Posts: 49
    edited December 1969

This looks like a certain "Fox-y" actress. ;-)

edited December 1969
  • Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

I see a lot of vendors making look-a-like morphs these days. I think these are fine for personal use, but I wouldn't feel to confident about using them for commercial use...how do those of you who frequent this thread feel?

• Reverie28Reverie28 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Has anyone seen a good morph for Rachel McAdams? Been looking for one for a long time.

Thanks

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited April 2013

Salem2007 said:
    I see a lot of vendors making look-a-like morphs these days. I think these are fine for personal use, but I wouldn't feel to confident about using them for commercial use...how do those of you who frequent this thread feel?

Everything that follows are my personal opinion and feelings about the question.

I feel that selling celebrity characters (as well as clothes and props, based on popular movies, games, etc) is a parasitic way to boost sales with others' people/movies/games popularity which would do a lion's share of promotion for such vendor when vendor did nothing to promote or made the initial actor/movie/game/etc and/or made them popular. Not only vendors have no rights to use celebrity likeness commercially (I bet nobody asked Jonny Depp if he wants to have 3D character made of him and sold under different name), but people who create original characters (thus putting more effort and creativity in such creation instead of just technical reproduction, however perfect, of already existing person) have to compete harder than the ones that sell another knock-off of Lara Croft. I ease on clothes sometimes because those can be retextured into something completely different and sometimes changed enough to be sufficiently different even in mesh, but character sets is another business.

So I don't use celebrities whatever it is possible not to use them and I don't or rarely support vendors who sell such things commercially. But if I had to use them, it would never be a commercial use as I have no agreement with any of celebrities for rights to use their likeness commercially. The more technically perfect celebrity character is done initially, the less rights I have to use it as full character, combined "skin+morph" that creates that very likeness, so I'd use a skin with some completely different morph or morph with a skin of different color. To use technically perfect, 90%+ likeness celebrity character as a render of him/her would be the same that use a likeness from a unlicensed photograph, IMHO, even if you did this render yourself because celebrities still hold rights on their own likeness, regardless of the medium.

Again, this is how I feel, and of course and everything said is my personal position and nothing else.

Post edited by Kattey on
    edited April 2013

Salem2007 said:

I'm (among other things) a fan-artist with a regrettable lack of the skills and abilities needed to convincingly replicate a character's face on a 3D figure, so I'm happy these are available. I'd be happier if my favorite characters were more likely to be supported. And I'd be a lot happier if vendors would be clearer in their promotional material about a product emulating a specific person or thing -- I'm not particularly culture savvy (I would've never known the recent PlatClub clothes were similar to those in Game of Thrones if other members hadn't enthusiastically pointed it out) and I have facial recognition issues -- it's far to easy for me to buy something because I like the look only to find out after rendering and posting that it means something drastically different to an unknown-to-me fandom.

So a topic like this is extremely useful to me. As for commercial vs non-commercial use, people who put up emulating freebies will usually specify no-commercial-use for that very reason. People selling these have designed their products to be non-infringing, but that doesn't protect the clueless (and un-warned) purchasers from inadvertently using them in an infringing manner. This bugs me. (Which I've mentioned previously in a few related topics, but it's 11:30-ish here and I'm not tracking down links.)

Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

does anyone knows any morph close to Robert Powell the actor who played Jesus or something close to Jesus? thank you in advance!

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited April 2013

Jabba101 said:

Something not mentioned in any of these is the fact that they refer in every case I have ever heard of to direct photographic or video likenesses of the person in question. I have never heard of a case where a caricature or rendered image resulted in a lawsuit. In these cases it would be hard to defend, as right off the bat.. who hasn't heard 'everyone has a twin out there.' Specifically, trying to say "that's me" in something that wasn't a photograph, and defend that against a rendered image where the artist says it's not would be problematic at best. In the case of very distinct personalities, and in particular where those personalities are attached to specific situations the person in question was involved in such as a lookalike character of Johnny Depp in a pirate outfit, or well done Angelina Jolie lookalike, particularly in a Laura Croft lookalike outfit, those might have some merit. But realistically very few actors or actresses are 'that' iconic that changing the hairstyle wouldn't totally negate any connection in someone's mind with the actor/actress. Current patent laws are crazy. In the United States the either passed or it's being pushed to be passed that you don't even own your own DNA. If a company discovers a particular DNA combination in you, "they" can patent it.

As technology moves forward, I think this will a very tricky thing to define. (Or maybe not.... as in "He who has the gold, makes the rules.")

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:

Something not mentioned in any of these is the fact that they refer in every case I have ever heard of to direct photographic or video likenesses of the person in question. I have never heard of a case where a caricature or rendered image resulted in a lawsuit.
    the Ohio Bar page sites case of Tiger Woods suing an artist, albeit artist won the case...

Q: Is a celebrity always successful in defending his or her right to trademark an image of the celebrity?

A: No. There is an ever-present conflict between the celebrity’s ownership rights in his or her image and the right to freedom of expression protected by the First Amendment. The celebrity has a right of publicity, which enables the celebrity to prevent his or her image from being used in an unauthorized manner for profit. However, artists’ works are traditionally held to be protected under the First Amendment. In 1998, Tiger Woods’ management company, based in Cleveland, Ohio, sued an Alabama artist for marketing Tiger Woods’ image in a limited edition set of prints which depict Woods winning the Masters’ Tournament in Augusta, Georgia. The United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio held that Woods’ image was not protected by trademark law and that the First Amendment permits the artist to use, and profit from the use of, the image. Woods appealed the decision to the Sixth Circuit United States Court of Appeals, who affirmed the district court's opinion in 2003.

• eyet33theyet33th Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

is this Jamie Chung? http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/p3d-shao/98811/

also this girl seems familiar but i can not think who it can be http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/mrl-adena/98842/

edited December 1969

Isikol said:
    does anyone knows any morph close to Robert Powell the actor who played Jesus or something close to Jesus? thank you in advance!
    I'm not aware of one off the top of my head.
    An old thread about similar - http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=1805004

Of course, if you want to be subversive, try AntFarm's CitizenX for M5 but with a 'clean' texture applied to it, hehehe :ohh:

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

There was one of Christopher Eccleston for Hiro 3, I think, anyone know where to find it?

edited December 1969

Not offhand no, but, if you search for CD2011 (or whatever year number he may be using now) he did a load of Doctor Who morphs, I thought they were on Share CG but now I can't find them.

CHEERS!

This discussion has been closed.