The No Complaint too Trivial Complaint Thread

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
edited December 2017 in The Commons

This discussion was created from comments split from: I Am So Tired But There's So Much To Do Complaint Thread.

we need a new thread title?

?

The Complainer's Complaint Thread
The no complaint is too trivial Complaint Thread
The over worked under paid  Complaint Thread
The cupcake  Complaint Thread

The Dessert has no sprinkles  Complaint Thread

Post edited by Mistara on

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

complaint - is time to catch a bus. 

it's in the 20Fs out there.  crying

i complained all day about the cold out there, no one offered to drive me home.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517

...missed it by "that much" 

Congrtats Misty. 

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063

AccuWeather on my phone says it will go down to 18F tonight, around 4:00 am.  Brrrrrrr!  Glad I put the heat on.  We've been comfy.  Windy out!  And I have to go to the market for a few things.  My complaint for now.

Dana

• NVIATWASNVIATWAS Posts: 1,242

DEAD FISH IN A TRAY has become DEAD FISH IN MY TUMMY.  The spider tempura was sooo crunchy and light, and the spicy tuna and yellowtail hand rolls rocked my world.  Napped for an hour after, and still have miso soup for brekkie tomorrow.  Hot oolong tea next to me, Louisiana swamp blues on the jukebox, a chill 64F outside, overcaast, and unfriendly outdoors.  And my Sherpa hoodie won't arrive until Monday, so no going outside except at Noon over the weekend!

Big task for tomorrow is cleaning off the work laptop as supposedly someone will be coming by for it next week.  This will free up room to set up my Raspberry Pi development system!  I will be purchasing a TI microcontroller development system as well, to expand my capabilities.

I need to find sugar-free hot choco online, and maybe some peppermint extract, to make holiday drinkies.Also need to decide on Thanksgiving meal.. I think turkey sausage, gravy, and rolls. Cooking for one on Thanksgiving is a pain.

No real complaints except that I need to rearrange and clean up this weekend to set up my lab to start my own company, and make room for the tile-top rolling kitchen workstation (mini sized).Theere's going to be some serious rearrengement!  I need to settle in for the Winter.

Geebus I'm soooooo stuffed...

• So, is the title going to count down?

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,549
    edited November 2017

44 more sleeps and only 3-4 more paychecks, depending on one's pay schedule of course. Wow.

Post edited by DestinysGarden on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

So, is the title going to count down?

http://www.xmasclock.com/

44 more sleeps and only 3-4 more paychecks, depending on one's pay schedule of course. Wow.

I have 2.5 paychecks coming before the income stream dries up.  Thankfully expenses are low and all capital expenses have been dealt with while employed.  Not handing out presents so I have no worries there!

edited November 2017

...my monthly expenses jumped by 110$ this month due to the new phone and Net service. Thankfully I was able to get my system upgrades, with W7 Pro and a new HDD on the way.  Then it's time to play hardware tech for a day, but then will have pretty much maxed my work system out as much as I can.  After that, fix the notebook and I'll be completely back in business.

Checked with my SSDI lawyer and my case for retroactive benefits is still in process.  Would be a nice Birthday/Yule prezzie (even after they take their cut) should that came through by year's end as it would be about 34 months worth of back benefits.

Well, gotta go head out for a bit.   Need to get the fish and red potatoes for tonight.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

Can I join the new thread?

Complaint one of my housemates is on the phone practically on other side of house but I still can hear her talk on the phone.  My door is closed but she is that loud.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    NVIATWAS said:

I have 2.5 paychecks coming before the income stream dries up.  Thankfully expenses are low and all capital expenses have been dealt with while employed.  Not handing out presents so I have no worries there!

Only six more Friday’s until Christmas :)

Mistara said:

*hugs*

Mmmmmm, new thread smell.

Complaint!  Ever since I ate the soft-shell crab, I've been crabby.  Coincidence?

I just ordered a box of flavored coffees to drink during the holidays.  Wanted sugar-free hot choco but the ingredient list looked it was made by Monsanto!  Chemical soup.  And a three pack of sugar-free holiday coffee syrups was $40!  Oh well.

I need to buy a Vicky, a temple, and a sword.  Meh. :(

Purple squishy invasion has started.  WTF is a purple squishy and why would I want it?  Where is my anxiety medicine?  I am anxiously waiting.

ps1borg said:
    Mistara said:

*hugs*

thanks 

home sweet home

brrrr

DanaTA said:

AccuWeather on my phone says it will go down to 18F tonight, around 4:00 am.  Brrrrrrr!  Glad I put the heat on.  We've been comfy.  Windy out!  And I have to go to the market for a few things.  My complaint for now.

Dana

howelly scary winds out there

the kinda wind no giant ferris wheel should be operating 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

43 if you're this side of the world!!

Hmmm I think I got a bathroom or a spa room for about forty cents after a coupon that was so PC to use that coupon.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    edited November 2017

Complaint one of my housemates is on the phone practically on other side of house but I still can hear her talk on the phone.  My door is closed but she is that loud.

I have the opposite problem. My husband is a "low talker". He speaks at the same volume whether you're 3 feet from him or 30 feet from him. And despite being a very smart man, he doesn't seem to know how sound works. Him in the living room, and me in the kitchen cleaning next to a very loud dishwasher. He says something to me in the same volume level as if I was sitting next to him on the couch. I say "what?" and he repeats himself ..At ..The ..SAME ..Volume ...Level. I say "What?" again ...and he repeats himself ...again, NOT raising his voice At All. He can't figure out that if I DIDN'T hear him the first time at that level that I'm not going to hear him if he just repeats himself at the exact same volume level. He NEVER raises his voice no matter how far away I am from him or how loud whatever I'm next to is. Making me actually having to drop what I'm doing and go stand next to him to hear what he wanted to say. 

He claims I'm "hard of hearing" but I'm only in my 30s and he's literally the only person I have trouble hearing. If I have this much trouble hearing him now, I can't imagine what it's going to be like when I'm older and actually might have hearing problems. 

We've been together for years and he still won't stop being a "low talker". I'm starting to get the attitude of "if he can't be arsed to raise his voice so that I can hear him, then I can't be arsed to care what he's trying to say". ...Sad. Something has to give. I don't want to have that attitude but after years of trying to get him to speak up, I'm starting to feel that way. :(

Post edited by 3Diva on

*hugs*

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

Rained yesterday, couldn't ride because my road will be flooded for 3 more days, same as every time it rains.
    Neighbor told me about an ATV path through woods that leads to paved road, never floods. Tried it.
    My bike fits! I can ride! Bwaaaa-haaa-haa-*choke-gasp*
    Anyway, rode all day, going nowhere, planning nothing, just enjoying a beautiful Autumn day.
    Couldn't find entrance to path upon return.
    Might take a sleeping bag and ground pad, next time. Tarp over bike to sleep dry. Who knows?
    It's nice outside.

Changed every light bulb in my car. Noticably brighter. Lamps dim with age.

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787
    kyoto kid said:

Checked with my SSDI lawyer and my case for retroactive benefits is still in process.  Would be a nice Birthday/Yule prezzie (even after they take their cut) should that came through by year's end as it would be about 34 months worth of back benefits.

I hope your benefits come through before Christmas. I don't know if you are aware of it, but they generally pay out the back benefits a little at a time. I only had 10 months of benefits, but it was nice getting a big check every six months for a couple of years. A friend of mine who had about 3 years of benefits like you do, told me that there is a program to get a lump sum payment to use as a down payment for buying a house. I am not sure what you could get in western Oregon for that amount, except maybe a mobile home, but it might be something you would want to look into.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063

25F right now, at 11:05 pm.  Glad I don't have to go out for anything!

Dana

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    NVIATWAS said:
    Complaint!  Ever since I ate the soft-shell crab, I've been crabby.  Coincidence?

Don't order the blindfish.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666

I'm cold too.  I keep forgetting to look for some new shaders in the Daz Store.

Stezza said:

43 if you're this side of the world!!

need a tardis to catch up  smiley

dunno if i'm awake or dreaming. or neither

I have the opposite problem. My husband is a "low talker". He speaks at the same volume whether you're 3 feet from him or 30 feet from him. And despite being a very smart man, he doesn't seem to know how sound works. Him in the living room, and me in the kitchen cleaning next to a very loud dishwasher. He says something to me in the same volume level as if I was sitting next to him on the couch. I say "what?" and he repeats himself ..At ..The ..SAME ..Volume ...Level. I say "What?" again ...and he repeats himself ...again, NOT raising his voice At All. He can't figure out that if I DIDN'T hear him the first time at that level that I'm not going to hear him if he just repeats himself at the exact same volume level. He NEVER raises his voice no matter how far away I am from him or how loud whatever I'm next to is. Making me actually having to drop what I'm doing and go stand next to him to hear what he wanted to say. 

He claims I'm "hard of hearing" but I'm only in my 30s and he's literally the only person I have trouble hearing. If I have this much trouble hearing him now, I can't imagine what it's going to be like when I'm older and actually might have hearing problems. 

We've been together for years and he still won't stop being a "low talker". I'm starting to get the attitude of "if he can't be arsed to raise his voice so that I can hear him, then I can't be arsed to care what he's trying to say". ...Sad. Something has to give. I don't want to have that attitude but after years of trying to get him to speak up, I'm starting to feel that way. :(

...I'm like that as well, especially when I fall back into my "BBC accent".

edited November 2017
    Zylox said:
    kyoto kid said:

I hope your benefits come through before Christmas. I don't know if you are aware of it, but they generally pay out the back benefits a little at a time. I only had 10 months of benefits, but it was nice getting a big check every six months for a couple of years. A friend of mine who had about 3 years of benefits like you do, told me that there is a program to get a lump sum payment to use as a down payment for buying a house. I am not sure what you could get in western Oregon for that amount, except maybe a mobile home, but it might be something you would want to look into.

...Not so much concerned about buying a home as I am about moving to another country where my SS benefits go further than they do here and I can get free healthcare instead of paying 142$ a month for Medicare..

Post edited by kyoto kid on

...OK so tonight there is a new PC item that triggers eadditional discounts I easily could use, however the 5 gardening tool sets I had in the cart were dropped from the Daz O 80% category for some reason.  Can't win for losing it seems.

This discussion has been closed.